PDA

View Full Version : General Discussion [16]: Lobstah!

Erik
11-15-2007, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by MissDay7000

Yeah...Halloween's pretty interesting out here on my campus too, Ran. Except unlike your own creative costume idea of Elphaba, most of the girls just take the easy way out and decide to dress up as "naughty nurses", french maids, and (I quote from the girls who live in the room next door) "morning after girls". So all through the day on Halloween here you can expect to see alot of females wearing little or next to nothing at all. I chose to be (as some of them might put it) "lame" and dress up as a pirate maiden with a costume that actually covered my boobs and butt. *Smiles sarcastically* Silly me. ;)

lol, yes, silly you. Everyone wants to see that :p We have the sexiest members out of any board, moo ha ha!

*cough* Anywho... new chat thread y'all. For bonus marks, someone tell me where the title's from! :D Jon will get this in no time.

CHRISTMAS IS COMING ADN I HAVE NO PRESENTS BOUGHT YET AAHHHHHHH.

Also: PLEASE DONATE TO KEEP TPO ALIIIIIIVE! AAHHHHHH!

*throws confetti and love around*

Daroga
11-15-2007, 04:32 PM
In response to being called out on the title... I have three words for you:

Hoodja. Hoodja. Hoodja. ;)

Which will also illict the response "Lobstah" when yelled across a crowded coffee house to a friend. The interesting part is to tally up how many people look at you with a knowing an approving nod and how many just think you are crazy. Sadly it tends to skew towards the latter which means the cult of Eddie has not yet reached the numbers it is destined for.

masquerading rose
11-16-2007, 02:02 AM
I would like to spread the word about this nifty little website called freerice.com! Its a vocabulary quiz, and each question you get right, the site will donate ten grains through the United Nations to third-world countries. Not only will you help end world hunger, but the advanced vocabulary words will start popping up in your everyday speech. On the site, there are banners (like in my signature) and Frequently Asked Questions about the site.
I looooooooooooove the site!!!!

IamErik771
11-22-2007, 05:59 PM
Hey, all! I'd like to wish all my fellow American Phans a happy Thanksgiving. And to those who don't celebrate it . . . happy November 22nd! ^_^

In other news, I got to see The Lion King onstage last night again! XD I got the very last ticket they had -- the line was insanely long. Still, I got in and the show was great, so I was happy. :D I shall write a full review soon.

Why So Silent
11-22-2007, 06:56 PM
YAY Happy Thanksgiving - the day we celebrate the violent colonization of North America and the suffering of its people! :D

JK. Hope all of you had a lovely year and are being thankful for it ^_^

Dr. Heimlich! Maybe it's a combination of frying pan, kick in the nuts, punch in the face?

The Khanum
11-22-2007, 07:15 PM
To reiterate the previous sentiments... HAPPY THANKSGIVING, you gorgeous people, you. Hope your vacations are going as splendiforously as my own. I went to Philly yesterday, aaaaaand guess who I saw... Dane freakin' Cook, yo. Yeah, it was marvelous. He's a very funny man, he is. And now today my cousin Anne is coming over, and she's one of my best friends and I haven't seen her in forever. Oh goodness, it has been a wonderful last few days. Yessums.

Anywho, I was just popping in to see how everyone was doing. I won't be here much until Monday, but y'all won't miss me much. ;) Cheers, darlings.

Mrs Nadir Khan
12-12-2007, 04:08 AM
Is this thread dead? *pokes* Still slightly squishy, no maggots...

Anyways, it's the holiday season and as much as I love Christmas, I have discovered my bigget holiday pet peeve. It's not the crowds. It's not finals. It's not the cold.

It's the music, believe it or not. Sounds strange, but...

It's children's recordings of Christmas carols, namely "Do You Hear What I Hear" and "The Little Drummer Boy". Shows how distorted the view of Christmas is. There were shepherds, angels, magi, cattle... but no drummers. Strange. And how do the lamb and the shepherd boy communicate? Plus, it's overly repetitive. And often, the kids are really breathy and trying too hard to be cutesy. Plus, they get paid to sing strangely and I don't.

And I'm out of skips on Yahoo!Launch Cast. *headdesk* That's my Scrooge!Rant.

Anyone else have holiday pet peeves?

Opera Ghost
12-24-2007, 06:05 PM
Not many holiday pet peeves, but I hate all the blow-up Santa Claus's and inflatable snowmen and flashing lights that some people absoloutly plaster all over their houses.. bah humbug I know, but hey..

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE HERE!! *hands out crackers, Santa hats and boxes of chocolates* :D Have a great time, guys!

Mrs Nadir Khan
12-25-2007, 02:02 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Just thought I'd share a quick thing one of the men in my church choir shared with everyone. The 12 Days of Christmas (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Fe11OlMiz8) with a twist. :) Hope y'all enjoy it!

inside your mind15
12-25-2007, 02:16 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!
I just wanna say that I love you guys!
ANDDDD my Christmas is not white. Actually it is about 75 degrees outside. No snow for Florida! Especially central Florida. :D See y'all around!

masquerading rose
12-25-2007, 04:26 AM
KRISTEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love thee, Kristen!

Ack. Our Christmas isn't white, either. It's just cold. I froze my keester off at a theme park the other day. Texas is either cold or icy. Never white and snowy. There HAS to be a happy medium..... lol.

Mrs Nadir Khan
12-25-2007, 06:45 PM
Or it's hot. Don't forget last week when people wore tank tops outside.

Why are we talking about the weather, anyways? It's Christmas!! Who else opened awesome presents?

I got tons of stuff for my linguistic goals, two CDs, a load of make up and jewelry, and the most amazing clothes eva'! What about everyone else?

EDIT: Post 700!!! AHahahaha!

THeFaCeiNTHeMaSK
12-29-2007, 02:05 AM
Christmas is over. *Pouts* I hope everyone had a good one- I got a pretty good haul and now shoe stores are calling my name. *Jamie wants new boots*

Every year, the adults in my family play bad santa while the kids get one present to open up. And this year, I'm finally old enough to play the game. And I won a belly-dancing kit! I nearly wet myself I laughed so hard. My uncle got it first- and he's training to be a priest so that was really funny.

On new years, my friends and I are playing dirty santa. Same thing as secret santa- with gag gifts. I think I'm going to the mall and buying No-Tear Toilet Paper and a plunger... just some bathroom humor gifts. HEE-HEE, Jamie likes gag gifts.

Mrs Nadir Khan
12-29-2007, 02:09 AM
Hmm... A belly-dancing priest. That gives me images I never thought I could come up with, thanks, Jamie!

Is bad santa like a white elephant with gag gifts or something? *has never played it or heard of it* I know, I'm sheltered, but what can I do?

Love the Lie
01-01-2008, 06:23 AM
I CLAIM IT FIRST! I CLAIM IT FIRST!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

HeeHee.

THeFaCeiNTHeMaSK
01-01-2008, 08:12 AM
Yay, I'm second!!!! Oh, wait... second place is just the first loser...

WELCOME TO 2008!!!!

[SPAMMY-SPAM-SPAM... JAMIE LIKES CAPS LOCK]

IamErik771
01-01-2008, 06:50 PM
No fair! *curses time-zone difference that results in his always being last* XD

Happy New Year, everyone! I hope all of you will have an awesome 2008... With luck, it'll be our best year yet! ^_^

masquerading rose
01-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Aww... Poor James. *gasp* But no, he's not last! I am!!!

Happy '08, y'all!!! I hope it's as fabulous as '07!!!!

ZOMG!!! free rice.com (http://freerice.com/index.php) has moved its number of grains to twenty per question. This is great! I'm so glad that they are doing this. Not that anyone cares....

maskedsinger
01-02-2008, 02:44 AM
Hey everyone!!! I just wanted to post something totally random, and here it is. So I go to this camp every summer, Interlochen Arts Camp, maybe some of you have heard of it. Well you have to audtion to get into the Musical Theatre Production, so I have to tape my audition on saturday. And now I'm forgetting the words to my songs. So I'm kind of freaking out. Although I'm getting better.

James, I'm in California, I'm last. Unless you live somewhere else. I don't know, Hawaii. I hate being last. Even worse, I missed the ball dropping. :'( How was everyone's new years?

Chrissy what about freerice.com?

IamErik771
01-02-2008, 03:22 AM
Heh heh... Yes, in fact I do live in Hawaii! 'Tis beautiful here, but it's also kind of a bummer, since that means it'll be that much harder to visit any of you. But hopefully, I'll get to meet some of our lahvely TPO-ians someday soon. ^_^

masquerading rose
01-02-2008, 04:44 AM
Chrissy what about freerice.com?
Freerice.com is now donating twenty grains of rice for every question answered correctly to third-world countries. They used to only donate ten for ever correct answer. This is great. So far, they have collected over 12,000,000,000 grains of rice! That's wonderful! Your time would be very much appriciated. Free rice is a vocabulary quiz and it's very fun.

maskedsinger
01-02-2008, 04:57 AM
OOhhh okay I gotcha. James I had no clue that you lived in Hawaii!!! That's soo amazingly cool!!! I live in LA, eh, its okay I guess.

Oh yea I'm playing guitar hero and OWNING at it!! Anyone else play it? I challenge you!! (only up to hard)

Isabella Delancy
01-02-2008, 07:11 PM
*cough*JamescometoEnglandfirstcauseIsaidsoandIrock *cough*

Yeah, well we never had a snowy Christmas despite my wish for it (I once wished for snow and it did snow the next day! Zomg.) but oh well. I got a very little iPod shuffle for Xmas - I swear I'm gonna lose it! Bah. Twas a bizarre day as anyone who knows my current home situation will probably guess. Meh. Could've been worse, so..

New Year's Eve was good...girly giggles is always good, even if the bar we went to wasn't particularly full. It was my friend Abbie's birthday on NYE so at one second to midnight we wished her happy birthday and then immediately after, Happy New Year. :D

Hope everyone here has a great 2008!

masquerading rose
01-02-2008, 08:29 PM
Wow, her birthday was on NYE? MINE TOO! That's so amazingly cool!

*sigh* I'm like... bored. But on a plus, on the eleventh, twelfth, and thirteenth, I get to see my bestest friend EVA. He's going to be preforming in a play. Suessical. I just hope his hand is better before then. I feel so bad for him. His hand is in horrid condition, but it could have been much worse. *cries*

Erik
01-23-2008, 08:43 PM
I am trying to maintain my sanity, but it's not easy. Go figure. I'm going stir crazy over here in Canada.

For one, someone I love is in the hospital now getting prepped for a risky surgery.

For two, I have strep throat, and I'm so bored and so tired and my throat hurts all the time, and aaaaaah. *headdesk*

For three, I'm working hard trying to get some TPO stuff organized, and y'all had better participate in the competition threads (http://www.phantoms-opera.com/forumdisplay.php?f=151)!! :p [/shameless plug] But really though, why not. You can win mad roses that way, it's awesome.

Man. I am tired. And I have been listening to Queen all stop yesterday and The Killers non stop today. I think that their new album Sawdust kicks some serious ass, by the way. [/shameless advertising]

I'm so glad I got a doctors note to take off work today and Friday. I think I very much need it, if not for my strep then to get some rest :/ Thank God my exams are almost over. I wrote a social studies one not long ago about the effectiveness of party systems in the world, and I think I did really good on it :) My English essay was kind of crappy but I think I'll make up for it on the reading comprehension. Also! I got a 95% on my photo essay project in Egnlish based on Camus' AMAZING book 'The Outsider' (though the french title of l'éranger, in my opinion, is much more appropriate). The only thing that hurt me was how incredibly thoughfull my photos were adnt hen I had one that sort of stuck out like a sore thumb :( But other than that, it was perfect, and he was telling people he liked mine the most out of my class ^_^ I got the highest mark.

Other than that, I think I either did really good or really bad on my Science final. Or in between. It's a toss up between those three choices :p And I still have my English Reading Comprehension and my Social Studies mulitiple choice to write, then I'm done my exams and the third semester can start.

I can't wait until I go to New York. I just want that week of not worrying about anything, and I get to see KT there, and I just want to get away from this stupid city for a while. Though my dad very nearly pulled me off the trip once he learned that only one of the three chaperones has been to New York before for one night only. But I managed to get him distracted, and besides, we've paid almost all of the trip off (only one more payment to make) and most of it's non-refundable and it's so close to the trip and I will pretty much hate him for the rest of existance if he didn't let me go.

*phew* Long posty post about nothing in particular. Adieu.

Night feather
02-02-2008, 06:05 PM
Ugh! I absolutely hated L'étranger when I read it in French a few weeks ago. I really don't like Camus' perception of existentialism, not at all, much more prefers Satre's version. I couldn't relate to the main character at all, I found his hollowness absolutely terrifying, and I could not at all sympathise with the conclusion he came to about his life and existence when he was in prison.

But I'm really sorry you're at the end of your rope over there in Canada Sam honey, and I really need to talk to you soon again, we haven't talked to each other for AGES!

masquerading rose
02-15-2008, 02:46 AM
Happy Valentine's Day, folks!!!

♥♥♥♥

I hope everyone had a good Valentine's day. I know mine was okay.

People did CandyGrams at school today and I was made fun of because I got nothing, but I had friends to celebrate it with so that was good. I hope this doesn't count as spam.

Isabella Delancy
02-18-2008, 11:41 PM
Valentine's Day SUCKED this year...apart from being single and receiving no cards, I mean. The nursery hadn't called and my parents preliminary divorce papers arrived. Ha, talk about an ironic date, eh? Hahaha.

HOWEVER. The nursery who were meant to call me either Wednesday or Thursday actually rang me today. And offered me a job! *squees and bounces repeatedly* I'm gonna be a nursery nurse!!!!!!!!! Wow I'm so excited and don't even care that I'm person #4 to hand her notice in in 2 weeks, now. Hahaha. Ohh well

IamErik771
02-21-2008, 03:02 AM
Mwahahahaha . . .

The Hawaii Democratic Caucus was last night. I wasn't technically registered as a Democrat, but was able to do so as I waited in the (extremely long) line. The voters went to different polling stations depending on district, but it was still super-crowded . . . which, of course, is a good thing. :D

I'd never been to a caucus before, partly because this is the first presidential election I'll be able to vote in, so I wasn't really sure what to expect. Our caucus center was at a local elementary school cafeteria, and so we waited in line outside for the volunteers to usher us in about 30 at a time. Rather than giving us paper ballots, they had us all sit at a table and raise our hands for either Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama. (I'm an Obama dude, myself. :)) Kind of unscientific, but in the group I went in with, a vast majority was for Obama. They weren't selling t-shirts or souveniers, unfortunately . . . but I picked up a couple of Obama stickers, at least. ;)

One more thing I noticed . . . Outside the cafeteria were several campaign posters for both candidates. The ones for Obama were really nice-looking, with great graphics, fancy logos, and photos of him. The ones for Hillary were simply sheets of folder paper with "Vote for Hillary!" scribbled on them with a Magic Marker. I found that rather amusing. XD I'm not trying to sound mean, though -- if she ends up getting the Democratic nomination, I'll vote for her over John McCain any day.

I was kinda hoping that the Hawaii caucuses would get a mention on The Daily Show or The Colbert Report, but both shows were having reruns last night. Ah, well . . . perhaps tonight?

Daroga
02-21-2008, 03:19 AM
LOL... James... even if they had been new episodes a mention is all that Hawaii would have gotten. Those shows are filmed on the East Coast and your polls didn't close until 1 am our time. Not that I was refreshing CNN.com on a regular basis or anything.

I'm kinda surprised by the fact there were even posters there at all... I know here there are laws that you can't have campaign materials within so many hundred feet of the polling place. Kentucky's primary isn't until May, you know us always behind the times. ;) I'm glad your first experience was awesome though. There need to be more people your age involved in the process (as opposed to old farts like me). When I was little my grandfather (who died nine years ago and still probably votes cause I live in a backwater state like that) used to tell me that 'if you don't vote you can't complain' and I've maintained my right to complain in every election since I turned 18. Times like this make me glad I have it. ;)

Forgotten Angel
02-21-2008, 04:51 AM
Hillary won here in Jersey, but, personally, I only know one person our age who voted for her; all the other Democratic voters our age voted for Obama. My friend Alli made a point that I hadn't even thought of: if Hillary wins, it'll kind of feel almost like a monarchy/dictatorship - Bush Sr, Bill Clinton, Bush Jr, Hillary Clinton... Anyone else noticing a pattern?

Anywhoos, I would have voted in the primaries, but I'm not 18 yet. :( Two months from today, though! :D

In completely unrelated news: I was in the city with my friend Jamie last, and while we were there, we spontaneously decided to see a Broadway show. XD So we got standing tickets for Spring Awakening for $27. How awesome is that? :D

masquerading rose
02-21-2008, 05:22 AM
Spring Awakening? Wow! Have fun you lucky duck! For so cheap, too!

I'm seeing Phantom twice this month. Aaaaaaannnnd I get to meet the cast once. Sorry, I had to brag to y'all a little, even though half the board has already seenit I bet. lol.

So, Shadow, is SA playing in Jersey?

IamErik771
02-21-2008, 05:32 AM
Awesomeness, Shadow! Do let us know how the show was, eh? And that's odd -- I thought you were eighteen all this time. XD

And I agree, Jon; we must preserve our right to complain at all costs! After all, complaining is what gets the country moving more than anything else. :D

I think it's a good thing that the race has been so close, in a way. It forces the candidates to keep reminding the voters why they should be elected, and also allows them to better develop their positions on the issues. Much as I like Obama, I don't think he'd be nearly as strong a candidate at this point if he had effortlessly clinched the nomination. Also, it gives the other states much more of a voice -- voters around the country wouldn't be nearly as excited if the contest had ended right after South Carolina.

Forgotten Angel
02-21-2008, 06:47 AM
Hehe. Actually, our original plan was to get TKTS tickets for Phantom, but it was sold out there, and they have no standing room for Phantom. XD So we got rush standing tickets for Spring Awakening. And it was excellent, by the way! Jamie didn't like it so much; she's more of a happy-go-lucky person, and it was kind of dark and rated R...

And no, Spring Awakening is not playing in NJ. There's this ridiculous law (which actually kinda makes sense, but I'm in denial about that) about how if a place is within a certain distance of Broadway, they are not allowed to put on shows currently on Broadway or which have recently closed on Broadway. This includes high schools.

Actually, a friend of mine was thinking of creating a musical and calling it something like "40 Miles From Broadway" about a high school that wants to put on a production of a show currently on Broadway, but can't do it because of that law. XD She never did do it...

Raoul de Chagny
02-21-2008, 08:47 AM
I want to see Wicked that's opening here in Melbourne in June/July. Trying to get the top class tickets, emerald. But one ticket site won't let you by more than one at a time so it's hard when I'm trying to get tickets for me and my boyfriend and we kind of want to sit next to each other. Luckily there's this other site that lets you get premium tickets in packages. So hopefully I can do that and if the program is included then I'm happy! :)

They announced the cast for Wicked last week. I don't know the women who are playing the leads but they've cast 2 ex-Australian Idol male contestants as the male leads. Rob Mills (another claim to fame for him is that he hooked up with Paris Hilton a few years ago when she was in Australia and the poor guy will never hear the end of it.) is playing the Green Witch's love interest. And Anthony Callea (the only reason he may be known outside Australia is that he did a cover of The Prayer, and sang for the Queen.) is playing the munchkin that is in love with Glinda.

Other than that, last week my boyfriend and I went on a hot air balloon ride for our first anniversary. I won free tickets in a radio competition. It was pretty awesome. Here are some photos:
Blowing up the Balloon (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/panfan/IMG_0394.jpg)
Fire (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/panfan/IMG_0397.jpg)
View from below while taking off (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/panfan/IMG_0405.jpg)
Another balloon with us (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/panfan/IMG_0421.jpg)
Sunrise from above the clouds (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/panfan/IMG_0442.jpg)

There is one photo of me but it's still on my boyfriend's camera.

Opera Ghost
02-21-2008, 11:47 AM
I want to see Wicked that's opening here in Melbourne in June/July. Trying to get the top class tickets, emerald. But one ticket site won't let you by more than one at a time so it's hard when I'm trying to get tickets for me and my boyfriend and we kind of want to sit next to each other. Luckily there's this other site that lets you get premium tickets in packages. So hopefully I can do that and if the program is included then I'm happy! :)

They announced the cast for Wicked last week. I don't know the women who are playing the leads but they've cast 2 ex-Australian Idol male contestants as the male leads. Rob Mills (another claim to fame for him is that he hooked up with Paris Hilton a few years ago when she was in Australia and the poor guy will never hear the end of it.) is playing the Green Witch's love interest. And Anthony Callea (the only reason he may be known outside Australia is that he did a cover of The Prayer, and sang for the Queen.) is playing the munchkin that is in love with Glinda.

Ah, I hope you get to see it, it's a great show. I saw it on the London West End a few months ago and it was brilliant, even with the couple of hitches that occured. I prefered the Fiyero (man in love with Elphaba, the wicked witch) we saw to the one on the official soundtrack, i don't like his voice at all. And the guy who played Boq (munchkin who loves Glinda) was good in London, very Scottish! I love the soundtrack.

*kicks the computer* Microsoft Word won't open :(

Forgotten Angel
02-21-2008, 07:34 PM
*saw Wicked twice* I saw the full original cast the first time, but except for Ben Vereen and whoever was playing Madame Morrible, I liked the cast better the second time. Their acting was better, even if their singing wasn't quite as good...

Completely forgot to mention about Spring Awakening: So, there's this one part where two of the male characters kiss. And as soon as they started kissing, there was some guy in the audience who gasped really loudly, and it made the entire audience crack up laughing. Then. when they didn't stop kissing, the same person was like, "Oh my God!" really loudly, and I swear a couple people fell out of their seats laughing. It was a really inappropriate scene to laugh during, but that person's reaction was just so..... wow. *snerks* We were laughing at the person, not the show. ^^;

Erik
02-21-2008, 09:22 PM
:) I'm seeing Hairspray at the end of March when I go to New York. I was très upset at it, but I got over it once I stopped sulking long enough to go buy the movie and decided that it is ridiculously catchy and I ended up dancing at the end. o_o. So it's kind of cool that we're going to see Hairspray, but I'm going to still stand strong in saying I wish we were going to go see a different one, because there are so many good ones there now. AND RENT IS CLOSING. We should have chosen that one...

Awwwwwwwww Hollie that's so cute! ^____^ I'm so glad you found your boyfriend, you completely deserve him. Also! OMG. Ballon ride! So high! Was it scary at all?

You know what sucks... I follow American politics way closer than I follow Canadian politics, but I can't vote in any sort of American elections. *sigh* I very much enjoy keeping up with everything though, and I hope Barack wins. ^_^ Jon, my dad says that all the time, hehe.

There was a presentation today about donating blood, and I had no idea you had to be 17. I thought you had to be 18. If I had known that I would have given blood aaaaaages ago. I don't really like needles... but I think it's way worth it. I just have to find a donation center to go to. I'm excited for giving blood, I've wanted to for years but wasn't old enough.

Plus, free cookies! :p

masquerading rose
02-22-2008, 01:55 AM
Oh. My. God. Hollie, that is so cool. I wish I could have done that!!! Those are beautiful pictures! I wish I could take a picture like that! Amazing shots!

Sam,you don't like needles either? Wow, I HATE them. I can't even stand sewing needles. *cringe* I have the weirdest story about me, Andrea Bocelli, needles, radioactivity and the doctors office. I think it's posted somewhere.... else and I can't find it.

Ick. Do you know how hard it is to type on a laptop key board? It sucks.

THeFaCeiNTHeMaSK
03-01-2008, 03:46 AM
Gosh, I've missed being on here. My mama had surgery and has to recooperate... and on her way home from the hospital, she and my grandma got into a car wreck. Before anyone freaks out, she's fine, she's just had to spend a lot more time recooperating. So that's why I've been absent so long, and if y'all could keep her in your prayers/thoughts/whatever, I'd really appreciate it.

On a happier note, I've had three great things happen to me. I've been promoted to a 1st Lieutenient in ROTC and am my class's flight commander. And Louisiana's becoming the Southern Hollywood, as most of you've heard, and a local film center recruited twenty gifted students from our parish to take a free film class one day a week... and I've been selected. So I get to make my own 2-3 minute film! And last, but certainly not least, I got one of the leading parts in our school play. We're performing "Arsenic and Old Lace" and these two little sweet old ladies kill little old men by giving them poisoned wine, and I'm one of the little old ladies!!!

So lately we've had our ups and downs, but it looks like things are headed up right now. I've also got military ball coming up, and I'm so proud that I found a formal for $5.00! And it's gorgeous! YAY me for bargain shopping!

masquerading rose
03-01-2008, 02:14 PM
Guess what, folks? I'M BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!! And I missed every single one of y'all (yes, even those of you I don't talk to). If you care or would like to knoe, sergury went great and was painless, but the current recovery.... not so much. So I give everyone hugs, kisses, cookies and a sharpie marker to sign my splint and now, I must skip off to take strong pain meds that knock me out.

Jamie,
Awwww.... you poor mama. I hope she feels better soon. I will definatley pray for her. I really hope she gets better. It must be terrible that she had sergury, and then a car wrek. The poor woman. But I'm glad is fine and her recovery is going well!

Erik
03-05-2008, 11:14 PM
Sam went to the dentist today.
Sam got a lot of drugs (the legal limit, actually).
Sam continued to slip on ice, miss the whole day of school, and raid her house for soft foods because...
Sam's face/teeth/gums effing hurt.

It was only a few fillings, but she had a few fillings done yesterday too and is still sore from those and... and... *whines* She's going to work now.

*pitiful look* Love meeeee....

*huggles to Chrissy and Jamie's mom*

[/pain!rant!]

Raoul de Chagny
03-06-2008, 03:35 AM
Poor Sam. *huggles* I love you!

The Dentist just take all my money, that's what I always complain about. My last visit I had my teeth cleaned & check up, the usual. Then they took xrays for my teeth and say I need to get my wisdom teeth taken out this year, all 4 of them. Ouch!

Hollie has come home early from work today.
Cause she doesn't feel well.
So she has too has taken some drugs (Just Nurofen!)
And now is lurking around here for the Anniversary Gala.
Or maybe she will go play Age of Mythology...
When she should be getting some rest.
But her boyfriend promised to take her to the movies tonight. YAY!

THeFaCeiNTHeMaSK
03-09-2008, 11:57 PM
*Accepts all the Huggles for Mama*

Well, she's got to have another surgery tomorrow, but it's just to fix the problems the wreck caused. She should feel a heck of a lot better afterwards.

Chrissy! I didn't know you were having surgery. I hope you feel better!

Sam, I hope your teeth feel better... on the plus side, you got DRUGS! As Wesley says "Drugs, no hugs..." You gotta love him. *Pinches Cheek*

Ooooh, Hollie had a date! Did you have fun? See anything good?

I've got to write an essay for English. On the plus side, it's a comparison contrast essay and I'm comparing the Phantom book cover with the movie cover. So I've got to get finished with that. Blech... I hate this class.

Night feather
03-10-2008, 12:05 AM
Oh I am super exited!

I'm having mid term tests this upcoming week, which is going to be a real treat as they won't have any effect what so ever on my finals this summer, and I have two days of as well..

Plus, I'm going to South Africa in one week, I can hardly wait, it is going to be sooooo good!

Opera Ghost
03-10-2008, 09:27 AM
*hugs everyone* [/spammityspam]

Em is grouchy
There was a huge storm last night so Em had a crap night's sleep and she was already exhausted anyway
She also has to go to school today, meh
When is she never not grouchy? oO

Erik
03-10-2008, 05:03 PM
Sam makes Em ungrouchy when she talks to her ^__^
Sam doesn't want to go to school either.
She was on the phone until way too late.
She has to work after school.... again. Three nights in a row.
But that's okay because she needs a lot of money because...
Sam goes to New York in 17 days!
She's going to miss Jon while she's gone though, because they haven't gone more than a day without talking since, I believe, god was a toddler.

Omg jealous of Lizzie. That so cool Liz! :D

Night feather
03-10-2008, 07:47 PM
*Huggles Sam and Em*

School sucks, yeah, there I've said it. School S-U-C-K-S!

Is feeling a bit bleugh because of my hepatitis and tetanus vaccines.
Can't pull herself together to do home work due to before mentioned bleugh feeling.
Is hating english grammar
Is jealous of Sam, New f**king York, I want to go there too.

IamErik771
03-11-2008, 03:04 AM
I've been quite well lately... well, except for the fact that I got a mild case of food poisoning after dinner last night. Ack. I'm feeling much better today, though. So yes, I shall also do the list thingamabob.

Is stressing over the 3 (!) papers due this week.
Will be going to Japanese History class in about half an hour.
Is also jealous of Samness.
Lahves ye all!
Wants all of you to submit questions for the Phan Interview. (http://www.phantoms-opera.com/showthread.php?t=2771)

angelofthenight
03-11-2008, 03:42 AM
Well I have a busy week.

Has homework in almost every class
Only two weeks left in the quarter though :D
Has a speech contest on Thursday and then one on Saturday ($1000 to the winner which hopefully will be me)
Spring Break in three weeks (that's when the serious role play drama will go down yay for all involved :D)
Has to sing in church on Sunday (told four weeks ago and still not ready)

and that pretty much sums up my life for the next month.

Opera Ghost
03-11-2008, 09:17 AM
Sam, be proud, you've started a cult of list-posting :p [/spam spam spam spam spam]

Why do I get so many friggin headaches at the moment? Grrr :mad: (Em is still grouchy. No change)

masquerading rose
03-18-2008, 08:15 AM
Here is my list thingamabob. Gosh, I love these things.

Has officially no room on her cast except for a few spots for her boyfriend to sign.
Chrissy SHOULD go to bed soon because she is going to see PHANTOM tomarrow! Oh yeah! I feel like an officail phan now!
Chrissy should be preparing questions to ask the cast when she meets the cast of PHANTOM in about 48 hours.
Chrissy needs to practice not getting nervous when she asks for the actors' e-mail addresses (I'm doing it for you, James)!
Chrissy is pissed off at photoshop because it hates her because of how many banners she made today.

Adn now, I am off to bed because I am exhausted. Buon Nottale, mi amicis! Ciao!

Erik
03-18-2008, 08:57 AM
Sam is tired.
Because Sam hasn't been sleeping lately well...
And tomorrow will be a long day :( School earlier than usual, then work right after school.
But! Colbert is on :) <3 And Sam works in a coffee shop, so... XD s'all good.
Sam's parents left for Newfoundland this evening.
Sam wants to go too.
But Sam is going to be in NY in NINE DAYS (give or take a few hours)!!!!!!
And she gets to see KT in TEN DAYS!!!!!! (Which, considering the changes of staff going on this trip, Sam is more excited about than the trip itself)

Mrs Nadir Khan
03-18-2008, 04:50 PM
Cassie is awake
Because she wants to RP
But Cassie is all caught up
So she is thinking of other things to do
She should make a list of questions to ask the POTO cast tonight at the theater
But it's like asking God silly questions

(Gah! List formatting!!)

ChristineJ16
03-19-2008, 07:34 AM
Why do I get so many friggin headaches at the moment? Grrr :mad: (Em is still grouchy. No change)

I can sympathize about the headaches. Are they regular headaches or migraines? I suffer horribly with migraines. Been that way since I was about 12, it's definitely hormonal, started when that lovely time of the month started. I've gone to the doctor about it and they had me try this stuff called Maxalt. It helps a little bit. The way it works is once you start to feel the slightest twinge of a migraine you take a tablet and let it dissolve on your tongue. Even with my insurance it's slightly pricey. I've been told I should look into seeing a chiropractor. Supposedly if you're not aligned right it could be causing the migraines. I dunno, I just can't stand the pain when it comes on. :(

IamErik771
03-19-2008, 07:40 AM
The Master's left foot is sore, because he managed to stub all the toes on it one by one while entering and exiting various doors.
The Master is wanting to get the WPO rolling again, with help from his other officers.
The Master will be off to Japan a little over two weeks from today.
The Master should be writing a paper, but has trouble summoning up the willpower.
The Master has begun a new screenplay. More on that later.
The Master, as you can probably tell by now, enjoys referring to himself in the third person. :D

Katzenklavier
03-20-2008, 04:10 AM
I HAVE TICKETS TO SEE OBAMA ON FRIDAY!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOO!!!

God, I feel like a teenybopper going to a rock concert. But it's kind of the same thing, I guess. Will anyone there take me seriously if I wear a little Obama shirt and cap and tattoo his face to my forehead and/or butt? I always told myself that if I ever met him, I'd be so bloody eloquent that he'd sign me onto his cabinet. But now that the slightest ghost of a chance has arrived, I can only be like, "DA-HURRRRR!"

IamErik771
03-20-2008, 07:01 AM
Ooh, that is sweet! I got to meet his sister at a rally the weekend before Hawaii's caucuses, and she's quite awesome. Here's hoping you'll get to go and meet Sen. Obama in person!

Meanwhile, I'm feeling better -- my foot is no longer aching, although the nail of my big toe sometimes starts bleeding for no reason. Ick... But aside from that, I've found out some verrah, verrah good news about the nearly 4-month trip I'll be taking to Japan two weeks from tomorrow. And that's all I'll say about that for now. ;)

THeFaCeiNTHeMaSK
03-21-2008, 06:20 PM
Oooh, I hope the Master has fun in Japan!

Jamie may have the oppurtunity to go to New York! The drama club is planning to go sometime next year, so this would be my senior trip if I go. It's not official though. I'll have a job over the summer and I should make about $1,500 or something like that. Hopefully that'll be enough to pay for the trip, if I get to go. I'm just hoping I'll get to go, New York's one of the places I;m hoping to see before I die!

masquerading rose
03-21-2008, 06:56 PM
Oooooo.....

Have fun, James! I went to Japan... sorta... Actually, I was going to Korea, but our flight stopped in Japan. The airport was crowed is pretty much all I remember. I was hungry too, and over tired... but that's all I know. ;)

Oooo, New York? Awesome Possum! I wanna go! TAKE ME WITH YOU, Jamie!!!!! New York is Amazing. I'm going to go to college there, and my boyfrined are moving there after college. But my best friend doesn't want to go with me *pouts* she says New York is a dirty city (in more ways than one). Poor Emily is missing out on a lot....

AnyRaouls, my boyfriend is coming down TOMARROW and we might be going out to eat, but time will tell.
Aaaaand I'm FINALLY getting my cast off. Next week, Chrissy is getting her cast off! I repeat: Chrissy is getting her itchy, sweaty, uncomfortable cast off! The torture is over!

Erik
03-21-2008, 07:15 PM
Aw Jamie, hopefully you get to go to NY :) My trip cost $1, 875... bleh. My mom and I struck a deal that I would pay half and I would provide my own spending money, and I did that until there was about $700 left to pay. That was around Christmas and mom said she'd pay the rest as one of my gifts. But still, paying by yourself is a HUGE chunk of change, so you might want to talk it over with your parents and see what kind of deals they're willing to make with you. ;)

My trip is only six more days away... well, technically it feels like I should only be saying five days away. Because our flight leaves at 6:30 a.m. on Thursday morning, but we have to be there for 4-4:30. So it's almost like we're getting to the airport on Wednesday, because god knows I'm not sleeping Wednesday night, and I don't count a new day until the sun comes up, or I'm waking up. :p

But in any case... I meet KT Mae in one week ^_^. I'm going to take 49762046 pictures. It's going to be fantastic. And speaking of photos... looka my fireworks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d75/sambaxter/fireworks6.jpg) I took that picture on New Years. Hee hee. I love fireworks. My birthday is the 4th of July and my mom's American, so we always lit of fireworks on my birthday. ^___^

Opera Ghost
03-22-2008, 12:56 PM
Have fun in NY, my dear Samness! I love holidays. I'm off to sunny Italia in 2 weeks, and I can't wait. Expect to find me returning with at least 1000 photos... :D I reeeally want to go on the sports tour to Malaysia next year with school but we can't afford it, it costs thousands :(

OOOOOoooh pretty fireworks! I didn't get any firework shots this year, i was out around Bonfire Night :(

ahahahahaahahahah *laughs hysterically* One of my mates has just posted a whole loads of photos on Facebook from our last hockey match of the season, there are quite a few embarrassing ones of me but there's a hilarious pile-on shot from when the team decided to throw themselves on top of me (and I am, by the way, the smallest person on the team..)

xXphantomaddictedXx
03-22-2008, 11:58 PM
Hi, what's going on?

masquerading rose
04-04-2008, 04:13 AM
I'm off to sunny Italia in 2 weeks...
Italia? Ah! T'amo, Em!!!! Tu siete stupafacente! I love Italy!!! I hope you have the best time ever there!!!!!!! I wanna see pictures, Em! Where exactly in sole Italia are you going? And why can'y uo take me with you? Per favore, caro?

The Phantom
05-23-2008, 07:00 AM
Poke poke poke? Poke poke poke?

How is everyone doing? It's been a busy year for me... :)

So I decided to poke my head in and see how things were going.

masquerading rose
05-23-2008, 10:57 PM
STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

We've all missed you so so so so so so so so much!!!!!

Welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *squeefest*

I'm sorry it's been a busy year for you. We've all missed you like crazy, man!

The Countess
05-26-2008, 06:56 PM
Ack, I've returned from my so-called 'vacation' yesterday I feel so discombobulated! What'd I miss?

Other than my OCD discomfort. I'm peachy-keen today (even though I have school tomorrow :P ) How is everybody?

Isabella Delancy
05-26-2008, 07:04 PM
Nice of you to pop in, Steve.

I'm auditioning for Blood Brothers on Thursday and REALLY want to get a part but there are only like 3 big female roles, 2 of which are for married women which I'm too young to really play. Which means I'm going after 'Linda' which is likely to be a much sought after part and I doubt I'll get. *sigh*

Erik
05-31-2008, 08:01 AM
Awww Nadya I'm sure you'll get it because you're fantastic. *nodnod*

Et bonjour tout le monde. I graduated yesterday :) Well, technically I still have another month of school/exams left, but I had my commencements yesterday so I got to walk the stage and all that jazz, it was good times. The principal shook my hand and flipped my tassle and I got a fake diploma and school keychain. And I wouldn't take my cap off lol. We were in the cab and mom was like "uhh.... you can take the hat off now," and I was like "*grin* Nope!"

And then today was a very huge banquet for the graduates, and prom is happening right now but I didn't attend that. The dinner was fabulous, it was really good food and my table was just me and all my family and we took a billion pictures (that will be posted soon, I swear). What a crazy day. I showed up for my hair appointment only to find that they didn't have my appointment in their system. So then they're trying to find me a stylist, but the one who did my consult wasn't there, and didn't show up until an hour later. And longer and it would have cut it way too close to being late. >_< But! She showed up and did my hair, which was fabulous, and I got there on time. I fear internal bleeding though, for the bobby pins that were holding my incredibly thick hair up, and told my dad I'd need pliers to get them all out...

And so my family all got into a taxi (all limos were sold out, and I didn't even know they tried to get one. The effort makes me feel loved) and promptly became paparazzi. They were just snapping away, and they all got the same pictures but they all had their own cameras. It was so funny, I grabbed Mr. Bartsch (as many of you may be aware is the teacher I will basically love forever) to meet my family and get a picture with him, and forgot to warn him that my family would not take our picture with one camera, but with at least six. :p He was like *blinks* when they all whipped out cameras, and was impressed at the snap happy attitude of my family. lol. I love him.

So now my grad stuffs is over, and the next thing I have to attend is an awards ceremony because it turns out that I got honours! I was so surprised! June 3rd I get to go to the annual ceremony and get some sort of certificate, I'm really glad about it because it just picked up my grad attitude when I got to walk across the stage hearing my name called and they also announced that I had achieved honours. Which I thought was cool, considering earlier yesterday my dad had not so subtley mentioned that I didn't deserve the award, but they announced it when I crossed the stage in my cap and gown and that's good enough for me!

I've got a tonne of pictures, I just have to find my camera cord.......... My dad an mom will no doubt be uploading their pictures sometime this weekend too, and I can show you the ones they took. My dad got some really awesome ones. Though those of you who've added me on Facebook are sure to see way too many pictures of me before too long. And tomorrow! TOMORROW! I get to go pick out my grad present! And it's a laptop! :D A brand new shiny laptop all for meeeee! I hate this stupid PC, I'm so excited!

*spins in circles* I've got to watch Thursday's Colbert Report online (missed it in commencements *sigh*) then I'm headed to shower out the pounds of hairspray before hitting the hay so that I can assault my parents bright and early to get my laptop. :D

IamErik771
05-31-2008, 08:55 AM
Awesome! Congrats, Samness! *glomps* And W00t for graduating with honours -- your Faja is quite proud of ye. ^_^

Not a lot is new with me . . . Japan is still awesome, and I've got a couple papers that are due to be e-mailed back to my teachers in Hawaii by midnight. So I should probably get offline and do them. XD

Opera Ghost
05-31-2008, 05:52 PM
Samness, you know you love my English dumbness?? Well, I have a teensy little question. Uhmm... what exactly is graduating? 'cause it all must be mighty different where you are, 'cause as far as I can tell you're 17 so that means you're in Y13 (last year of school), so is it like, leaving school? 'cause we don't have anything like this year - you do your A-S levels in y12, your A levels in Y13, then you just leave. All this fancy stuff sounds kinda scary and big to me!

Erik
06-01-2008, 12:01 AM
Yessums! Em! In Canada high school is grades 10-12, and then at the end of grade twelve you're done and you go on to post secondary or travel or something, whatever you want to do. So it was me leaving school until college. ^___^ It's really simple.

Thanks James! <3

Opera Ghost
06-01-2008, 12:06 PM
College is sixth form for us (presumably your high school.. oh my head hurts). But the main confusing thing is it seems to be a HUGE deal over the pond, what with the gowns and hats and limos and stages and stuff.. that's what confuzzles poor little Em, who is somewhat scared by the idea :D

Daroga
06-01-2008, 04:27 PM
I'm not 100% sure how graduation goes for our northern neighbors but in the states it just a bit of ceremony to mark the end of school. Granted alot of people can go beyond that to college but then we have graduation for that too. But graduation isn't really scary and like a lot of things it can be blown out of proportion.

Kentucky isn't exactly known for being the height of cultural sophistication. My college graduation I chose not to walk to because I've seen cattle auctions more refined. I went to the ceremony a few times in my four years to see friends walk. People were bouncing beach balls through the audience, embarrassing cat calls from the parents, acting like untrained monkeys basically.

Now on the flip side, my high school likes to think we are far more superior than we actually were. We were not given our diploma during the actual ceremony. If we act up at all we were told that we would have to go before the school board later and plead a case to get it.

It's completely unnecessary really. But sometimes the ceremony is nice. In two years, if and when I finish my masters, I will go to that graduation ceremony. Just because it will make me feel good to mark the accomplishment. Here's to assuming I actually accomplish anything....

angelofthenight
06-01-2008, 09:41 PM
So I went to high school graduation Friday night. Mind you I wasn't graduating (still have three years left) but I had a bunch of friends who were and it was a very crazy affair. I have to admit that the hightlight of it all was trying to get the hat on one of my friends who had an afro, it took five of us to do it. (two to flatten his hair so we could put the hat on his head, one to hold the hat on, and two more to shove his hair in the hat to keep it one.) There was a lot of hugging and tears afterwards and a lot of reminiscing. I have to admit I'll miss all of them but life goes on and next year we have freshmen to replace the seniors.

Opera Ghost
06-11-2008, 10:01 PM
Well, hello there! *pokes head into dusty thread*

Just realised that I probably never let people know that I was disappearing off to do heaploads of exams and so I wouldn't be around here that often. Well, exams are over in a week (next Wednesday) so after that I have... okay, wait for it.... and 11 WEEK SUMMER HOLIDAY in which i have no revision, homework, etc. Wow. IN shock.

Anyways, thought I'd poke my head and have a chat, I miss you guys!

masquerading rose
06-13-2008, 09:52 PM
EEEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMMM!!!!!! HOW WAS ITALY? Lo amavate? Era favoloso? Come era? Did you even understand that? lol.

Iiiiiiii am learning trumpet. Whoots. I'm only fair at it. Not wonderful, but not suckish. Yay!

So how is everybody else?

phantom's_rose
06-14-2008, 10:54 PM
Yay Chrissy! Trumpet! I don't play trumpet, but I like them cause they are shiny. XD I tried trumpet...that was interesting...

Iiii am good!!! How is everyone else after this post?

Star18
06-15-2008, 04:42 AM
Jessica's been feeling a little lethargic and restless lately; could be due to the rain we've been getting so much of here- normally I'm in love with the rain, but these days, I want it to stop. Like now. I'm tired of worrying if I'm going to lose power in my apartment because of the stupid storms.

As for feeling bored, I don't know why I do. I go to my job everyday- which is a sight better than my previous one at my dorm cafeteria. I've been doing a few posts here and there, but mostly I've been doing pointless Photoshop graphics like crazy. Ones that don't have anything to do with RPing. But that can be relaxing at times. And, I'm frustrated cause my muse for my fanfic is getting stale. Very annoying.

Good for Chrissy in learning the trumpet-Jessica doesn't play anything, cause she's just lame like that and never learned. Kudos to you, doll! And ah yes, high school graduations- it almost seems like yesterday when I was at mine, and not a year ago. Everyone was so emotional at it, except for me and my sis. I couldn't understand why everyone was crying, when no one really liked each other throughout all those four years. I just....didn't get it. Our graduating class was a third of what we started out with, I think. We had a very high caliber of education and motivation at my high school *note sarcasm* Jessica's much happier at college- she had a blast her first year...

phantom's_rose
06-15-2008, 07:40 PM
Oh, I know how you feel! We've gotten a storm every night for the past....oh, 8 days. I usually love the rain too. But now that the floods have started, Saylorville Dam overflowed, large parts of Des Moines have been evacuated, along with many other cites, I don't love it so much. And there isn't very places where I can go four-wheeling. Ah! Not fair!

WanderingChild<3
06-15-2008, 11:53 PM
Oooo I love thunderstorms! I was in NYC when it happened, and we were like on the top floor of the hotel, and it looked so cool. If you look down, the rain looked like sheets, and the lightning was like, ZIP. Yep, lightening does..that...

But anyways. Hi :)

phantom's_rose
06-16-2008, 03:54 PM
Hi there! How are you Erica? HEY ERICA IS MY STAGE NAME!!!! Cool. COOLIO DUDETTE!!

Does anyone here hate sea food besides me? "Lobastah" got me thinking of that.

WanderingChild<3
06-16-2008, 04:27 PM
Hahah! AWESOME. Erica is a pretty sweet name. :) You have a stagename too? Me tooooo. And I absolutely despise seafood, EXCEPT shrimp. And occsionally fish & chips. But besides that..can't stand it. Haha. I'm always scared of getting sick. And it's always wierd when they serve you food that still has eyes. Haha

The Countess
06-18-2008, 11:21 PM
Ack! 'Tis raining in Philly! I'm a little late to discuss that topic with anyone though.

How are ya'll today though, besides the fact that mpst of us are stressing about America's crappy economy? *rolls eyes* I swear to god, I feel like my family's going broke. We even cancelled my trip to NY to see Phantom and I haven't even gotten my Christmas present yet. :( I feel so selfish for worrying in this way though.

Opera Ghost
06-19-2008, 06:56 PM
EEEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMMM!!!!!! HOW WAS ITALY? Lo amavate? Era favoloso? Come era? Did you even understand that? lol.

Iiiiiiii am learning trumpet. Whoots. I'm only fair at it. Not wonderful, but not suckish. Yay!

So how is everybody else?

I'm guessing: "Did you love it? Was it fabulous? What happened?" ?? oO

Yes, Italy trip was awesome. So many amazing memories - and photos - from that week. And the weather was awesome apart from one morning, so all was good.

Good for you! Keep at it :)

My GCSEs are over, and school is over for me... ah, freedom. :D

masquerading rose
06-23-2008, 06:25 AM
You guessed correctly!

Where did you go in Italy? I have so many questioneri to ask you if you don't mind...

OMG! I'm going to see Andrea Bocelli Live in row K in November. To be exact, November 26 at 7 pm downtown about 25 minutes from where I live.

And rehearsals are going fabulously even if they keep shoving knew stuff into my head I keep filling in for people and little kids think I'm a jungle gym, but I love it! It's great.

And I'm sad. Summer's midway over.

Opera Ghost
06-23-2008, 05:28 PM
Wow, those seriusly were guesses. I stayed in Sorrento for a week and we went many places - Ercolano, Pompeii, Cumae, Solfatara, Pozzuoli, Capri, Pollio's Villa, und so weiter. It was great fun!

How is everyone else?? x

phantom's_rose
06-27-2008, 11:26 PM
I would be loverly! Exicted for Flordia...I need to get out of my hic town. I still love my hic town though! Actually I don't exactly live in a town. My address is just the closest post office...which is about 10 miles away.

I was about to go to Italy! But things came up. Was it all that it was cracked up to be or even greater than that, Em?

Coolio Chrissy! Andrea is amazing! He should come to my state. That would be amazing! I am glad your lessons are going good. And your acomplishment of being a junge gym...I AM SO JEALOUS! LOL

But how are YOU peoples? Ah. Another over-used question....

The Countess
07-28-2008, 03:57 AM
I'm fine I suppose considering the worst that could happen.

I'm creating my Leroux/Lon forum (that will never replace/corupt this one) and it is so hard! I keep trying to think up names for the forums without stealing them from other sites. I literally have the book out in front of me for referance. Grrrr sorry needed to rant a bit.

masquerading rose
07-29-2008, 09:48 PM
Oooo! How fun, Viktoria! I love making and helping out on forums. Its so much fun!

As for me, I burned my finger since I am the most accident prone person you will ever meet. I was making pancakes, yes, pancakes and I some how managed to burn my finger on the COATED handel. I'm not how I did it seeing as we have the kind of handles that keep you from buring yourself, but now I have a second degree burn the size of Atlanta on my right index finger.

But other than that, I am doing wonderfully, despite the fact schoolis starting once more next moth... And hows about everybody else?

phantom's_rose
08-16-2008, 09:28 PM
I am good. Not brilliant, but good. Wow, Flordia was a loong time ago. My hic...farm (hey, you could fita hic town in my farm....soo....) is happy too. The goats (especially the kids) will NOT let me sleep at night, even when I do close my window. The cows are being angels, as usual, and the horses never make any noise. They don't hang out around the house anyway.

My school starts....MONDAY! WHOOT!

Oo! A forum! (yes, the word makes me jump) You will need to tell me when it's done. I shall raid it. Mwahahaha!! AHEM.

I burn my self on those stupid handles too. "Buy OUR handle! It's bound to keep YOUR hand SAFE FROM BURN!" Ha. That makes me laugh.

Everyone else...how are you guys?

tiannangel
08-18-2008, 09:57 AM
Woah Em, calm down :D:D
Yeah, school is awesome, but not when your teachers feel especially mean and gives you about ten assignments the first day back....
T.T
And can you even get assignments for MATHS??!?!?!??!?!
Because I did...O_O
So weird....

Wow, lucky girl...You have animals!!
*cries*
All I have are goldfish and Lorikeets...

The Countess
08-27-2008, 02:43 AM
Meh, school starts next Tuesday for Viktoria. She's not happy about that. Personally, I despise school :(

On a brighter note, I got my hair cut. Well, I got bangs at least. I might post some pics later but you know me.

phantom's_rose
08-27-2008, 03:48 AM
Oh, Viki, do post picies. I love picies. LOL.

*calming* I am not jumpy jumpy anymore. We are on our second week of school. And yes Tian my dear. We have had a huge math assignment starting the very first day. That rocks!

*huggles Tian* There there, Tian. You have a Lorikeet. I don't even know what that is. That is impressive. Cows and goats are pains in the butt. Horses. I don't even have much of anything to do with them sadly. :(

tiannangel
08-29-2008, 02:46 PM
Aww...thanks Emmy....
But cows and goats are COOL. Maybe it's just me, but I want a cow :D
And horses just rock...but I guess of you cant do anything with them, then it does kinda not rock anymore....

A lorikeet is a relly bright coloured Parrot-y thing. Bird in other words....they only live in Aus. Heres a pic of one:
Lorikeet (http://www.myfourthirds.com/files/0663/4c150685-lorikeet.jpg)

Oh god...I didn't even think maths assignments were POSSIBLE...But I guess I am proven wrong AGAIN by the education system...how gay.....

NUU...My prelims for COMPUTING ARE ON THIS WEDNESDAY!!!!!
*BASHES HEAD*
I want to die..........T_________T

The Countess
09-30-2008, 02:56 AM
Mwhahahahaha! I changed my avie for the first time in months. Now none can have this one either. It's ALL mine! *insert second evil laughter*

*sigh* Oh my, i'm afraid I have no life. Well, i must be finishing up my list of IOUs for RPing. Ta-ta everyone.

Raoul de Chagny
10-06-2008, 01:38 PM
Gosh, it's getting warmer here. And when summer comes, so do the bugs (ewww!). *hates all bugs* I'm already being eaten alive by the mozzies, they're attacking my feet which drives me insane.

Then I saw the first daddy long legs of the season crawling on the bathroom floor this morning. I hate summer, the bathroom is going to be overrun with spiders *eek*. I need to buy some bug spray.

Does anyone watch How I met your mother? It is an awesome show. *is currently obsessed*

The Countess
10-10-2008, 03:57 AM
I've watched a couple episodes, but not enough to really get the plot. I should watch TV more...

I've pretty much made it offical to myself that I'm chopping off my hair tomorrow. Well, not all of it but it'll definitly be a change. I've been growning my hair out for 3 years (it's about past shoulder legneth now) so I'm anxious to see what it'll look like. Wish me luck! *is nervous*

Erik
10-17-2008, 04:52 AM
I love love love love How I Met Your Mother, but I haven't had time to watch TV as of late. Did you know you can buy Robin Sparkles videos on iTunes? Buahahaha....

I wrote my first mid-term today.... and I got a 90%! :D This is a huge deal for me because in high school my grades in everything but English Language Arts pretty much, um, sucked. And I can't remember getting a 90% on anything important in a long long time, and this was a mid-term, and I am so proud of myself!

Here is what I learned today:

If you dress nice six days in a row, the one day you wear comfy clothes will be the day there is an important meeting you forgot about.
The second you give up, you'll find the answer.
It really is ALWAYS in the last place you look.
You know you have a best friend when no one has a sweet clue what you two are saying to one another. (P.S., Jon: I wike jellwo.)
Sleep is ever elusive. Enjoy it while you can, high school students!!!
I don't care if you're 6'5" and weigh 300 pounds, the second my kitten grabs your hand so that she can lick it with affection you will be putty. (this is nothing new to me, but demands reinforcing :p)
Plan A rarely works.
If you embarass yourself in front of a teacher, don't worry, they've seen worse. Yes, they have. Really.

Hee hee. *scurries off to watch CSI* Stupid CSI, I cried like six times (seriously) in the season premier last week. Warriiiiiick.... <333

Raoul de Chagny
10-20-2008, 05:50 AM
I got a new laptop today! *does a happy dance* It's awesome, I don't own it, I'm renting so in a year I can get a new one if I want. Since computers are always getting bigger and better. My old one I've had for only 2yrs and it had 500MB RAM and 34GB HDD. So it's ancient.
New one has 4GB RAM and 400GB HDD - so I've been stocking up on music and pictures and I can fit all the expansion packs for the Sims 2 on it and it doesn't freeze the computer, yay!!

tiannangel
10-21-2008, 09:34 AM
Turn of Spring is always radical...
I swear, the temperature over here in Sydney changes every god damned day!
Today was 18 degrees, whereas yesterday was 27 degrees!!
Nearly ten degrees difference...T.T

God, and the flies. I. Hate. Flies.

School is going berserk....Dying from overload of assignments....
I'm trying to imagine what it'll be like for me in year 12. Geez. Teachers being overly mean and ganging up on us poor students.

Opera Ghost
10-21-2008, 11:36 AM
School is going berserk....Dying from overload of assignments....
I'm trying to imagine what it'll be like for me in year 12. Geez. Teachers being overly mean and ganging up on us poor students.

Um well, not meaning to scare you but.. it gets worse! I did 11 subjects for GCSE and struggled to finish work; I'm only doing 4 now but it feels like I have more than I did at GCSE! It's a big step up but you get used to it eventually :)

How is everyone?

Raoul de Chagny
10-21-2008, 02:55 PM
Um well, not meaning to scare you but.. it gets worse! I did 11 subjects for GCSE and struggled to finish work; I'm only doing 4 now but it feels like I have more than I did at GCSE! It's a big step up but you get used to it eventually :)

From what I've heard you Brits have it a lot worse than us Aussies with all your complicated and many subjects. :p

I found year 12 the same as Year 11. However from my personal experience the subjects did get harder because my English teacher who gave me mostly Bs throughout my high school years suddenly turned against me in year 12 and failed me in everything and I had no idea what I was doing wrong. Turned out she had a personal vendetta against my whole family because her daughter bullied my sister. I had to change to a different English class with a different teacher to pass. That unfortunately happens when you live in a small country town just out of Adelaide. Evil! I had to complete year 12 in 2 years to pass everything, then I told them all to stuff it when I got into Uni and the course I took didn't require my school grades as a prerequisite. Ha!

Tian - The weather has been crazy down here in Melbourne too, though the rain is usually our typical weather. Last Saturday it got really hot after a week of nice weather, my housemate got sunburnt. lol. Then I decided to do laundry on Sunday and it rained all day....evil.

Erik
10-22-2008, 12:04 AM
Ugh, I'm dying with homework too :( I started college this year and I had no idea the assignments were going to be this many this close together, and they're a total constant, I never have a break. And they don't lessen the workload for mid terms, either, which I currently happen to be right in the middle of. :/ But I'm doing well so far (*knock on wood*) so we'll see how this goes.

:p

Hollie! Yay for new laptop! Your happiness makes me happy! I never really found an appeal in the Sims though... *headscratch*

Have y'all seen the rap Amy Poehler (I cannot spell her name) did for Palin last Saturday? T'was quite the laugh fest. I'm being Palin for Halloween (because what's scarier?) bahahaha. I'm trying to find a red suit, but if I don't I have the plain one my mom bought me in September. And I have to go get my hair cut anyway, and I was thinking of getting bangs anyway. I repeat: bahahaha. I can definitely do the makeup, and I've been practicing my Maverick talk. Today was International Talk Like Sarah Palin Day (so Facebook says), and my friends and I mock her speech all the time, so I'm practicing.

I just think that's really funny, hee hee.

Luciana
11-30-2008, 01:22 AM
Hi all! Mostly, I'm just looking to catch up with everyone! It's been so long since I've been on, I've lost touch with most of you, and some of you I don't even know because you're newer than my absence. So, what has everyone been doing with their lives lately?

My life's been a total mess, so I'm really glad to be back. TPO's my support system, hehe.

masquerading rose
11-30-2008, 03:16 AM
OMG! It's C!Christine. I don't know if you remember me, but its good to h ave you back!

Erik
12-04-2008, 07:04 PM
OHMYGODLADY. FIRST TEXT MESSAGES NOW YOU LOG ON. I MISSED YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi! <3

Sorry I've been gone for so long, and it might be longer - finals are just starting now. *sadface*

Hey C!Christine, sign on AIM soon so we can catch up!

EAAB
12-11-2008, 12:11 AM
Hi everyone!
My first time poking around this thread, and after FINALLY getting to the end, I am going to ask probably the most stupidest question ever--what the heck does 'Lobstah!' mean? :) *scratches head in idiotic fashion*

Anyway, it's nice to get yo know you guys through these posts!

Congrats on all the graduations, new laptops, and good luck withallyour upcoming work and projects! :)

IamErik771
12-25-2008, 06:07 PM
Just posting to wish all my lahvely TPO-ians a Merry Christmas! Hope you all get to spend some quality time with your loved ones, have some great food, gifts, and fun, and stay out of the cold (or heat, if you live Down Under). :D

The Countess
02-03-2009, 01:57 AM
Um it's been like 2 months since someone has posted...wow.

Anyway I'm back from a long vacation. Things have been very bleh. I'm going to get therapy and I'm copping with the death of my grandad...

Who's life sucks more than mine?

Dark Poison
02-04-2009, 07:14 PM
Hey guys, how have things been here? Things in my life have been hectic.....

As some of you may or may not know....Rachey [Love the Lie] passed on the 29th of January. She had gotten into a car crash on the 15th and was in a coma but was unable to hold on due to a blood clot to the brain.

Raoul de Chagny
02-05-2009, 04:35 AM
Yes I know about Rachey, and it is a very sad thing that has happened. There was a facebook group set up by her sister, Sarah to wish her well, and I like many others were reading the updates on Rachey that her parent's were putting up while she was in hospital. I found her death unexpected because it seemed that she was getting better, but unfortunately she had to leave us early.

Rachey was a great member of TPO and an excellent RPer and will be sorely missed here.

xXphantomaddictedXx
03-07-2009, 04:18 PM
Hi, everyone.

I'm sorry to hear about Rachey, although I did not know her. My condolenses to you, as well as her family. :crying:

Here's what has been happening in my life lately. First of all, I'm no longer in college. It got to be too overwhelming for me, so after doing some soul-searching, I decided to walk away from it for awhile. I might go back in a few semesters or a year, depending. In the meantime, it sounds like I'm going to be volunteering at a senior center two days a week.

Also, on Monday I get my wisdom teeth (all four) pulled, so I'm going to be mostly incapacitated for anywhere from three days to a week.

masquerading rose
03-18-2009, 04:28 PM
oh my gosh. I had no idea about Rachey! She was a great memeber and a really talented RPer. Though I never really talked to her but a few times, I found her quite funny and interesting to talk to ( I read the quote thread and the general discussion board frequently). She will be missed by all. I'm so sorry to hear about it. I will keep her, her family, and her friends in my prayers.

phantom's_rose
04-10-2009, 12:14 AM
Ditto to Chrissy...it's very tragic to hear that! I'll be praying for her kin and friends. :(:(
~
Okay, I totaly just saw my favorite pianist last night. So I was sitting here at my laptop, and my dad's like, "Emmy, George Winston is playing in Des Moines tonight." I gasp loudly, and say I WANNA GOOO! So we look it up on kioa.com, and then we realize that it's only that night, and it started in about 3 hours. And the rest is really long, but I went! It was in a beautiful chappel. I am on Cloud 5 Billion right now.

In the Band part of life, we switched our marching show for next year from Jesus Christ Superstar to something else...I'm not sure what it's called though. But there are a LOT of pit solos, that that happens to be ME...which SUCKS, because they are FREAKING HARD. I'll enjoy it though. I can't WAIT for band camp. 74 hours of bliss and joy!

EAAB
04-16-2009, 11:14 PM
Gosh, I'm so sorry to hear one of board members passed away, I don't think I chatted with Rachey, but my heart goes out to her family. :(

Hey Board Moderators: how about starting a special memorial section in the Phantom's Opera for members who have passed on? A place where we can read a a litle memorial note and see their signature and post condolences, a simple place to remember them? It's just an idea.

xXphantomaddictedXx
04-21-2009, 05:46 PM
Hi everyone!

The volunteer position I mentioned in my last post seems to have fallen through, due to the fact that the woman I interviewed with never called me back. Also, my wisdom-teeth removal went just fine, and I'm no longer in any pain. Furthermore, it's only April, but it's already getting into the 90's where I live. Today it'll be 92 degrees...yikes!

Hope everyone has a nice week!

The Countess
04-22-2009, 04:06 AM
Thanks Sarah :)

So, how has the life of Viktoria been? Quite mild actually. Therapy's going fine and my grades are improving, the two main reason that I haven't been on recently. My 8th grade dinner dance is coming up which as me frazzled, but there's still a good month and a half to go. I also have a voice lesson tomorrow.

How is everyone else?

phantom's_rose
04-26-2009, 05:20 AM
I'm pretty good...just a bit worried about my sick aunt...if, that is, you'd call 'breast cancer' a 'sickness'...she hasn't been doing all that well lately. :(

Yeah, um, nothing else too special going on in my life right now...just school coming to the year's end, and stuff...I suppose the highlight of this week, is that sometime on either Tues, Weds, or Thurs, we'll be getting our marching band music for next year, which is exciting. I'm just not too peppy about it at the moment because it's late, and I'm tired...

Whuddup with yooh people?

xXphantomaddictedXx
04-26-2009, 05:48 AM
Hi everyone... *sigh*

I have not had the greatest day. I've had a crick in my neck all day which refuses to go away, I have a headache, and to top it all off...I have cramps. On the plus side, James (IamErik771) and myself will be celebrating our two-month anniversary on May 4th!

I hope you are all doing better than myself...

A_Single_Rose
04-26-2009, 05:53 AM
Well, technically, it wouldn't be an anniversary since it's only been two months. :p But that's awesome, regardless. Hope you guys have fun!

Ugh. The AP exams are creeping up fast and I'm just barely ready. I should really spend less time on here and more time in my textbooks... but I can't help it. :) Ah, I have no life.

xXphantomaddictedXx
04-26-2009, 05:57 AM
Well, technically, it wouldn't be an anniversary since it's only been two months. :p But that's awesome, regardless. Hope you guys have fun!

We will, and thank you very much for your kind words. If you're curious, I can PM you the details of how he and I got together and everything.

THeFaCeiNTHeMaSK
05-25-2009, 05:02 PM
Hey everybody! Do y'all remember me? I know I've been inactive for waaaaay too long. Anywho, I just graduated saturday and I got my own computer as a grad present, so now I'm able to come back to TPO, which I've been sadly neglecting. Anyway, I missed you all and I hope y'all remember me!
~Jamie~

Luciana
06-01-2009, 06:42 AM
I remember you. Of course, that doesn't mean too much, since I've been completely inactive for about a year now, with maybe one or two weeks of activity spread somewhere in that time. It's sad. I try to get on here as much as possible, but lately my brain's been too dead for much else besides staring at facebook until two in the morning. :^/

I need to be strung up by my toes for leaving the site, though. I miss it a lot, and I even think about it often. I just don't have my own life anymore.

I'm trying to get back into the swing of things again, but I'm staying away from the RPG for the time being. I'm putting myself on probation until I prove to myself I can be reliable about coming on here regularly again.

So what has everyone been up to? (Which is a really dumb question since it's been a year since I've talked to some of you, and some of you I don't even know at this point.)

tiannangel
06-01-2009, 10:40 AM
*highFIVE* for inactivity!! I have just returned from a month's disappearance of TPO.
Ah, don't you hate it when life catches up with you?

Anyway, great to see you two (Luciana and Jamie) back on the site!!
And of course we remember you. XDD

And yes, catching p with stuff on here...how has everyone been so far?
I hope everything's good for you guys!

xXphantomaddictedXx
06-01-2009, 06:04 PM
Life is good, for the most part. Tomorrow I'm probably getting a new MP3 player, but the best thing of all is that it's on sale. Therefore, I can get it now instead of having to save up more cash! It'll be 4GB, which is just fine for now. Also, it'll have picture capabilities, so I'll be putting some photos on there. Hurray for new MP3 players! :spin2:

Luciana
06-02-2009, 05:21 AM
That's sweet. I love sales. Of course, I love other people buying me stuff even more. I've become so cheap since I've gotten a job. It's kinda bad. I even eat less. Because food costs money.

The only big expense I've done since then is a camera for prom, because my mom's in the hospital and couldn't see me, and my old one's been broken for like two years now. I guess it was about time for me to buy a new one then, huh?

What brand of MP3 player are you looking at? And how much is it on sale for? Good deals are hard to find with the MP3 players because the market is so hot. Everyone has one, but they still sell like wildfire, because everyone wants a bigger and better one. As long as they keep spitting them out, people will keep buying them. It's actually a really smart product. But it makes me feel really bad for consumers sometimes. Haha.

xXphantomaddictedXx
06-02-2009, 05:35 AM
What brand of MP3 player are you looking at? And how much is it on sale for? Good deals are hard to find with the MP3 players because the market is so hot. Everyone has one, but they still sell like wildfire, because everyone wants a bigger and better one. As long as they keep spitting them out, people will keep buying them. It's actually a really smart product. But it makes me feel really bad for consumers sometimes. Haha.

The ad we have doesn't say what brand they are. I know because I just looked. Though, I suppose I'll find out when I go buy the player tomorrow morning. I'm really excited to buy a new MP3 player because the one I have right now is only 1GB. As I said before, tomorrow I'm getting a 4GB one. :spin2:

Luciana
06-02-2009, 05:56 AM
It's odd that they don't tell you. You'd think they would tell you so you'd know what to expect. The ad was just like, "MP3 players on sale now! Order here!"? Strange. But at least you're getting a nice big one. I have an eight gig, myself, but it was my Christmas present from four different relatives, so it wasn't exactly a stretch on the wallet. And I never use it, either, haha. Oh well. I just steal my best friend's and listen to all his music. He has an 80 GB and it's full, so I've got plenty to choose from when I use it.

xXphantomaddictedXx
06-02-2009, 06:06 AM
You're right, it is strange, but some stores are like that. Out of curiosity, what kind of music do you like? I may be a POTO phan, but I'm also a big fan of...Green Day. Have you heard of them or even heard some of their songs?

THeFaCeiNTHeMaSK
06-03-2009, 08:25 AM
*highFIVE* for inactivity!! I have just returned from a month's disappearance of TPO.
Ah, don't you hate it when life catches up with you?

Anyway, great to see you two (Luciana and Jamie) back on the site!!
And of course we remember you. XDD

And yes, catching p with stuff on here...how has everyone been so far?
I hope everything's good for you guys!

Life's been hectic, between work and school... but I just graduated and I'm heading off to college in September! I was one of ten validictorians in our graduating class too!

I saw that y'all were talking about the AP exams (of course, that was about a month ago)... what subjects did you test in? I tested in English Lit and in Calculus AB... I could care less about my English score, but my math teacher said that he'd slash my tires if I don't make a five...:goofy:

Luciana
06-03-2009, 09:18 PM
That's not at all intimidating... "PASS OR YOUR CAR GETS IT." But hey, maybe it will end up serving as good inspiration?

I'm almost done with high school. I'm excited. I have like... four days left, and then I'm done. Unless I don't pass this last math class, in which case I only have to do summer school. But either way, I am almost done with the stupid building I see every single day, since summer school is in another building anyway.

I was not one of the validictorians in my school, nor anywhere close. Haha. I'm lucky to be graduating. Oh well.

Sarah-- Yeah, I've heard a few Green Day songs. I'm not wild about them anymore, but I used to be a pretty big fan. Anymore, I mostly listen to pop-ish and alternative, with my favorites being Charlotte Sometimes, 3OH!3, Lily Allen, and Sara Bareilles.

xXphantomaddictedXx
06-03-2009, 09:37 PM
Sarah-- Yeah, I've heard a few Green Day songs. I'm not wild about them anymore, but I used to be a pretty big fan. Anymore, I mostly listen to pop-ish and alternative, with my favorites being Charlotte Sometimes, 3OH!3, Lily Allen, and Sara Bareilles.

@ Luciana: Oh, that's cool. I was just wondering, anyway. I don't just like Green Day - there are some other singers and bands that I like, as well. Good Charlotte, The Clash, Pink, Enya, Beastie Boys, and VengaBoys...to name a few. I've also been wanting to try some music by this band called The Misfits; ever hear of them?

Luciana
06-04-2009, 12:42 AM
Yeah. I went out on a date with a guy who was completely obsessed with them. I never really listened to them, personally, even though he insisted he was going to make me listen. His mind was on a bunch of other things during the date, and I was too busy trying to convince him that that was a bad idea to worry too much about the music he was trying to push on me, if that makes any sense.

I adore Pink, though. Funhouse was the whole reason I got through my last breakup, really, and so I carry a sort of soft spot for her because of it. Mostly, I just turn on Pandora and let that have at it. You find some really good music on there, too. I mean, the fact that you can only skip so many songs kind of annoys me, but I have my station so trained that I rarely have to skip anyway. It takes quite a while to get everything programed properly, but once you do, it becomes really tuned to you.

xXphantomaddictedXx
06-04-2009, 01:36 AM
@ Luciana: :lmao: He was imsisting you would listen to them whether you liked it or not?! What a drip! I hope you've found someone who truly loves you for who you are. I have a significant other, myself; his name is James and he is a member of this site. His username is IamErik771...maybe you know him?

Luciana
06-04-2009, 02:04 AM
Haha, yeah, I know James. I used to be a mod on this site, until life exploded violently in my face and I had no time to breathe, let alone dedicate the time needed. It was unfortunate, because I loved being a mod and everything. It pretty much made my life, actually.

And I was honestly less concerned with the music, to be honest. He was younger than I am, and pretty crazy. I got the weirdest texts from him for the next like... four months after our date. He'd go out with his friends, and send me texts about how I should come find him because he was "lonely". I pretended to be asleep. A lot. As a whole, going out on a date with him was just a bad idea in general. Never rebound after a breakup. I had three rebounds. One was a guy I met in the hospital I was admitted into during my depression, and he had anger issues and then would forget. So he tried to hit me, and then completely forgot it ever happened. The next was "lonely" text boy, and the final was a twenty-seven year old that slipped something in my drink and then ran away when I started crying because he thought I was going to call the cops.

You meet such quality men after a breakup.

Hidden Away
06-04-2009, 02:36 AM
(Since we're one the subject of James) I love the crazy guy! Ha! He's just like my uncle. Well now I consider him my uncle since my real one is just...special in so many ways. Besides I have so much more intelligent conversations with James opposed to my real uncle. He just doesn't understand the female mind...nor does he understand the world of theater...

Back to music! I love Pink for some reason. I actually enjoy symphonic metal...sigh it's amazing!

Guys are....odd nothing more to say. ;) but i love my school brothers...and my real one as well...

xXphantomaddictedXx
06-04-2009, 04:22 AM
(Since we're one the subject of James) I love the crazy guy! Ha! He's just like my uncle. Well now I consider him my uncle since my real one is just...special in so many ways. Besides I have so much more intelligent conversations with James opposed to my real uncle. He just doesn't understand the female mind...nor does he understand the world of theater...

I love James, as well...but in a totally different way (if you know what I mean). ;) He's my angel and I like to think I'm his angel, too. I am so happy that he and I are together and so grateful for each day that I get to spend in this relationship.

Angel...I love you! :2love:

THeFaCeiNTHeMaSK
06-04-2009, 06:34 AM
Tonight was write thank-you-notes night... I'm not even halfway done... I didn't realize how many people sent me graduation money until I started thanking them... Now I just need to figure out what happened to the money, lol!

I think my boyfriend experience trumps a few of y'all's ('cept for maybe the 27 year old)...

Do y'all remember a few years ago when I was dating Josh? The tall blonde guy that I was completely "in love" with? Well, back in November, he came out of the closet... He is the only guy I've said "I love you" to and he's gay... Kinda sucks... Then about a year ago, I started dating a guy named John, whom I'd only met in person twice, it was a completely phone relationship... a few months after we break up (though still close friends) I find out that he's a "reformed" pot dealer...

That about sums up my entire dating history... I've got a great track record, lol!

Luciana
06-04-2009, 06:40 AM
See, I should have regarded my last major relationship that way. I think I would have enjoyed it more, and would have known when to end it better. Instead, I focused too much on the future and convinced myself everything would be right then if it wasn't now. It wasn't the way to handle things. Well, I guess that's the point of first loves, right? To learn from them.

On an entirely other note that has nothing to do with anything we've talked about so far, I just got back from an illegal driving lesson! (That sounds so much worse when it's not in my head.) I'm scared of cars, so I sort of refuse to get a permit, but they're canceling my bus route, and my mom (the only driver in the house) hasn't been able to drive for about six months now, and has been in the hospital for two. Since they're looking at putting her in rehab for more than six months, I realized it was time to learn. I started off in a parking lot, and then he took me down to this pretty-abandoned road by a park. Unfortunately, he let me navigate, so with my stellar directional skills, we ended up at a really major intersection. But I didn't crash, and passed a cop without him noticing anything. My friend who's teaching me to drive gave me a B for my first real attempt (not counting when I was four, or when my mom had me do this turn on a cliff that was scary and I nearly killed us both, or the first time he took me out in a parking lot that lasted like five minutes.) So I'm really, really proud of myself right now. Shaking a little, because I'm really, really scared of cars, but proud all the same.

THeFaCeiNTHeMaSK
06-04-2009, 06:53 AM
I know how scary they are, it took me forever to actually drive somewhere that's not a dirt road... The worst, though, was driver's ed... I'm used to driving trucks that are off the ground, but I had to drive an itty bitty impala on the interstate in driver's ed... and I was by a few 18-wheelers... worst experience of my life!

But my second time on interstate was much better... I wasn't afraid that in five seconds I would die, so it was all good!

Luciana
06-05-2009, 05:44 PM
Sorry it took me so long to reply, guys. I had 34 tests to do yesterday online and it was crazy so I slept in from work and got lucky that it was a printing thing so the girl I helped do ALL of them decided to be nice when she saw I wasn't in class and printed it out and turned it in for me. And I just called off from work, so everything is good today.

Yeah, interstates are something I'm really, really nervous about, personally. I mean, I know I'll get there eventually, but it's scary even just taking the car out of park, so I can't imagine being around too many other cars while driving, yet.

xXphantomaddictedXx
06-05-2009, 06:01 PM
I know you'll think I'm weird for saying this, but I highly doubt I'm ever going to be ready to drive. I'm afraid I might drive too slow, too fast, or maybe not fast enough. I just don't think I'd feel comfortable behind the wheel of a car.

In other news, I'm seeing the new Star Trek film for the second time later today! I'm treating my best friend, who hasn't seen it yet, and who doesn't have a clue that we're even going. :biglaugh:

tiannangel
06-06-2009, 07:09 AM
Aww...poor Sarah. But it's okay. Public transport for the win~!!
Oh the plus side, I can finally get my L plate license in a few months time!! Yes!! My birthday is coming up, and then another three months and I can drive. *squeals in delight*

Nice!! I need to remind myself to watch that...
So far the only film which I am really looking forward to is Harry Potter 6...
I've been waiting for more than 6 months after they delayed it cause of Twilight...*grumbles*

xXphantomaddictedXx
06-07-2009, 05:17 AM
Nice!! I need to remind myself to watch that...
So far the only film which I am really looking forward to is Harry Potter 6...
I've been waiting for more than 6 months after they delayed it cause of Twilight...*grumbles*

Oh, you should definitely see the new Star Trek movie. It's worth seeing even if you aren't that much of a fan. I mean, I was never a big fan of Star Trek myself, but after my mom showed me Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Star_Trek_IV:_The_Voyage_Home), that was it - I was officially a fan.

Luciana
06-07-2009, 07:33 PM
See, I'm not a fan at all, because my parents watched it a lot when I was young (the show, too) and it bored me so much as a child that I was just never able to get into it as an adult. I've seen one of the movies, because my dad's friend wanted to go really bad and my dad had to work, so he took me. But that was a few years ago, and I could never really get what was going on, since I kept spacing out.

But I haven't gone to see a movie in theaters in forever. I think the last one I saw was Milk, and that was a "date" with a guy who was just using me to get him into the theater, since he was under 17.

Before that, I believe it was Twilight, which was an interesting night for me. I had a swollen rib wall, so it randomly felt like my chest was exploding and I couldn't breathe properly, so after the movie was over I went to the bathroom and locked myself in and had to have an ambulence called on me and scared the crap out of the friend I went with.

And yet, she's still making plans to go see the next one with me, haha. I guess that's a good sign?

masquerading rose
06-07-2009, 10:39 PM
See, I'm personally a fan of Star Trek. My dad is a Trekkie (though he still calls it Star Track). Its not a show I would choose to watch but if its on the TV Ill sit down and watch it if I've nothing better to do. I enjoy watching it with my dad because its something special we do but I can't do it with him if its in the middle of an episode, other wise I'm lost. So I guess you could say I'm a partial fan...

The Countess
06-08-2009, 01:29 AM
Wow, I haven't been here in a long time. I feel so guilty! How is everyone?

xXphantomaddictedXx
06-08-2009, 02:25 AM

Hi, Viktoria! Don't feel too guilty, because I'm only just starting to post in this thread again, as well. Anyway, I'm doing well, just relaxing and waiting for 7 pm (when my boyfriend will call). Also, the Tony Awards are on tonight - anyone going to watch them?

tiannangel
06-08-2009, 03:32 AM

Yeah, ditto Sarah. I haven't been here forever too, so do't worry about it Vik.

Oh, Tony's are on?!
Damn....will they be showing in the Aus, do you think?
I want to watch them....

xXphantomaddictedXx
06-08-2009, 03:59 AM
Oh, Tony's are on?!
Damn....will they be showing in the Aus, do you think?
I want to watch them....

If they aren't, you can always find clips on YouTube afterward. I know, it isn't the same as actually seeing them on TV, but it's better than nothing, right?

tiannangel
06-08-2009, 04:20 AM
True true...
Still, I hate Youtube quality...T.T

Ah...Australia is such a hole...We don't get anything really until the UK or the US has had them for a while....for example: POTO, We didn't get our first performance until 1990, and that was in Melbourne. Sydney didn't get it until 3 years later, when I was BORN!!
-sigh-

At least I have Wicked to look forward to this year. It's finally coming to Sydney in September!!

Raoul de Chagny
06-08-2009, 04:57 AM
I disagree with that comment. Australia isn't a hole. Sure we get a lot of things after the rest of the world, but that's only because we are far away in the southern hemisphere unfortunately, and in my opinion probably considered secondary when the northern hemisphere is the first for everything.....if that makes any sense. But if you have foxtel, you could probably see the Tony's live when it was on.

I watch a lot of TV shows that haven't made it to Australia yet, or are only on foxtel (because I don't have that), via torrents or there are a few websites that specialize in bringing the world the latest TV shows as soon as they appear on American TV (like Gossip Girl - just finished watching season 2!)

I've seen Wicked, and it was awesome! Cause I used to live in Melbourne. ;)

tiannangel
06-08-2009, 07:53 AM
Someone's very very lucky...T.T

Yeah, okay, it's not that much of a hole. We don't have a lot of holes either.
Yeah, I know torrent sites. I have a capped internet tough, so I'm technically not allowed to download anything really.
Youtube takes up most download space already...

Luciana
06-09-2009, 07:04 AM
I'm just gunna say that I'm kinda proud of myself. I've been visiting this site at least once a day lately and posting nearly as much. Of course, compared to how active I once was, that's nothing, but it's still better than the never-visiting that I've been doing for about a year and a half now. I'm going to give it another week, and then start looking at the RPG and seeing where we're at with everything.

I don't really watch much TV. When it comes down to it, I'm actually more social than not, so even when locking myself in my house, I need to be on the computer to have a chance to talk to someone. TV is not manditory for this mission. But I do watch some shows occasionally, but I tend to be more into the crappy sitcoms than anything else. I really enjoy Reba for some reason, and How I Met Your Mother. I watch South Park on ON Demand a lot, and The Secret Life of the American Teenager on the internet. And I have to host a party because I entered a contest not expecting to win based on the show. Which is kind of exciting, since I get the first episode of the second season early.

By the way, I may be requesting some of you as Facebook friends off of the TPO facebook group. So don't be creeped out.

Isabella Delancy
06-09-2009, 10:52 AM
Yay for returns! *tackleglomps C!Christine* - that name will ALWAYS stick. Hahaha. Even though you have had your username a while now. lol.

I watch faaar too much tv for my own good, mostly reality tv shows (Big Brother 10 has just started in the UK) but I don´t care...gotta love the tv. I also watch One Tree Hill and Gossip Girl rather religiously, and The Apprentice - fab show.

So jealous of ze Parrot cause I want to see Wicked. Guess I have to settle for the soundtrack til I can get tickets for it!

Luciana
06-09-2009, 12:36 PM
Yay for returns! *tackleglomps C!Christine* - that name will ALWAYS stick. Hahaha. Even though you have had your username a while now. lol.

Oof. *Is tackleglomped* How are you dear? It's been far too long, in my opinion.

I managed, somehow, to stay up all night after falling asleep at nine and waking up at midnight. So I'm pretty tired and have the lovely fortune of not only having work today, but also having to take a final. I'm really hoping it rains. Which it won't. It never rains when I work.

(I work at an ice cream store. The rainy days are the easiest ones.)

On the bright side, though, I've gotten to reread some really good fanfiction on Ashwinder and listen to some good music on Pandora. So even if I just completely messed up my sleep schedule and it means I'm going to be miserable at work and be forced to suck down a gallon of coffee before I go for my final, I suppose it almost evens out.

I would say that I can't wait for summer, but I might have to do summer school because of having to deal with too much stuff dealing with my mom. I missed pretty much 90% of the days this last report period, between work, taking care of my sister, dealing with bills, and having to submit forms for my mom's long-term care at the Home.

It's been a long year, and I don't get the feeling that summer is going to be much rest for me.

Though, at the very least, this gives me a semester before I start classes at the community college by my house. Maybe I'll "rest" then. (If rest means only having to go to work and not having classes, at least.)

Big Brother was actually my life when I was younger. I was quite crazy about the show, honestly. I cried when Big Brother 3 ended. It was kind of pathetic, but I was young and sad that I would never see any of those people again. It was like I actually knew them.

I have the habit of getting far too invested in characters that don't exist/I don't even know. That's one of the reasons I don't watch much TV. Safer that way.

IamErik771
06-09-2009, 06:53 PM
*ears perk up* I have the strangest feeling that people have been talking about me a couple pages back. XD But yus, LAHVE to Sarah! And to all of ya. ^_^

What's new with me? Well, a couple weeks ago, I graduated from community college. Next up: 4-year university! I'm quite excited. :D

And yay for C!Christine's return! *snuggles* Hope the summer will give you a chance to get everything back in order.

Isabella Delancy
06-09-2009, 08:08 PM
I is hot. In the literal sense. On holiday in Magaluf - off the coast of Spain...tis an island - and ít´s officially boiling hot. Drinking tons of water. My friend has water retention in her head and has been told she´s allergic to the sun. Or something. *shrugs* We don´t go home til Sat. Fail.

Jealous. I wanna work in an ice cream store.

Kinda obsessed with Big Brother. Even though the only ep I saw was the launch night one, the others are sky plussed so I can watch them all when I get back. After my gazillion sudden social engagements. I should go away more often if I get plans as soon as I arrive. Haha.

Yay congrats James! You should be excited, that´s awesome news. *throws confetti*

Luciana
06-09-2009, 09:00 PM
James! Of course we were talking about you! What is possibly more interesting than Teh James? Duh! And congrats on the graduation. I'm heading out to one of those myself, though I'm not sure about the following 4-year university. I'm thinking that I should just let life lead me where it may at this point.

Nadya, at least you get to go on holiday. My "holidays" are sitting in my backyard with sunglasses on. Anything else is far too expensive. Actually, all of my friends are going to New York this summer without me, and it makes me really, really sad. I just didn't have the money to go, and since they're staying with a friend of ours who didn't invite me (because, to be honest, she really annoys me and I suspect the feeling is mutual.) I didn't even bother trying to get an invite. It just makes me sad that my best friends are going off on this adventure without me. It makes me wonder if that's an omen of the future.

And no, you don't want to work at an ice cream shop. You start to hate ice cream. I don't eat it for pleasure anymore. It's started to gross me out on an epic level. And people get so testy. This one time, my boss called while I was making a milkshake and wouldn't shut up, so I had to talk to her, cut a banana into a blender, scoop four scoops of ice cream, weigh the blender, and blend the milkshake all with one hand. And then the customer, when I apologize and explain it was my boss and I had to talk to her, got really huffy and said that maybe I should rethink my priorities and if talking on the phone is so much more important than serving, I should get a new job.

I was like, IT. WAS. MY. BOSS. I'm sorry that she had important things to tell me. I technically COULD HAVE dropped your order and gone to talk in the back like we usually do, but since I wanted to get you done fast enough, I did both at the same time.

I didn't say that of course. I'd end up fired.

But that's not even the only instance of customers deciding that we, as the scoopers, are the root of all evil. It's not fun.

The Countess
06-10-2009, 12:53 AM
Here's a pic I just put up:

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj254/Stage_Icons/vikki.jpg

It was taken at my 8th grade dinner dance. I feel very silly to have MP in my siggy now since her beauty magnifies my hagardness. I have a lot more pics from that night so I hope to find a better one if possiable *hides under a rock*

Hidden Away
06-10-2009, 01:24 AM
I love you banner :D
"Crazy Chaney phan and anti Gerik extraordinaire" I love your word choice!
And your picture is really pretty! *tries to pull Viktoria out from under the rocks*

The Countess
06-10-2009, 01:33 AM
Damn I posted this in the wrong place. My mistake. I was wondering why it wasn't showing up in the correct thread. Now I know why. Jeez, I'm just not myself today...

Hidden Away
06-10-2009, 01:37 AM
Ah well you know for some/most of us it's final exam week and it really just stinks worse than a skunk that was killed near my brother's school. :| (what kind of metaphor was that???) Gosh I'm not myself either.

Let's take a count of people who are in the same boat *shower, study, breathe...shower study, breathe....sleep!!!*

xXphantomaddictedXx
06-10-2009, 02:24 AM
But yus, LAHVE to Sarah!

*giggles* That's the best you can do? Honestly, James, you need to try harder if you want to impress me! Lol, just kidding...but lots of love to you right back. :2love:

Hidden Away
06-10-2009, 03:18 AM
Aha, Waiting 'net-flirting' is funny. :D Anywho.
Sarah, you were suppose to answer to the question above!!!!

xXphantomaddictedXx
06-10-2009, 03:26 AM
Aha, Waiting 'net-flirting' is funny. :D Anywho.
Sarah, you were suppose to answer to the question above!!!!

I suppose it could be funny - for those who are not involved. Anyway, I won't have to worry about exams for a good while, because I'm not in college right now. I will, however, be going back in late August (around the 25th or the 26th). Speaking of sleep...that is exactly what I need right now. I unintentionally stayed up till two am last night, and was woken up by my dad at six-thirty, so I'm exhausted.

IamErik771
06-10-2009, 04:16 AM
*giggles* That's the best you can do? Honestly, James, you need to try harder if you want to impress me! Lol, just kidding...but lots of love to you right back. :2love:

Hee hee... You know how scatterbrained I can be at this time of day, darling. Or even just in general. (Or lieutenant, or sergeant.) But that's enough bad puns from me today. :biglaugh:

But yus, I love you, darling. So verrah muchly. :kiss:

xXphantomaddictedXx
06-10-2009, 04:26 AM
Hee hee... You know how scatterbrained I can be at this time of day, darling. Or even just in general. (Or lieutenant, or sergeant.) But that's enough bad puns from me today. :biglaugh:

But yus, I love you, darling. So verrah muchly. :kiss:

You're right about one thing, Angel, that was enough of the puns! However, I hope you realize I can be pretty scatterbrained myself. I have forgotten lots of things in my lifetime, but that usually doesn't matter too much. Of course, there are the times when I misplace something and forget where I put it. The Wishsong of Shannara, for example. I can't find it to save my life!

Hidden Away
06-10-2009, 04:32 AM
Ahh! Too sappy! *isn't that much of a sap* Darn you guys totally beat me in my first relationship, and my parents COMBINE! You guys can keep on with this *covers eyes and plugs ears* Wait, haha it's not an audio :D Unplugs ears...

tiannangel
06-10-2009, 09:08 AM
Awshhh...
James, Sarah?
Do I have permission to squee over you two??
Because you guys are TOO ADORABLE. :D

So cute~!

xXphantomaddictedXx
06-10-2009, 04:11 PM
Awshhh...
James, Sarah?
Do I have permission to squee over you two??
Because you guys are TOO ADORABLE. :D

So cute~!

Well, you have permission from me, Tianna. By the way, I do agree with both you and Patricia. We are adorable but can be overly sappy at times, too. I'll be talking to James later this morning, and when I do, I'll let him know we have to tone down the sappiness on the forum - for Patricia's sake, at least.

The Countess
06-12-2009, 06:28 PM
Mwhahahahaha! School is out! Maybe now I'll be an actual memember on here again!

xXphantomaddictedXx
06-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Was school ever in? But anyway, congratulations, and enjoy your summer! Do you have any plans?

Hidden Away
06-12-2009, 11:46 PM
We are adorable but can be overly sappy at times, too.

But that is exactly why I made you guys the adorable couple on the Disney picture on facebook.

Anywho, school is over and it does NOT seem like so. It so odd, I had never thought I would say this, but I'm going to miss my classes. I actually really did like them...*will go and post in the school thread*

Luciana
06-13-2009, 10:22 PM
Hey everyone, I'm sorry, my internet crashed. I don't even have a home phone anymore. I will be getting on here as much as possible, but without internet that's hard. I've gotten a library card for it, though, so I expect to be one every few days or so.

My graduation is coming up, and I'm kind of excited. But at the same time, I'm kind of scared. I'm just... nervous. It's all so new, you know?

Anyway, anyone got any exciting summer plans?

The Countess
06-14-2009, 01:41 AM
(Ha, I have 711 posts. Get it?)

I plan to hang with my friends just about every single day. We even came up with a list.

Beisdes that, I have theatre camp (yay Into the Woods Jr!) and I'm going to see Howard Mcillin's very last show in New York :)

Luciana
06-14-2009, 03:46 AM
Nice. I'm just working and trying to make enough money to do something with my life. Not happening, but I'm going to try.

My friends all have plans, but I can't do any of it. It's so depressing. I'm probably just going to go visit my mom and take care of the bills and stuff.

I'm actually being a lame and being on here at a party. And on facebook. Everyone's laughing at me, because they used to catch me on this all the time in school, so they remember the look of the layout. It makes me sad.

I told them that at least people here don't make fun of me.

xXphantomaddictedXx
06-14-2009, 07:03 AM
Summer plans? Other than going to Music Circus to see Into The Woods (in July) and Cats (in August), as well as going to San Jose for my little cousin's second birthday, I really don't have that many plans. I actually like it better that way because I'm free to do whatever I want (for the most part).

Hidden Away
06-14-2009, 10:27 PM
I'm about to go to Rome and Greece! I have no idea how it's going to be, but I'm so excited! I plan I seeing friends, trying to talk to old guy friends (they are so immature, but I love them too much to not talk to them), and then I have to make it to several camps to TL (team leader) the kids and then I get to go to SuperCamp (the best camp stands for SC!) and then school events, and then Busch Gardens trips and Nags head, then I guess school will pop up again. maybe the new teacher (of which has a very small class, which I happen to get into) is a sweetheart, but since he's a guy, maybe he's cool

xXphantomaddictedXx
06-14-2009, 10:46 PM
I'm about to go to Rome and Greece! I have no idea how it's going to be, but I'm so excited! I plan I seeing friends, trying to talk to old guy friends (they are so immature, but I love them too much to not talk to them), and then I have to make it to several camps to TL (team leader) the kids and then I get to go to SuperCamp (the best camp stands for SC!) and then school events, and then Busch Gardens trips and Nags head, then I guess school will pop up again. maybe the new teacher (of which has a very small class, which I happen to get into) is a sweetheart, but since he's a guy, maybe he's cool

Rome and Greece! Oh, Patricia, are you ever lucky! I wish I could go somewhere like that! Have a wonderful time, and tell us all about it when you return. Oh, and, please take LOTS of photos (if you can) and post them in the picture thread.

~

I'm going to the bookstore on Tuesday to buy a new copy of The Wishsong of Shannara (since the one I had seems to have disappeared off the face of this planet), and when I go, I'm planning to order a copy of Phantom (by Susan Kay). I've read it already, having checked it out of the library once before, but I'd like my own copy. One that I don't have to return in three weeks.

Hidden Away
06-14-2009, 11:20 PM
Actually I will definitely post them on Facebook and maybe a few on an Album. I'm so happy that I can go and with my friends and family. Ah I wish I could fit you all in my luggage!
I need to go to the Book store...now! And yes Phantom Kay's ordering was fun. The guy was really funny because he knew my pain--I was trying to find extra change for the shipping. I tell you when you go wallet shopping you SHOULD consider a wallet with a coin pocket that you can have searching, urgent fingers flying through it.

xXphantomaddictedXx
06-14-2009, 11:44 PM
Actually I will definitely post them on Facebook and maybe a few on an Album. I'm so happy that I can go and with my friends and family. Ah I wish I could fit you all in my luggage!
I need to go to the Book store...now! And yes Phantom Kay's ordering was fun. The guy was really funny because he knew my pain--I was trying to find extra change for the shipping. I tell you when you go wallet shopping you SHOULD consider a wallet with a coin pocket that you can have searching, urgent fingers flying through it.

Oh, good. I can't wait to see the photos! When do you leave?

~

Speaking of trips, I'm going on an overnight trip to Lake Tahoe next Sunday! It's for Father's Day, so most of my dad's side of the family is going on this trip. I'm really excited about it because I haven't been to Tahoe in a LONG time. We always seem to go to Reno (which is also in Nevada), but not Tahoe. I'm going to play games in a lot of arcades, because I can't gamble - yet.

Hidden Away
06-16-2009, 04:41 AM
Oh, good. I can't wait to see the photos! When do you leave?

~

Speaking of trips, I'm going on an overnight trip to Lake Tahoe next Sunday! It's for Father's Day, so most of my dad's side of the family is going on this trip. I'm really excited about it because I haven't been to Tahoe in a LONG time. We always seem to go to Reno (which is also in Nevada), but not Tahoe. I'm going to play games in a lot of arcades, because I can't gamble - yet.

I"m leaving Wednesday. I'm so excited but I will definitely miss you all. *wishes she had an iTouch so she could find Wi-Fi to stay in touch*...haha get it!

Oh Lakes are really fun. That's the only place that I would get sun burn not even the beach, a day at a park or anything would get me sun burn. *shrugs*

So it's like a camping thing right?

xXphantomaddictedXx
06-16-2009, 04:57 AM
So it's like a camping thing right?

No. We're staying in a hotel, and the hotel itself has a casino and restaurants and even a huge arcade. So it'll be a very nice trip, even if it's just overnight.

Hidden Away
06-16-2009, 05:06 AM
Oh because I went to camping grounds before, but it was connected to civilization and it was beautiful! Camp, fishing, along with a smoothie shop was amazing!
Have fun :D...even though..wait never mind casino place, of course there'll be a smoothie shop.

xXphantomaddictedXx
06-16-2009, 05:16 AM
Have fun :D...even though..wait never mind casino place, of course there'll be a smoothie shop.

Even better than that...there might be a Starbucks! I can't wake up unless I have my morning coffee!

masquerading rose
06-16-2009, 05:24 AM
I am the exact same way. Everyone tells me is bad because I'm young and stuff, but I've been drinking coffee since I was four, so I just say to them "If coffee was going to kill me because of my age, I'd be dead by now so pass me the splenda and leave me alone." I love coffee. Yummm.

Hidden Away
06-16-2009, 06:20 AM
Yes! Splenda! Coffee is not necessary for me to function, but it's good when it's strong and stuff like that. I had starbuck, but I always got the vanilla frappe, then I finally got to mocha, and now I'm just buying every so often. I actually got my first Starbucks card a few days ago...*thinks about using it*

xXphantomaddictedXx
06-16-2009, 04:09 PM
Coffee isn't necessary for me, either, but I always feel better in the morning after I have some. Out of curiosity, what does everyone buy at Starbucks when they go? Lately, my thing is white mochas (iced in the spring and summer months and hot in the fall and winter months), but it can vary depending on my mood.

Hidden Away
06-16-2009, 07:17 PM
I usually get a Mocha frappe or a strawberry one. The green tea ones usually give me a head ache :(

xXphantomaddictedXx
06-16-2009, 08:40 PM
I usually get a Mocha frappe or a strawberry one. The green tea ones usually give me a head ache :(

Ugh, that's not fun! Today, I went to the grocery store, and I got a white mocha there. It wasn't a Starbucks one, because they're partnered with this place called Peet's Coffee & Tea, but it was good all the same. In fact, I actually prefer Peet's over Starbucks - most of the time.

~

I also went to the bookstore today to buy a copy of The Wishsong of Shannara, but I also went there to order a copy of Phantom, by Susan Kay. However, when the clerk searched to see if they had a copy, it turned out they did! So, not only did I get the book I came for, but I also got a book I've been wanting for over a year!

Luciana
06-16-2009, 10:11 PM
I got Phantom for Christmas a few years back and read the whole thing in one day. It's an amazing book. Trust me.

I don't drink sugared up coffees. I like it black, strong, and without sugar. So I don't go into Starbucks anymore. They give you the strangest looks when you order a black coffee.

Speaking of books, though, I read an interesting one a few days ago. The Generation Dead novels are actually pretty good. It's like Twilight meets Milk, in a strange way. It's basically about this epidemic that sweeps America where certain teenagers come back from the dead and return as "Zombies". But it's an interesting social commentary, too, because there's no laws or anything protecting the rights of the zombies, but they're very politically correct about them, so the word "Zombie" is considered to be offensive, and they call them "Living disabled" in the first one and "Differently Biotic" in the second. And there's a lot of mistrust among the living about them and they're shunned in schools and the living or "Traditionally Biotic" don't see them as people or anything of the sort. And one girl falls in love with a Zombie and blah blah blah (where the Twilight-ish part comes in) but the writing actually a LOT better than Twilight, and the whole thing I kind of interpreted as just this big political statment. I don't really like getting into unfinished series though, so I'm kind of disappointed that there's only two out so far.

[/end rant about book]

I'm also kind of sad at the moment. I got my best friend and "hubby" a boyfriend the other day, because he and this guy were dancing around each other like crazy since the guy is leaving in a few months, and so they were refusing to actually do anything about it. So I made some not-so-subtle hints about dating, (as in, told the boy to ask him out NOW because he WOULD say yes and to shut up because Sam wouldn't find him weird for asking him out, the usual insecurities) and so now they're dating. And I'm happy for them. I really, really am. But it's like... I just found out that the FIRST day that Sam and I were supposed to spend together alone in weeks is actually the day of their first day (which, irnoically, The Boo told me, NOT Sam. He still hasn't mentioned it to me at all.) and now, Sam ended our facebook relationship to be in a relationsip with The Boo. And I adore The Boo, really, I do. But Sam and I haven't been apart on facebook for more than a couple of weeks since we first got together on Facebook (yes, I'm complaining about a facebook relationship, so shoot me.) and this is the first time he's ended it. Usually it's me because I'm pretending to be mad at him or something.

It just feels like the end of an era, and I'm starting to feel pushed to the side, and I'm not sure how to deal with it. First he starts hanging out a lot more with a mutal friend of ours because she's going out of town for college where as we're staying and so he wants to spend a lot of time with her before she leaves, and now this. And I get that he has to live his own life and that he just wants to spend time with both of them before they leave, but...

I've been in two relationships since we first started our facebook thing, and I stayed with him for both. The first guy didn't have a facebook, but the second one did, and I still stayed with Sam because it just felt right.

Do you guys thing I'm just being dumb and clingy, or what? >.<

(Sorry for the ranting, guys. I'm just feeling put out.)

xXphantomaddictedXx
06-17-2009, 12:15 AM
I got Phantom for Christmas a few years back and read the whole thing in one day. It's an amazing book. Trust me.

I've read Phantom once before - having checked it out of my local library several months ago - but after I read (and loved) it, I decided I wanted my own copy. One that wouldn't need to be returned to the library in three weeks. I'm really psyched because I never thought I'd get my own copy.

I'm also kind of sad at the moment. I got my best friend and "hubby" a boyfriend the other day, because he and this guy were dancing around each other like crazy since the guy is leaving in a few months, and so they were refusing to actually do anything about it. So I made some not-so-subtle hints about dating, (as in, told the boy to ask him out NOW because he WOULD say yes and to shut up because Sam wouldn't find him weird for asking him out, the usual insecurities) and so now they're dating. And I'm happy for them. I really, really am. But it's like... I just found out that the FIRST day that Sam and I were supposed to spend together alone in weeks is actually the day of their first day (which, irnoically, The Boo told me, NOT Sam. He still hasn't mentioned it to me at all.) and now, Sam ended our facebook relationship to be in a relationsip with The Boo. And I adore The Boo, really, I do. But Sam and I haven't been apart on facebook for more than a couple of weeks since we first got together on Facebook (yes, I'm complaining about a facebook relationship, so shoot me.) and this is the first time he's ended it. Usually it's me because I'm pretending to be mad at him or something.

It just feels like the end of an era, and I'm starting to feel pushed to the side, and I'm not sure how to deal with it. First he starts hanging out a lot more with a mutal friend of ours because she's going out of town for college where as we're staying and so he wants to spend a lot of time with her before she leaves, and now this. And I get that he has to live his own life and that he just wants to spend time with both of them before they leave, but...

I've been in two relationships since we first started our facebook thing, and I stayed with him for both. The first guy didn't have a facebook, but the second one did, and I still stayed with Sam because it just felt right.

Do you guys thing I'm just being dumb and clingy, or what? >.<

(Sorry for the ranting, guys. I'm just feeling put out.)

In my (very blunt) opinion, I'm inclined to say yes to the fact that you're being clingy. However, do not EVER put yourself down the way you did. You are not dumb, no matter what. What you need to do is have some 'me' time. Read a book, join a club, whatever it is - but do this ASAP. The longer you put it off, the worse you are going to feel. And, after you have some time to yourself, then talk to the two guys and sort this out - but only then. I hope that helped.

Phantom's Love From Afar
06-20-2009, 10:03 PM
Coffee isn't necessary for me, either, but I always feel better in the morning after I have some. Out of curiosity, what does everyone buy at Starbucks when they go? Lately, my thing is white mochas (iced in the spring and summer months and hot in the fall and winter months), but it can vary depending on my mood.

I was wondering if any of you have heard of Caribou? I must say, I prefer Caribou Coffee over Starbucks but I'll drink either. :) Coffee isn't a necessity for me either but I do need some sort of caffine to get me through the day when I'm in school. Usually because I stay up until ridiculous hours [3AM or Later] and I need to be at class by 8AM. Hehe. Never again. I love any Frappe from Starbucks or Coolers from Caribou. :)

Oh! And I saw you were talking Phantom by Susan Kay, my friend lended me the book to read last week and I need to start it. :) I'm really excited to read it!

The Countess
06-23-2009, 05:13 AM
Okay I really don't have anywhere else to go so I'm just going to say this: I really need some relationship advice. I don't really want to start an entire thread for this obviously, so if someone could please answer my question, that'd be great.

So there's this guy on my block that I've just begun to really like. Well, that's not completly true I guess. To reference Phantom, I guess you could say that we were childhood sweethearts, but we only just began to start hanging out like a month ago. So anyway this guy is really fun and nice to be around and I'm not afraid to admit that we flirt...a lot. But one day over Facebook, he asked me to go to a movie with him. Unfortunatly, I chickened out...big time. This was the first time I was ever asked out so I just got so nervous that I lied and said that I had a doctor's appointment AND I "forgot" about his pool party the following day. I really wish that I had said yes now because my good friend is also into him and I think he's a little bit into her (he asked her out days after me). But wait, it gets worse. Today I found out that he actually dating someone else! I'm so confused! I still really like him so I don't just want to forget about him. What should I do?

masquerading rose
06-23-2009, 06:53 AM
He lives on your block so chances are, you won't forget him. And if he's dating someone else, you shouldn't get involved with him. But don't avoid him. It might make him feel bad. Just simply be his friend and just go from there. If he dumps the girl, then you can possibly take the chance and go out with him. But be careful. A lot of times, a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship can ruin a perfectly good friendship.

I hope this situation gets better and hopefully clears itself up. Hope I helped in some sort of way.

Good luck,
Chrissy

Luciana
06-28-2009, 05:32 AM
Yeah, my suggestion would be the same. Just be friends with him for now. It's not going to be the most fun thing you've ever done with your life-- platonically hanging out with a guy you really like-- but it's going to be worth it in the end. If you really like this guy, then chances are you don't want to completely lose him. So remember that teenage relationships usually don't last, but a friendship may be forever if you play your cards right. So just hold onto him as a friend and maybe in time you'll find that you guys are better off as friends. And maybe not. Let the cards fall where they may and just hold onto him if he means a lot to you as a friend.

Though my own personal opinion is that it's a bit sketchy if he's asking you and your friend out and then also has a girlfriend. I may be reading into the situation wrong, but that just seems strange to me.

Sorry I've been super inactive lately guys, I've been sick and haven't had the energy to do much besides stare blankly at the screen. Stupid stomach flus. Not only do you feel miserable, but you can't eat so you feel weak and tired, too. Ugh.

Today was a bit of the final straw with my friend that I ranted about last time. We were all at my friend's grad party, and all of my best friends decided to go bowling and didn't invite me. It hurt like crazy, so I decided to take your advice, Sarah (if a bit belatedly) and deal with myself for a little while. I'm going to hang out with some other friends that I've been neglecting for a while, catch up on my sleep, read some fanfiction and just deal with life as it comes for a bit. I deactivated my facebook for the time being and entrusted on my friends (who wasn't involved with the whole bowling thing.) on being my "messenger owl'. I told everyong that I wouldn't be answering my phone and was getting rid of my facebook, but if it was an emergency to contact her. She's been great to me through all this, and I can't abandon her just because everyone else has decided to not invite me places.

I just need to widen my circle of friends, I think, so if things like this happen then I can just make plans somewhere else, and so I'm not so dependent on one group for all of my social interactions.

Hidden Away
06-29-2009, 01:16 AM
Oh!! I'm back! I completely missed each and every one of you! I would list a few people that I really missed, but that would probably be half of the board and members. OhMiGosh! (should stop that because it gets on her own nerves) I should totally tell you all what happened every moment of everyday but you would just get tired of read ;). Let's just say that Europe, once again, impresses my eyes, ears, not so much tongue, and senses. I loved watching the sun set over the Coliseum and going to the amphitheater with amazing acoustics (in which the vibrations of your own voice shakes you to the bone).
I must say though, that Greece was much more exciting to me than Rome (call me crazy), but you know I've always wanted to see the Greek Isles. (Beautiful!) Ah! I will make an album on my profile. Come and see pictures when you can.
It's so good to be back.

The Countess
06-29-2009, 06:13 AM
Chrissy and Christine, thank you so much for the advice. Things have been going better and I'm just going to see how things pan out.

Glad you had fun on your trip, Patrica. My older sister is actually in Europe for 12 days. She's visiting Germany, Austria, Czech., all the boring places. Italy and Greece must have been so interesting!

Hidden Away
06-29-2009, 05:16 PM
*Hates that she didn't see the above conversation and feels like a fool for not noticing...*
Well thank you :D
As I would say for relationships, good luck is all I can say because I'm just one of the guys. I can't even bother with thoughts of dating them. It's just my fact of life.
Childhood sweethearts you say well I know those 'problems'. They could help so much when it comes to being comfortable with them, but for me it just made the poor guy run and plan on being a hobo (not really more of soccer, football, baseball, 'slash' everything player). Of course being friends is a great idea, that's how most relationships start out, before you know it you'll be getting ready for a date.
If he doesn't find internet in you one: your too good for him, two: your very pretty so you have all the fish in the sea to follow you, and three: just follow your heart and gut.
bon chance!