PDA

View Full Version : General Discussion [17]: Peligro de Necedad

Daroga
06-29-2009, 07:38 PM
*Hates that she didn't see the above conversation and feels like a fool for not noticing...*
Well thank you :D
As I would say for relationships, good luck is all I can say because I'm just one of the guys. I can't even bother with thoughts of dating them. It's just my fact of life.
Childhood sweethearts you say well I know those 'problems'. They could help so much when it comes to being comfortable with them, but for me it just made the poor guy run and plan on being a hobo (not really more of soccer, football, baseball, 'slash' everything player). Of course being friends is a great idea, that's how most relationships start out, before you know it you'll be getting ready for a date.
If he doesn't find internet in you one: your too good for him, two: your very pretty so you have all the fish in the sea to follow you, and three: just follow your heart and gut.
bon chance!

This time the title is completely irreverant as I was stumped for something creative to add. So for some reason I reached back in my brain for something entertaining and in popped an incident that amused me on the side of a volcano in Costa Rica (no, really...).

There were signs posted for as far up the side of the volcano as you were allowed to travel and they alternated between English and Spanish. "Peligro de Muerte" then "Danger of Dead". Perhaps not the most elegant translation job ever but I thought to myself at the time that when standing on enormous and relatively unstable pumic stones on the side of an active volcano... that the message came across quite clearly. Thus this tour of the random has been titled "Peligro de Necedad" or "Danger of Stupid".

Let the insanity and silliness recommence... ;)

Hidden Away
06-29-2009, 08:20 PM
*Admires J's creativity* *response to this sweet mind* I actually had to do research about that area once upon a time (if you ask the history/geography teacher something stupid he'll kindly ask you to research a place and make a small handout about it as a sign to younger students to NOT be ridiculous in class. Of course mine was only for extra credit...erm well both ;) ) *admires her teacher's and J's creativity. Her teacher for ridiculous reasons and J for his awesomeness (but sadly 99.999999999999% under Samness) worships Sam*

xXphantomaddictedXx
06-29-2009, 10:57 PM
Regarding the title - very creative, J! :spin2:

I have never had to do research about that particular area, but I do remember the research I had to do on cultures such as the Mayan and Aztec. This was several years back (when I was in 8th grade). However, my favorite topics to research (school-wise) are ancient Greece and ancient Egypt - especially Cleopatra and her life.

The Countess
06-30-2009, 01:21 PM
Love the title.

Anywho so I've now cahnged my avatar and details in my profile. I'm afraid that my 15th birthday has so far been very deary but the day is still young and my party is at 6.

As for my boy troubles earlier, it's all been resolved. Everyone's saying that I should ask him to a movie but I'm old fashioned and much too shy. How I wish I was Katharine Hepburn.

xXphantomaddictedXx
07-01-2009, 12:17 AM
As for my boy troubles earlier, it's all been resolved. Everyone's saying that I should ask him to a movie but I'm old fashioned and much too shy. How I wish I was Katharine Hepburn.

I hate to tell you this, Viktoria, but he may never know how you feel if you don't make the first move. Swallow whatever fears you might have and just...go for it. The worst he can do is say no, and if he does, there are plenty of other fish in the sea (so to speak).

phantom's_rose
07-01-2009, 12:24 AM
Viktoria, I absolutely adore your avie. (: And, I understand the shyness thing...I mean, I wouldn't either, I'm with you there...and I think it's the guys' job to ask the girl. (:

Um...so life, you know, it's going...just kind of dreading band camp....but that's not till August, so I'm good. :P Otherwise, I'm just hanging out with my insties. Especially Cheyenne. DON'T MAKE FUN OF ME, I LOVE MY INSTRUMENTS VERY MUCH! And my piano deserves a name, even though it's not a Steinway...*sigh* I want a Steinway & Sons piano so bad. That's never gonna happen though...ha...I'll put up with my good old Conn. :spin: Yup. My sister's taking the violin to college, and I'm kind of upset about that...but I need to get a left handed one anyway. Mom will buy me one I hope.[/lefie-innocence]

Whoops! This is turning into a journal entry type thing. Sorry! How are all of you guys?

xXphantomaddictedXx
07-01-2009, 12:32 AM
How are all of you guys?

I'm good...just psyched for Music Circus. However, that won't happen for another month. I'm seeing Into The Woods on July 30th, and Cats on August 20th. Ironically, Cats is the one I'm really excited for.

Hidden Away
07-01-2009, 11:23 PM
Hummm, how am I? tired. Working for my money for an iTouch 32 GB is HARD work especially for my mom. It's fun and all, but I'm still feeling jet-lag...*whipser* do you know aht JET'LAG does do the body? :(

Sigh.

xXphantomaddictedXx
07-02-2009, 01:09 AM
An iTouch? Personally, I prefer MP3 players, but to each their own.

Hidden Away
07-02-2009, 10:37 PM
Sooo, to quickly change the subject back to what Viktoria was saying....
Alright, does anyone know a way to know if a guy is being nice or trying to get attention with these events.
It's not like we fight often, but more of flirt fighting like, "I didn't do that" or "oh don't make me laugh it was you that....*blah*" you known stuff to give us the excuse to talk. Other than that it's small converstaions like excuse such as, "Whoa those kids in the jr choir can sing...wait no that's the CD player. Hey, wouldn't it be cool if we could have sung like that as kids." you know..crap like that.
Basically, excuses to talk to each other. Other than that, we just look and smile and sit there at the opposite end of the room and pretend we're there for something.
IF there's one thing that I can't do *ha!* it would be understand guy's body language. It's sooo different from girls. Despite my hanging out guys all the time...it does vary from location. You know parts othe country, city boy to country to suburbs....and everything and anything makes the different. If only certain thoughts could be read above the person's head.

xXphantomaddictedXx
07-13-2009, 04:31 PM
Hello, anyone here?

Life is going well for me right now. I'm seeing Into The Woods on July 30th and Cats on August 20th. However, I'm mostly excited for Cats because that is ALW's most well-known show (next to POTO). Other than that, not much has been happening.

Hidden Away
07-13-2009, 04:37 PM
I'm here...a response to my question would be a very good happy pill for me. He's just not that into me...haha! *I had just watched the movie*....haha I'm just very curious. You know when you want to know more about someone and you don't know how to talk to them. Yea welcome to my world ;)

The Countess
07-14-2009, 03:10 AM
I wouldn't be the best one to ask...hehe...boys suck (no offense few gentlemen on the board).

Life's been okay lately. I'm on a major opera fetish and the day of all days (Phantom) is drawing nearer. Anyone know where I can find a cheap mask for the occasion?

masquerading rose
07-14-2009, 03:38 AM
You can get one at any arts and crafts store. I know they have full face ones, but I'm pretty sure you can cut them to make it more Erik-like.

Hidden Away
07-14-2009, 05:04 AM
If you need one in the future and if you happened to pass my Ashville before the occasion--or Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, you can find nice masks in a small shop in Ashville or Busch Gardens (Italy) since they're known for masks and crafts.

The Countess
07-14-2009, 07:20 PM
Darn, that's too far from me. I'm sure I can find one over eBay or something...thanks anywho lovies <3

Sooooo I'm seeing the midnight screening of Harry Potter 6 today or rather tonight. The strange thing is that I hate HP...the things we do to hang with friends...

Hidden Away
07-15-2009, 03:26 AM
Ha, yea I sacrificed my first Friday to myself from school with a bunch of my friend in a movie theater watching (darn I say?) the Jonas Brothers...Oh dear GOD! I wanted to cry, but it was fun to hang with the girls again.

The Countess
07-22-2009, 08:10 PM
Got my mask today from Amazon. It looks pretty good I think even though my dumb eyelashes keep poking the top of the eye hole and I have to tuck part of the string under my ear. Now all I'm missing for my Phantom costume is the cape and shirt :)

THeFaCeiNTHeMaSK
07-22-2009, 10:24 PM
I don't know why, but I have officially joined Twitter... It's incredibly stupid if you think about it. 140 character status update and that's it. But it's horribly addicting...

Or maybe it is addicting because I'm following Adam Levine and he is constantly updating his solo twitter... And he's only been tweeting without the rest of Maroon 5 for a day! On twitter one day and already has 2,000 followers... and one of them is me!

Hidden Away
07-22-2009, 11:16 PM
I tried Twitter and I just wanted to cry...it was sooo boring...I couldn't find people, anything. I just gave up after that. It was almost a waste of time for me.

Viktoria, you need to take pictures!!! and be happy that you have long eyelashes. mine are so small thou shan't be able to see them for they are so frail...just like a a shoe lace compared to....ummm a phone cord.

The Countess
07-26-2009, 07:43 AM
Today, I saw Phantom for the second time, Howard's very last performance as the Phantom. I went in full Phantom garb as I said (I'll post pictures later) and was actually the only one there in costume. Needless to say, I got a lot of attention. Little kids were pointing at me, old ladies smiling, and this one guy even took my picture. The ushers were impressed and my mom said that even some actors on stage noticed (if only Howard did...)

The show itself was AMAZING. My maman et moi sat in the 2ND FLIPPING ROW. 2ND! It was insane. I cried at the end partly because of the story but mostly because it was the last time Howard sang the show. It was bitter-sweet in a way, but a magical night indeed.

Hidden Away
08-09-2009, 02:44 AM
Ha my parents would murder me if I dressed up, but then again they would love it if the actor's took notice...Howard! I wish I was there...:( Picture! I will check!

The Countess
08-09-2009, 03:23 AM
Ah, no pictues get, dahling. I know that you're all so anxious to see my half-assed costume.

Really, this is all it is: a white collar shirt, black (very small) fedora and dress pants, black boots, a gray vest, and a vampire cape. Great, I know. Don't get too jealous now *eye roll*

Hidden Away
08-12-2009, 02:54 AM
Ha cha cha! You totally take the scene with that outfit! I wore my brown/creme polka dot dress...so cute, but I think you bet me :) haha!

tiannangel
08-16-2009, 08:56 AM
*shock*
I've been away...for...two...whole...months.
Oh my god. *shoots myself*
I've missed you guys terribly, how's everything been around here??

School has been mental, and I have a maths test tomorrow to boot...T.T

The Countess
08-16-2009, 01:07 PM
You have school already or do you just go to one of those all-year school?

We've missed you just so. Not much as happened. We got some new mods I think in that time (maybe earlier I don't remember) and PJ and I have been having a posting war with the lack of activity here. Hence why I gained like 500 posts.

tiannangel
08-16-2009, 01:44 PM
Mine's an all year down in Aus.
10 weeks school, 2 weeks holidays. Goes on a continuous cycle, except for Christmas which is 4 weeks. Then back to school..T.T

Oh, new mods! Is Erica a new mod now> I think I saw her status change above her avvie.

Ah, yeah, lack of activity always sucks. I'm sorry I wasn't here to help...stupid school. *whacks text book*

Hidden Away
08-17-2009, 02:26 PM
yes yes! she is!!!! *re ques confetti* It's okay :) that would be interesting, but then again it would be hard to keep up with everything else! Kudos to you for keeping up with us here at all :)

Opera Ghost
08-18-2009, 03:24 PM
Mine's an all year down in Aus.
10 weeks school, 2 weeks holidays. Goes on a continuous cycle, except for Christmas which is 4 weeks. Then back to school..T.T

Oh, new mods! Is Erica a new mod now> I think I saw her status change above her avvie.

Oh my god those term times sound horrendous! I have 8 weeks holiday in summer and 4 (i think.. I always forget) at Christmas, 3 at Easter.. I think! But it still never feels like enough.

Having new mods is always exciting :D Congrats, Erica! There never was an announcement, but I am no longer ze admin zat I used to be. I stepped down for several reasons recently :( But can still lend a bit of time to be a member and keep up with stuff!

PhAnToMeSs07
08-21-2009, 10:16 PM
I can't believe its already August again and time to start back school. Though I'm more than happy to be out of the house, I didn't realize that I wasn't quite ready to start back classes yet. I just changed my major to a double major, Graphic Design and Studio Art with a concentration in drawing and so, its like a new beginning in a way. I have 18 and a half hours so I'm booked, as usual. That's not including all the rehearsals for ensembles. And eight o clock comes way too soon every morning. But yeah, whether you are in college or grade school, I wanted to wish everyone good luck and that you all get a good start and that it hopefully continues on that track.

xXphantomaddictedXx
08-22-2009, 02:47 AM
I start on Monday, and would you believe I'm actually ready for the stress of school? I'm taking an adaptive PE class and retaking Math 34 (pre-algebra) because I got a D the first time around. I took a six-month hiatus from it all because I'd been taking too many units, but now I know I can't take more than two classes at a time.

In other news, I saw Cats last night!

angelofthenight
08-22-2009, 02:57 AM
School starts on Monday for me!!! Crazy crazy. I'm really ready for it though. There's only so many times I can mow the lawn and get on here before I start wishing for a change in routine. I have a lot of hard classes which means that I probably won't be on that much. AP Government, Human Anatomy (everyday WHOOT!!), Honors Pre Calculus, Honors English III not to mention speech and debate, 4-H, science fair, NHS (tutoring and other community service projects...), Marching Band (along with jazz band, pep band, and concert band), and church (activities, service projects etc...). It's going to be so chaotic but I'm looking forward to it.

THeFaCeiNTHeMaSK
08-22-2009, 04:26 AM
Good luck at school everyone! I don't start until September 10th.

Haley, I especially wish you luck in Pre-Calc... That was one of my absolute favorite classes. I almost didn't take it, but I'm so glad I did- that class (and the teacher) has changed my life. I went from a theatre major to a mathematics major. Anywho, it's a tough class but completely worth it. Are you taking Calculus afterwards? If it's an AP course, I'll try to send you parts of our study guide for the exam. Mr. T printed off multiple choice tests from 1970-1997 (not every year, but about ten year's worth) and then all the free response since 2000. I promise, it helped me so much, I ended up making Mr. Thompson's AP Calc hall of fame (as well as a 5 on the exam)

angelofthenight
08-22-2009, 08:33 AM
Yeah I'm going to be a science major so the math classes are important. I do have plans of taking AP Calculus my senior year (along with AP Bio, AP Physics and AP Lit) So those reviews would be awesome. I bet they would help me study for my ACT and SAT which I'm taking for my first time this year. If you need my email or anything like that PM me so we can work it out. I'm so excited for this year!

The Countess
08-22-2009, 12:25 PM
School starts on the 8th on September for moi. It's a pretty late start, but that means we get out of school late too. My first year of high school (dun dun dun). I'm scared out of my mind ofthe upperclassmen. Other than that though, I'm taking a few classes that I'm really looking forward to. Yay for Chorale and Basic Acting!

xXphantomaddictedXx
08-22-2009, 03:18 PM
School starts on the 8th on September for moi. It's a pretty late start, but that means we get out of school late too. My first year of high school (dun dun dun). I'm scared out of my mind ofthe upperclassmen. Other than that though, I'm taking a few classes that I'm really looking forward to. Yay for Chorale and Basic Acting!

Viktoria, upperclassmen are not that bad. They won't try to beat you up or throw your books in the trash, despite what you may have heard. What you need to do is find something to boost your self-esteem, and the chorale/acting classes may just be the key. You will find lots of people with similar interests in those classes, and might make some new friends. I wish you the best of luck come September 8th!

The Countess
08-23-2009, 01:35 PM
Thanks, I feel like I'm going to need it. I just hope that all of the upperclassmen just leave us "fresh meat" be. I could do without the name callling and such in the hallways.

xXphantomaddictedXx
08-23-2009, 03:08 PM
Thanks, I feel like I'm going to need it. I just hope that all of the upperclassmen just leave us "fresh meat" be. I could do without the name callling and such in the hallways.

I'm sure that once they see who you are and what you stand for, they'll leave you alone for the most part. However, just in case they decide not to, I'd find about 3-4 close friends who are willing to form a "clique" of sorts with you. This will ensure that you don't have to go places alone, and might make your friends feel safer, too! Hope that helped!

The Countess
08-23-2009, 03:38 PM
It did and thanks for the advice. Luckily, I do have a close-knit group of girlfriends. Hopefully we won't be spilt up or anything. Well, I should be more focused on that when it comes to that, shouldn't I?

xXphantomaddictedXx
08-23-2009, 03:49 PM
It did and thanks for the advice. Luckily, I do have a close-knit group of girlfriends. Hopefully we won't be spilt up or anything. Well, I should be more focused on that when it comes to that, shouldn't I?

It's good to hear that you have a close-knit group of friends, Viktoria. That should really help with the transition from middle school to high school. And, hopefully, you will make some new friends so that the group will get even bigger!

As a kind of side question, are any of your friends going to be in your acting and/or chorale classes?

The Countess
08-23-2009, 04:23 PM
Umm, I think two of them are and only one of them got into the chorale unfortunatly. Most of us are going out for the plays/musicals though so we'll be together then if not at lunch or something. I doubt that we'll share other classes than that because they're in more advanced classes than I. Oh well, better than not seeing them at all, right?

Hidden Away
08-26-2009, 06:20 PM
(I didn't see it fitting to post again about this in the original thread, Member's Birthday Wishes (http://phantoms-opera.com/showthread.php?t=2299).

Ah! You silly girl! What about yourself.

A big late birthday wish to Patrica/PG/Erika/Hidden Silk/ErikismyAngel5! Jesus, you have a lot of names.

Trust me It's a worse situation with me back home. People just can't remember Patricia so they started giving me every name besides that. I don't think that I get called Patricia unless my parents are mad...actually they just call me that when their bored, when I'm in trouble I get the Tagalog name! Patrian. Literally pronounced Pat-train.

Karo Kiba
08-30-2009, 02:35 PM
My parents either use my nickname or my regular first name to call me. They do the whole middle name thing when they are upset. My name is from another language and they don't use the english equivalent since it's the same as my mom's first name. It would be...weird if they did. My name in itself comes from three different countries, one of which is now a state. It's hawaiian, english, and scottish (in that order).

The Countess
08-30-2009, 06:08 PM
My nicknames include:

Viktoria
Vikki
V-po
Toria
Viktoria Anne
Victoria (my poppy refuses to spell it the way I like it)
Vik
Vikkers
Muffled Footsteps
Borris

The last two are random, are they not?

Hidden Away
08-31-2009, 05:01 PM
I once was called Toga...and then Tooties Pop...LOL

And then Isn't that you in your SIggY????? OhMeGOD!!!!!!

The Countess
08-31-2009, 05:03 PM
Aha, yep, c'est moi. My website is fianlly up and running. I have the link/info posted in the House on the Lake if you want to check it out. People seem to have taken an interest to my little project on this site, which pleases me very much. Unofrtuantly, that means less TPO and much more TGITPC. :(

Hidden Away
08-31-2009, 05:09 PM
How dare you leave us here! *puppy eyes* Which I have perfected this summer ;) I tried to have my own site...but I have given up and then I canceled it :) It wasn't good anyways. I Just was sooo bored on Saturday when I didn't have homework :) haha *still has not finished the simple Edgar Allen Poe stories assigned...ashamed!*

Karo Kiba
08-31-2009, 05:12 PM
So will you be going on roller coasters with the mask on, then? That would be hilarious. Please post new pics ASAP!

The Countess
08-31-2009, 05:35 PM
When get to a theme park, most definitly. :) But I'll have to leave the cape/mask behind. That would be only a little dangerous...

Karo Kiba
08-31-2009, 05:44 PM
Or you could just bring a backpack and stuff them in there while you are in the line for the roller coaster.

Hidden Away
08-31-2009, 05:54 PM
Yea and then throw the bag to the other boarding side before you get locked it :) LOL I will work at a theme park in college!!!! I WILL!

Karo Kiba
08-31-2009, 06:05 PM
I'm going to beg my dad to see if I can audition at Busch for the scare squad.

Hidden Away
08-31-2009, 06:30 PM
YES!!! I will run around with a lasso and then have a dummy of a hung neck :) I will help you!!!

I wish that I could work there as a roller coaster person...or I wish I could work in Emerald Beat...but then again...that would be hard to pull of since I'm short and Asian....and yea :)

Karo Kiba
08-31-2009, 06:58 PM
And there is the fact that all of the emerald beat performers are flown in from ireland every year. Better yet, you should run around dressed as erik with the punjab lasso!

Hidden Away
08-31-2009, 07:25 PM
Actually no they mostly trained in Maine and VA and else were, but I was talking about the singing part of the show. I love the song that she sings solos and duet...it's soooooooo much fun to learn!

Karo Kiba
08-31-2009, 07:27 PM
I bet! Though running around with a punjab lasso sounds like the most fun to me!

Hidden Away
08-31-2009, 07:29 PM
Haha I love to sing...maybe I'll sing scary songs....hard to find but okay LOL

Anyone here want to work in a theme park in college years? I wish that I could be awesome and work as a roller coaster designer...that would kick butt!

The Countess
08-31-2009, 07:49 PM
Haha I love to sing...maybe I'll sing scary songs....hard to find but okay LOL

Here's one:

Lizzie Borden took an axe
And gave her mother forty whacks.
When she saw what she had done
She gave her father forty-one

I love it :)

I'm in such a Halloween spirit lately. I can't wait for it to be October already.

Hidden Away
08-31-2009, 07:55 PM
Of course Viktoria proves me wrong...LOL that is scary....welll that's just....not a threat at all...

Anywho.. I don't know what I will be for Halloween.... I can't believe I don't know....

The Countess
08-31-2009, 08:31 PM
I think you all know what I'm being. Most unoriginal That Girl in the Phantom Costume idea ever. *rolls eyes*. I'm still going out and trick-or-treating. Hey, it is free candy and I get to stay out past curfew. That's a win-win, if you ask me.

Karo Kiba
08-31-2009, 08:34 PM
Reading the wikipedia article about that gruesome story is even more frightening...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lizzie_Borden

The Countess
09-03-2009, 10:51 PM
Oh, ya, really creepy stuff. But I'm so interested by that kind of thing. Morbid of me, I know. But hey, I'm a Halloween type of girl.

Karo Kiba
09-04-2009, 12:41 AM
The strangest thing happened to me. I was thinking angry thoughts and kinda overreacting when...BAM my chest starts aching and I feel like I'm going to pass out. I was on the back deck giving the dog a bath. I had been feeling great and rather energetic like normal for the entire day. So I had to clench on to the railing and sit down to keep myself from falling. It was really freaky and I thought I was going to die. It almost reminded of erik's attacks in the kay book. I haven't read it yet but I've read fanfics based off of it. From what I understand they can be triggered by intense emotions. These thoughts that I had before were sort of angry. I get angry at my dad sometimes for treating me like I'm a small child.

The Countess
09-08-2009, 11:25 AM
Ack, first day of high school today. I gots the jitters, but I think it'll be okay so long as I don't get lost. Our school is HUGE.

Wish me luck!

Karo Kiba
09-08-2009, 09:08 PM
How was your first day, countess? Mine was great. Though I'm not a freshman. I'm a junior. It was just awesome! Dad even took me out for ice cream after he picked me up and had to do some errands. And I also just discovered that a certain chain buffalo wing restaurant is opening a location in our town. It's called Buffalo Wild Wings. My bf is a big fan. They have a location near where his dad lives and his dad takes him all the time. He was looking forward to the day that he would force me to eat some hot wings and up my tolerance for spicy foods. I've never been one for spicy foods, but I've eaten one of the world's hottest hot sauces two or three times. The first time was part of a game we do in youth group. The second time was a guy friend fooling everyone with delicious looking ghirardelli gourmet chocolate brownies that really had hot sauce in them. And I can't quite remember if there was a third time, but I think I might've had to do it again as part of that same game. The first time I had it I screamed and started ransacking the church kitchen for anything that would help, such as milk, bread, etc. And that was just licking a teeny weeny bit off the end of a toothpick. People have eaten tablespoons of that stuff and wound up in emergency rooms due to stomach problems.

The Countess
09-09-2009, 01:45 AM
Ugh, first day as a freshie was rough. Luckily, I didn't get lost, but the entire day is just grueling to get through. I had a ton of homework on the first day. Once I got home, I fell asleep. On top of that, I have a Midsummer Night's Dream audition tomorrow. Yet another thing to worry about. I hope I can manage this.

Hidden Away
09-09-2009, 02:08 AM
Aww that's a great thing. Hah I remember mind. ALL eight Classes in one school day. I loved the 4 blocks a day after that :)

I was supposed to audition for a show but since the prep rehearsals are too much I can't go :( Break a leg in Midsummers :) that was ours last year....yuck!!!! Glitter everywhere! I had In my pockets....INSIDE them??? How? and then I found them in the library on the second floor. So weird!

Homework? I had all the syllabus stuff and then quizzes and homework :( Sophomore!

Karo Kiba
09-11-2009, 12:48 AM
I'm so thrilled to find out that we might be doing "Requiem for A Dream" in my orchestra class! I emailed my teacher begging her to do the orchestra version of MOTN. She has yet to inform me on her decision. I'm sad that we aren't doing a spring trip this year, but we might do an overnight trip to see trans-siberian orchestra in concert. We also might do a clinic with Mark Wood.

The Countess
09-19-2009, 01:11 PM
Gah, school is a drag. I don't get to be on here anymore!

On the plus side, Midsummer started and I got a Fairy/Principle dancer. I've never taken a dancing class before but I did get the biggest role of the freshman. Go me!

Anyway, how is everyone?

Hidden Away
09-20-2009, 07:18 PM
Ooo congrats! I remember in our MidSummers that I was Peaseblossom and the other freshmen people were just townspeople....and a few other faires. And then the shortest Sophomore got Puck...why didn't I audition for Puck? I hate audition that are specific for characters.

Karo Kiba
09-20-2009, 07:59 PM
I am awesome! Believe it or not, I just met a member of TPO and phantomoftheopera.com in real life without even expecting to do so! I go to retreat/conference like thing every weekend. Anyways, I started singing lines from Repo! when I was in the shower yesterday. I thought I was alone but apparently I wasn't. Then it turned out that two of the other girls in my rooms who were both sisters were repo fans and the younger one was a phan. So I asked her if she went on any phantom websites and it turned out that she was a member. She said that she hadn't been on in a long time, so she'd forgotten her screen name, but if I gave her my screen name then she would look for me when she got on.

And congrats on your role in that show!

phantom's_rose
09-20-2009, 08:23 PM
CONGRATULATIONS VIKTORIA!! That sounds like it'll be a lot of fun, I wish you the best of luck. :goofy:

Okay, guys...hello! Did you all miss me, cause I missed you all so very much! :spin2:

Why hello there, Kiki! :updown2: I don't think we've meet before. Haha, or been introduced formally...over...TPO? Well, whatever, I'm Emmy. (: This is probably extremely late, but welcome to TPO!

A'ight, check it. (http://www.loveneverdies.com/october8th/?utm_source=lnd&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=teaser1) Isn't that ridiculous? I'm gonna have to move to the UK, because tickets are going on sale in like, October...good bye, Iowa, I gotta see this. Goodness, ALW is off his rocker. This is ridiculous...argghhh. :crying:

Anyway, how have all of you been?

Hidden Away
09-20-2009, 08:35 PM
Oh yea I know I really want to see it, but then again I don't wanna be disappointed, but then again I can't because you know...

tiannangel
09-26-2009, 01:28 PM
Hey Ems~!!
And hello to everyone else, I've missed you guys as well.

I really hate extended periods of disappearance, which is what I seem to be doing a lot of nowadays...

So, wassup everyone?
And Ems, I'll reply to our RP when I get my muse kicking again.

xXphantomaddictedXx
09-26-2009, 04:27 PM
Hey, everyone!!

I'm sorry I haven't been as active here lately, but I've really been busy kicking butt at college. I got 94.7% on the first math exam of the semester, which amounts to an A! Also, the second exam is on Thursday, and I'm going to be busy studying for it during most of this week (probably tomorrow thru Tuesday).

How is everyone else?

Hidden Away
09-26-2009, 05:03 PM
We're all fine..I should totally be studying...but I'm just too tired to do so :) I have several papers to churn out, but my fingers are wasted, so I'll waste the bit more here :) <3s to all.

phantom's_rose
09-27-2009, 12:46 AM
OH MY GOSH!
Hi Tian!!! Huzzah! I wish good luck to you and your muse! A-ling-derding-der-dergen.

OH MY GOSH!!
Hi Sarah! (I haven't talked to you in like, years. XP)

I love you all so much. Just wanted to say that. I'm okay, but totally exhausted...I wish I could sleep in till at least six just ONCE. Marching band is so totally worth it though...I'll be obsessing over it for about the next month or so, just a forewarning.

How are you all doing? Anyone want to talk about how amazing marching band is with me?

Hidden Away
09-28-2009, 02:54 AM
And I don't gets a Hi? Thanks Emms...Just kidding around ;)

So I went to Howl-O-Scream at Busch Gardens and in the area known as "France" I meet the Phantom's brother because his deformity was on the other side...that was a funny encounter...right next to "catacombs..." why so random you may ask..because this is general discussions :)

But anywho, I'll add the picture later it was funny! So my mom lied for me and said that my name was Christine...I just rolled with it and he made a huge Phantomy deal about it...sooo funny!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
So my friends invited me to the Howl-O-Scream fan page and I found some of the central scarers and guess who else

Guess who (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlGhVWzXilw)

This guy was so much more evil and funnier than the guy last year. The guy last year didn't even sing (well if you ask him to sing at the park he will) and he's so stubborn. He almost made my mom throw her camera away...good times....great times. Then he made my brother cry. I just laughed and then he made me go through the Catacomb maze....yikes!

Facebook note (http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=145703827690)

**links thank to Sori from School, my John Barrowman love to you darling!**

The Countess
09-28-2009, 01:48 PM
Ack, John Barrowman. My friend's in love with him. I myself, can't love him because he will be Raoul in the Phantom sequel.

Anyway, it sounds like you had fun. I love haunted houses and things like that. I even got to partake in a haunted orphanage once. It was great fun! I daresay that I will visit some kind of haunted house this year in Phantom costume.

Hidden Away
09-28-2009, 10:32 PM
Well with Sori, if I object aht John Barrowman isn't amazing she'll kill me. Little does she know that tid and and maybe her love will die for him *yea right!* But maybe just a tad bit. I enjoy him as a singer, but as Raoul he was okay...well a bit better than okay, but still not amazing.

The Countess
09-30-2009, 02:46 AM
He was in the 2005 movie version of The Producers you know (God, how I love Nathan Lane!). What a great and funny movie!

Anyway, so I have an idea for my website/show. What do you guys think about the "Phantom" writing to the Great Pumpkin on the first?

Hidden Away
09-30-2009, 02:49 AM
I second that motion!

So my life is weird...I need to get friends at school other than teachers...weird I know, but I"m just a teacher's pet :P

These are people that I'll see in like 20 years and they'll be like, "I was in this show and this show and this...what about you?" and I'll be like..."I taught at a studio...???" I need to rack up my resume!!

Karo Kiba
10-03-2009, 08:53 PM
So, I'm going to an audition in two hours! Wish me luck!

Hidden Away
10-04-2009, 12:00 AM
Good luck! I'm wondering...so the musical version of Little Women...what chances do I have in getting in and being a servant or something...ensemble. I'm not looking for a part, I just want to do something before Jr.-dom...

Karo Kiba
10-04-2009, 01:29 AM
It went well. I screamed louder than I thought I could scream. I had to scream, do a wicked laugh, act like a troll, answer questions related to various aspects of work, act like a wolf, and act like a goblin.

Hidden Away
10-04-2009, 01:55 AM
Oh my I love audition like that...wait no One liners! They describe this character and you have to say something from their POV just for fun. Like they give an idea of what they are going to say, but your trying to decipher the exact line. It totally helps if you read the script before hand.

Karo Kiba
10-04-2009, 02:13 AM
It was basically a lot of improv. But there are rules and stuff if you do get the job. Like you can't touch a guest, block their way, or scare young children.

Hidden Away
10-04-2009, 02:19 AM
Yea that it's what a lot of small plays for my school do for auditions since the director doesn't want to see the same scene over and over again. Yea the bible rules to improv...oh what fun!

Karo Kiba
10-04-2009, 03:52 AM
I hope I get the job! They should call in a day or two!

Hidden Away
10-04-2009, 04:12 AM
Is it actually a job or is it a local theater? I hope you get a part :) I really really want to get into the next show, but since the parts are sooooo race specific, it holds my confidence back :(

Karo Kiba
10-04-2009, 04:22 AM
It's for a job on the scare squad in busch gardens.

Hidden Away
10-04-2009, 04:29 AM
Oh my GOSH!!! I'm soo jealous! Why didn't you tell me at first! I really wanted to work as a Witch, but I can't do that once I can drive there myself maybe during college weekends if I go to William and Mary...Oh I would love to do that! Or something I've always wanted to work in a haunted house or maze. But I can see myself being scare of the inside regardless.. now I really hope you get it so I can find you!

Karo Kiba
10-04-2009, 04:34 AM
Lol yeah but I have to stay in character the entire time I'm working though. And you may not recognize me since I might be wearing a mask.

Hidden Away
10-04-2009, 04:38 AM
Well you should know what I look like and then I'll go around and try to see if I come across you. You can just message me if you see a small asian girl. Just tell me where you'll be and what you're dressed as. If your in a maze that would be hard to make sure you see me...because well it's dark...

Karo Kiba
10-04-2009, 02:27 PM
Yeah. I'll tell you where I'm working and if I'm working when you go there!

Hidden Away
10-04-2009, 07:21 PM
Oh! I'm so excited! You just don't how scare I am of the mazes and things like that, but when I get there I totally scare myself just by trying to get in line. You better get that job! I need to meet a fellow TPOian!

Karo Kiba
10-05-2009, 03:01 AM
They haven't called yet. *is sad*

Hidden Away
10-05-2009, 03:16 AM
When do you get a call. I'm going to go probably next week or next next week. I wish you would be a witch they always say I have too much energy and it could go into their stew or something like that...weird...haha :) Wait you near the VA one right?

Karo Kiba
10-05-2009, 09:08 PM
Yup, I am!

xXphantomaddictedXx
10-11-2009, 04:53 PM
Hi, everyone!!

In general, I'm doing well, but am a little peeved that I only got a 74% on my second math exam. However, I did get a tutor, so he should be able to bring me up to speed on what I'm not able to understand.

In other news, I've started working on the second stepping-stone to Think of Me. It's a song from a musical called The Boys From Syracuse, and the song itself is called Falling In Love With Love.

How is everyone else?

Hidden Away
10-11-2009, 11:14 PM
Hey Sarah! ^^

Well, math is awkwardly hard this year...I can't understand Algebra Trig...soo weird!

I'm sick and I might be out the entire week for school. It's swine so at least I can still be here on occasions and not contaminate you all. :D Oh me...I'm so silly. But seriously I won't want to make people sick.

xXphantomaddictedXx
10-14-2009, 02:20 AM
I'm sorry to hear that! I really hope you're feeling better soon! :grnsmile:

~

It seems summer is officially over in California, because we've been hit fairly hard with a storm. It brought plenty of rain and heavy winds, and it's because of the winds that I was unsure of whether I'd be able to sign on tonight. However, the wind has decided to die down for a bit, so I'm good for now. I'll update everyone if things change.

Karo Kiba
10-14-2009, 02:45 AM
It looks like I probably didn't get that job, but mom said she knows these owners of a coffee shop and that working for them might be cool.

xXphantomaddictedXx
10-18-2009, 08:32 PM
It looks like I probably didn't get that job, but mom said she knows these owners of a coffee shop and that working for them might be cool.

Good for you! I'm glad to hear there was another option for you. Please let us know whether you got the job at the coffee shop.

Karo Kiba
10-18-2009, 11:59 PM
Good for you! I'm glad to hear there was another option for you. Please let us know whether you got the job at the coffee shop.

Yup. I have yet to inquire about it, but from what my mom said the owners are really nice. They are also people of faith. So I'm pretty sure they wouldn't schedule me on sundays or holidays if I got the job.

Hidden Away
10-19-2009, 02:04 AM
Awww so I won't be able to see you around Busch Gardens? DARN :( Oh well coffee...working around coffee is good. haha :D At least this is the random thread.

xXphantomaddictedXx
10-19-2009, 02:24 AM
Yup. I have yet to inquire about it, but from what my mom said the owners are really nice. They are also people of faith. So I'm pretty sure they wouldn't schedule me on sundays or holidays if I got the job.

Well, that is good to know, but you also never know what could happen. I think maybe you should explain that you go to church on Sundays and most holidays, then see what they have to say. Just a thought.

Awww so I won't be able to see you around Busch Gardens? DARN Oh well coffee...working around coffee is good. haha At least this is the random thread.

Oh, yes, I agree that coffee is good. I'm one of those people who needs 1-2 cups per day in order to wake up. Anyone else like that?

Karo Kiba
10-21-2009, 02:52 AM
I'm TOTALLY not like that, but I do LOVE it!

Hidden Away
10-22-2009, 03:00 AM
I enjoy a Carmel Iced Frappe on the occasion, but not every day...I would eventually crash. I would cry actually. Yuck that would not be cool for me to not drink coffee everyday.

Karo Kiba
10-23-2009, 08:20 PM
I just ordered Kay's phantom and a phantom mask! They should both arrive by the end of next week!

Hidden Away
10-26-2009, 11:05 PM
Ooo, I love that book. Wonderful! I wanted to buy it from B&N but I had to order it so I was going to order it when I didn't have the extra 75 cents--that I didn't have because Kate wanted three gumballs!--to mail and ship it. But the guy was sooo nice, he said he would take care of the 75 cents. haha, :D I felt special.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Howl-O-Scream! Amazing! I loved loved it! But no one wanted to scare the short Asian girl besides this goblin with a weird mask/stabbed horn mask and this other guy on a ledge and apparently the Phantom of the Opera wanted to jump out of bushes...at Busch Gardens...haha

xXphantomaddictedXx
10-27-2009, 01:39 AM
Speaking of Halloween parties, the Japanese Culture Club (JCC) at my college is having something called a 'Halloween Masquerade' on Friday night. I'm thinking about going to it, but I'm not sure yet. For one thing, my costume isn't finished yet because I still need a cape! But if I do go, I'm sure I'll have a great time!

Hidden Away
10-28-2009, 10:43 PM
GAH! I need to pick it up and step up the serious level by 1000! I have 3 B+s right now and for me that's failure on a plastic...NO foam plate...not Styrofoam, FOAM!

So how are the rest of your lives?

xXphantomaddictedXx
10-30-2009, 12:21 AM
So how are the rest of your lives?

My life is going fairly well right now - except for one major annoyance. I've been waiting for an e-mail from a former professor since Tuesday evening, and she hasn't written back yet! Also, it's getting closer to the time when I'll be able to register for the spring semester. The thing is, my friend needs the advice/suggestions of my former professor before we register, and if she doesn't reply in time...well...my friend'll be screwed.

Karo Kiba
10-30-2009, 01:37 AM
I'm beginning to think that I'm supposed to go work at a christian bookstore in my town. I had been wondering/praying about whether or not I should work at the bookstore. It's like the main christian bookstore in town. Either people go to neighboring towns, or go there, or order online, or they go the one on the outskirts of town. I intend to go soon and inquire about a job. You see, at first I had been wondering about getting a job there for a few weeks. Then I went shopping at target, which is in the same shopping center that the bookstore used to be in. I saw that the bookstore was no longer there. I had heard something about the owner being ill from my mother as we mused and wondered why it was no longer there. But it turned out that the bookstore had merely moved because the rent in the other shopping center was a bit too high. It is now in a shopping center that is within walking distance of my home and my school.

Hidden Away
10-31-2009, 09:42 PM
OOOOOOHHHHH MMMMYYY GOOOOODDDDDNESSSSS!

Josh Groban's new album is coming out! I really want tickets for it. You just don't know how much I want these tickets. November the ninth is a date that I need to count towards. Ha...

Wow after today only nine more. I'm so slow on the news, but I wasn't this excited about it before...I'm slow. :(

IamErik771
10-31-2009, 10:25 PM
I'd like to wish all of you a Happy Halloween! Anyone going out tonight, or making other ghoulish plans? :D I'll be dressing up as Erik and seeing the original film with Lon Chaney... complete with live organist! Naturally, I'm thrilled about that.

Raoul de Chagny
11-01-2009, 01:35 AM
Since moving to the other side of Australia I'm surprised to find that the kids here go trick or treating. I saw kids everywhere last night knocking on doors for candy and it feels strange as this is my first time seeing it.

Hardly anyone in the eastern states celebrate Halloween. And I came home from work last night to find my little sister sitting on top of the letterbox looking out for trick or treaters and inviting them to come to our house. lol.

Last night I reached my limit on my internet. :( So I'm using my sister's laptop till my net resets in 10 days. Except she has one of those tiny netbooks and it makes typing so difficult, grrrr.

Hidden Away
11-01-2009, 02:50 AM
So I was a Masquerader--none in particular from the show or anything--and it was uberly successful. I didn't go around asking for candy, but I walked around with my brother and made sure he didn't get hit by cares or anything. It was great!

Karo Kiba
11-01-2009, 03:53 AM
I went to two halloween parties. I went to one on friday night and one tonight. At both I was dressed as our beloved phantom was during the PONR scene of the stage musical since I had a black robe. My dad ordered the half mask online. So when I was at the party on friday night one guy came up to me and said "You know if you wear that mask it means you have to sing, right?" and I burst out laughing.

xXphantomaddictedXx
11-01-2009, 04:49 PM
I just stayed home and handed out candy. Problem is, we only got eight trick-or-treaters last night! But, I can understand why: because our house is near a school, and kids want to go to neighborhoods that have more houses.

Hidden Away
11-03-2009, 04:01 AM
Eight? That's so unfortunate that would kill my spirits. Well, where i love we had NO children what so ever. That's what they call the woods!

The Countess
11-04-2009, 11:58 PM
I feel like I've been but a mere ghost here, a shadow the poster I once was. We'll have to fix that won't we? It's just what with my play being cranked into high gear (dancing KILLS) and my whole TGITPC thing, it's hard to keep up with everything going on here.

Karo Kiba
11-06-2009, 01:48 AM
Did everyone hear about the fort hood tragedy? I'm sniffling right now.

Hidden Away
11-06-2009, 02:37 AM
DO you mean the shooting in Texas? It seems that November the 5th is a famous day for deaths.

RIP:
JO, JF, ELD, DR, FE
Troop 17, May their souls be happy where they are.

Karo Kiba
11-06-2009, 02:48 AM
Yup, I was referring to the shooting in Texas. RIP, brave soldiers! I can only dream of having the same courage that you guys have!

My brother aspires to be an officer in the army soon. My bf wants to be an officer in the navy and his stepbrother is NROTC. I want to try and join the navy chaplain corps.

Hidden Away
11-06-2009, 10:09 PM
It was a scary thing to read on the way to school. At the school library people were almost fighting--not exactly but you know--over the morning paper. it was pretty significant around out school.

All Soul's day was at the beginning of this month...I find it rather fitting and very appropriate.

Karo Kiba
11-10-2009, 12:18 AM
My 9 year old border collie nani (it means "pretty" in hawaiian) might possibly have cancer. She has really swollen lymph nodes. They haven't figured out whether it's just her lymes disease or cancer. The test results come in on wednesday!

xXphantomaddictedXx
11-22-2009, 04:24 AM
Hi everyone!

How is life? Does anyone have any Thanksgiving, Christmas, or general holiday plans?

I'm having two Thanksgivings this year - one at my house with my dad's side of the family - and one in San José with my mom's side of the family.

Karo Kiba
11-22-2009, 05:01 AM
I'm going to Durham, NC to be with my aunt's family! Then my aunt, my mom, and I are going to see phantom!

The Countess
11-24-2009, 11:50 AM
I'm staying at home. Just the 7 of us and my Grandma. We used to have a really big Thanksgiving at my house, but not so much any more. Me, I don't like Thanksgiving all that much. I'm all for being thankful, but I hate all the traditional food that's served.

Hidden Away
11-24-2009, 08:45 PM
I'm about to audition for Little Women! Haha Oh God! I lost my voice this Sunday and barely have it back today. We sang yesterday and I'm scared to read :( haha

inside your mind15
11-25-2009, 12:43 AM
Good Luck PJ! :D I'm sure you'll do fine! Yeah, we're not doing anything for Thanksgiving, long story. Anywho, my birthday is the day after, I'll be 18! How cool is that? :) On the drama/ music/ singing topic... I do drama, I do it with my church though. My school kids don't really like me, they are clique-ish and kinda exclude me. Whatevs. So yeah, we went to a national competition two years ago, and I also went as a solo drama! I was so proud. I guess I was pretty good. Though no one seems to think so lately. Hmmph.

Karo Kiba
11-25-2009, 12:48 AM
I'm going to see phantom thanksgiving day! We're going to Raleigh, and the neighboring city of Durham is one of the US Tour stops!

Hidden Away
11-25-2009, 03:36 AM
Oooo I'm excited for you Kiki! Thank Kristen :)

Well, it went okay. It was the acting portion but I didn't get a callback for the singing portion because I lost my voice and well....I SUCKED monday. Oh well, other things are more worthy to bother me ;)

I hope I got a part on the ensemble! I really wanted to be a hag or damsel in distress!

Karo Kiba
11-25-2009, 04:11 AM
I hope you get that part. I'm sooo excited! My aunt just commented on my status on facebook and here is what she wrote:

"Looking forward to seeing all of you! Our tickets are in the front balcony in the center section - the girl said that was a good place to see everything that goes on!"

I AM SO EXCITED!!!

Hidden Away
11-25-2009, 04:27 AM
Oooo I'm so jealous! XD hah I really want to see Phantom again, but no! I can't because we might see Blue Men or Ka in Vegas....sigh! I wanted to see Phantom because I didn't notice everything I wanted to because I tell you Brent...was amazing! I was like...I mean I sleep wonderfully that night! Sigh!

Karo Kiba
11-27-2009, 06:55 PM
It turned out I had a blonde moment and thought that we were seeing it on thanksgiving when we really were seeing it the day after, which is today!

Hidden Away
11-28-2009, 11:23 PM
How was it Kiki? Alright my main intent for posting here. Has anyone seen Blue Man (Men) Group? My parents have opted for my brother to see Phantom since he had wanted to see it, but Blue Men had won the small rascal over. It doesn't matter to me, but does anyone have an idea of what their show is like? I saw a few clips on their site and it seems like a whole lot of fun. :)

Thanks. I could always try to sneak in the Phantom either way...haha

Karo Kiba
11-28-2009, 11:44 PM
It was awesome, hidden silk! At first I heard several clips of Tim Martin Gleason and I wasn't that happy, but it turned out that he is a lot better live. Also, the "Christine was in a word sublime".

Hidden Away
11-28-2009, 11:55 PM
That's wonderful! I love Tim! He's wonderful...wait he was Phantom when you saw it right? I saw him as Raoul....oh he was dreamy! Oh yes! And I tell you...he and Kristi Holden have wonderful chemistry.

Karo Kiba
11-29-2009, 12:15 AM
He was phantom when I saw him perform! And Carlotta was played by an understudy, but the understudy did a good job!

phantom's_rose
11-29-2009, 08:29 PM
Hi everyone...just wanted to share this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHgABcLtqNE) I found in on youtube, and I thought you'd all like to see it....I, personally, liked it, but I'm still not sure what to think about the whole thing....actaually, if you look, there are a few videos on Love Never Dies....but whatever. Haha.

Anyway, I haven't been on this thread in a while. How is everyone doing?

Hidden Away
12-02-2009, 11:35 AM
Merry Christmas To You All

☃~.~Have a great one and a Happy New Year~.~☃

What are you all doing for fun or tradition purposes this wonderful Christmas Eve???

I get to sing in four part Harmony (Soprano, Contralto, Baritone, Bass) for the Children's Christmas Pageant...(I was too old to play Mary again...) ♫ And you bet I'm more than excited! ♫

tiannangel
12-26-2009, 04:58 AM
A bit late but...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Wow, I've been away for a LONG while...
Hey guys, how's everyone doing?

(Emmy, I'll get that RP started right away!!)

The Countess
12-26-2009, 01:01 PM
Oh, Tian dear. It's a post Christmas miracle! How are you doing, lovely? I've been fairly well all things considered. A bit flustered on account of my TGITPC videos, but content none the less.

Anyway, hope everybody had a very Merry Christmas. I got around $180 for shopping (King of Prussia Mall here I come) and Madrigal by Jennifer Linsforth.

Hidden Away
12-26-2009, 01:16 PM
Oooo nice. I got a lovely keepings box, some electronics, a Plushie dog (his name is Todd), loads of purses from Aunties who think I'm anti-purse (<3 them), and toe socks!!!!

tiannangel
12-27-2009, 08:20 AM
I can't believe how much I've missed everyone!

Viktoria!!
-huggle-

Miracle indeed! I'm finally off school until end of next month!!
(Thank gods, I was dead by the end of school term.)

Which means you'll be seeing me around way more often. ;D
I need to catch up on so much, I reckon...There are so many new people to the forum...I need to go through the Opening Aria again...

I know, I've been keeping up to date with with your vids, they're great!!
(I'm clamp2005 on youtube, btw)

For xmas, I got a ring from my boyfriend for our four month anniversary! *wheee*
So I'm kinda high over that.
I got tickets to see Wicked as well!! (the musical was brilliant)
Annnddd I got a couple of DVDs, a lightsaber which is AWESOME and a plushie. ;D

Hidden Away
12-27-2009, 08:37 AM
That sound nice tickets, ring, lightsaber what more XD

My parents have just informed me that they will make more than every effort to get me tickets to Joeh Groban's concert and I tell ya, I have the silliest, cheesiest, most distracting thing on the world crush on him ever...

Do you know how excited I am...I will be so happy they're trying to get them on my birthday. So apparently he has a concert on my birthday since his first tour...and tours from what my cousin says starts around seven and I was born at six fifty five haha When I asked these for Christmas they asked about my sweet 16 I was like forget that I want to spend my 16th birthday watching his concert

Wow complete nothingness rant… love you all

tiannangel
12-27-2009, 08:56 AM
Oh, trust me, you're not the only one. And I have a boyfriend too, and he is so sick of me ranting about Josh Groban. ;D
I know, I do it on purpose though to piss him off. x)

*SQUEALS IN JEALOUSY*

I wish I lived in the USA. NO JOSH GROBAN IN AUS!! *cries*

Lol, it's okay to rant. I LOVE RANTING!!

Hidden Away
12-27-2009, 09:02 AM
He actually went to Sydney about two years ago he did an awake concert and I'm sire he is going there for his next album. He has many grobanites there too XD so I'm sure he has reason to go there...so I really want to know what songs he's going to have on his new CD that what I wanted for Christmas so I didn't reallly open anyhing I had like five presents that were begs with stuf inside there is a list above XD

so the tickets are my true Christmas wish...and yea I purposely rant to my guy friends about him. I was this close to being outcasted from their table XD ^5

IamErik771
12-31-2009, 04:53 PM
I'd like to wish everyone a Happy New Year! Hope everyone has an awesome 2010, and congratulations to all on making our forum such an awesome place for Phans this whole year. :D

Hidden Away
12-31-2009, 05:19 PM
*claps for above*

I have a huge feeling that this is better than phantomoftheopera.com but that's just me :) I love it here and I love you all :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR (for those that already had it *shouts out to the Philippines and other side of the world*) I'm really bad at keeping up what time everyone is approximately at least :) hehe

Karo Kiba
12-31-2009, 11:14 PM
Happy new year everyone!

Soprano Rose
12-31-2009, 11:24 PM
Happy New Year, everyone. Have an awesome 2010!

Hidden Away
01-01-2010, 05:09 AM
Happy New Year to those on the east coast

tiannangel
01-24-2010, 11:43 AM
Hey everyone, what's been happening laely?

I've been too out of it for a few days to get back on, but hey, here I am again. I hope people aren't getting too sick of my disappearing act...

On another note, I've been sleeping terribly for the past week, and it's really starting to show right now. My RP muse has been under a bit of strain, as well as just everything in general, including my body. I have no idea how to make it stop...
Does anyone have any advice for a good night's sleep? I'm long overdue for one.

phantom's_rose
01-26-2010, 11:31 PM
Thanks James! Thanks PJ! Thanks Kiki! (thats my best friend's name :D) I lahve yoou allll. (:

HI TIANNAAA. [just kidding]Oh no way missy. I'm very sick of the act. I've stopped throwing roses onto your personal stage. I quit! I'm not a part of your audience anymore! I'm sick of waiting for you to pop out from behind the curtians! GOOD BYE![/just kidding] Um....Lunesta! I dunno if you have it over there in Aussieland, but it's the only sleeping medicine I've ever heard of. ;)

OH! ANNNNOUUUNCEMENTTT! I have become obsessed. I am in loooove with this smiley: :wiggle: He is just the darned most adorable thing I've ever seen! So if it's possible, I claim it. Haha. Just kidding. You can all use it, I don't care. But I loooove him! Can we name him Bob? That seems like the most suitable name for this little guy. Gosh! He just so darn cute! <3 I absolutely have to put him in my siggy.

Ok. Sorry. I'll shut up now.

MystMoonstruck
01-27-2010, 03:04 AM
As a lifelong insomniac (I really do mean that, having been troubled even in childhood), I have tried many tricks to help ease me into sleep, to stay asleep and to fall back asleep, as I have problems at all stages. I've learned that my ADHD and fibromyalgia have a lot to do with this, so I've explored a lot.

Here's a site with some good hints, including homeopathic remedies:
http://www.healthy.net/scr/Article.aspx?Id=653

One OTC that has helped me is carried by Walgreens. If I recall, it's called "Midnight"; I don't have a package of it handy, so i'm going from memory. If I find that there is more to the name, I'll come back to add it. They have it in chewables and in regular tablets; I get the latter because there are more tablets for the money, which is about $10 at our store. I've tried Calm's Forte, but it didn't help me as much. I have to watch Valerian, as too much of it in a remedy can nauseate me.

Chamomile tea is a good choice, and many people still swear by warm milk though I could never stand to drink the latter.

Village BathTherapy has lavender for the bath in three forms: bath salts, powder and liquid. Take a warm bath laced with lavender for a soothing experience. With my other problems (fibro and other pain syndromes), I also add other Village treatments, including one for children that used to be packaged for adults; I think they have it listed as a cold/flu remedy, as it contains eucalyptus.

Mrs Nadir Khan
01-27-2010, 03:20 AM
A natural, no-meds-involved way to get a night's sleep is to take a hot shower right before bed. Because your body naturally drops temperature when it's time to sleep, the hot shower increases your temp and getting out drops it more dramatically than normal, which aids in sleep. I read it in an article yesterday.

tiannangel
01-28-2010, 03:24 AM
Emmy: I AM HEARTBROKEN, HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME!? I thought you loved me...-sniff-
</jokes>

Thanks guys for the advice!

Myst: I could never stand warm milk either, I detest it. I do drink a lot of tea, but we don't current;y have any chamomile at our house...Maybe I should get my mum to help me buy some.
I could try the meds, but my parents are strict in that terms. They wouldn't like it at all if I told them I needed sleeping pills or such, so I'm not sure. I might bring it up one day, but right now...it's a risk.

Cassie: Oh, I've never tried that before...I generally take a shower only before dinner, and it's quite a few hours after that that I sleep.
I'll try it tonight, thanks!

MystMoonstruck
01-28-2010, 03:30 AM
The homeopathic remedy I mentioned is a herbal one that includes Valerian and other ingredients known to help with sleep, as chamomile tea does. They're natural remedies with no side effects if used in proper proportions. I have a dreadful time sleeping and have really missed having those tablets, which seemed to relax me and quiet the "mental chatter" that goes with ADHD and fibromyalgia. I tried a new kind, but it doesn't have the same effect.

I'm a bath person, not a shower one, but I agree that it has a soothing effect. Good luck with that, as it would be such a simple solution.

I hope we've been able to help you in some ways.

xXphantomaddictedXx
02-22-2010, 11:03 PM
Hi, everyone!! How is life?

I'm happy because on Wednesday, I'll have been with James for a whole year! We don't plan to do much to celebrate (just a phone call), but it's the thought that counts. I really love him, and I know he loves me, too. We have some of the best conversations about anything and everything under the Jellicle Moon. He's my Angel. ♥

Isabella Delancy
02-23-2010, 10:14 PM
Yay congratulations to you and James, Sarah! *would say it to him too if he ever decided to reappear* A year is a super long time to be together and you two seem to compliment one another well, so yay! You should celebrate in this thread too so we can all join in with you. :D

I have an audition tomorrow for the Wizard of Oz. Am going for Dorothy and Glinda but not expecting either. I know who'll be cast as Dorothy already because she's done lots of things and is a good singer. Not to say I'm bad, but I know she'll be cast as her. Still, it's all experience and it doesn't hurt to try, right?

How's everyone else doing? *prod*

La Masque
02-24-2010, 12:15 AM
LOL, life is good. I finally got Carly to join the madness of the site and as soon as she decides to re-appear from her sickbed and get off her bum to the laptop, then we can get to some good old postage.

I have recently been signed up for yet another four field trips, a science fair, and, this may shock you.......a pageant!!!!

*all fall out dead*

Yes, a business pageant that will require lots of rest, research, and a black business suit. I'm still not sure how I was able to get myself roped into that one. We got our registration forms for highschool the other day, and the retards on my school board changed the standard from twenty two to twenty six credits, which means that if I want to keep band then I have to push choir back another year if I want to get the most out of my schedule and will not be able to rejoin until tenth grade. *le-sigh* It sucks, but if I push it back then I can have it the full year instead of a semester. Which unfortunately means that other than the shower and my homework/chore period when I sing to my ALW CD, my voice is being horribly neglected. In more recent news, I was blackmailed into trickery today and spent about a half an hour thinking of what to do.

First thought: WWCDD? (What would Christine Daae do?)
Whine about being tricked and make her boyfriend out of it.
Response: NOOOOO!!!!!!

Second thought: WWED? (What would Erik do? {duh!})
Possibly co-operate for the time being then plot a horrible venganceful revenge that the blackmailer wouldn't soon forget.
Response: Tempting...but my evil thoughts aren't necessarily doable or school appropriate unless they stoop down to a childish level that couldn't even be related to WWED?

WWRD? (What would Raoul do?)
I didn't even put any thought into this one, I would never mimic Raoul in any way shape or form.

In the end I decided to bow to her temporary whim to avoid a powerful blow, (damn blackmail) and then let my thoughts smolder in a concealed journal until an appropriate time for vengance reveals itself....and I shall pick my time carefully. Sweet and innocent as unsuspectingly as possible then when she slips to reveal her slimy undercoating I shall yank the covers off and unveil her childish little masquerade!!!!!

Soooooo...what's new with you guys?

phantom's_rose
02-24-2010, 03:18 AM
Hey guys! Agh, I've been gone so much lately! I'm such a horrible person. Again, I blame school...and band. But I love band, sooo....it didn't do anything wrong. ^_^

Anyway. I came here to share THIS! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijtyhy0nTNI) with you all! This made my day. I screamed when it came on the TV. :D

So, how is everyone?

xXphantomaddictedXx
02-24-2010, 03:40 AM
Yay congratulations to you and James, Sarah! *would say it to him too if he ever decided to reappear* A year is a super long time to be together and you two seem to compliment one another well, so yay! You should celebrate in this thread too so we can all join in with you. :D

Yes, we certainly do! Y'know, sometimes I think he and I were always meant to be. It would make quite a bit of sense, because he's basically me in male form. We have so much in common that it's hard for us to find things that we don't have in common. Also, I'm wondering if his ears are burning right now; in other words, if he knows I'm making this post and thinking of him. :updown2:

Hidden Away
02-24-2010, 12:29 PM
Aww a year! I remember when you boh we almost too shy to talk..I think. It was a year ago gosh! Haha

anywho...I am officially normal! I have a D right now in Englihs due to six question quizzes and the fact I get home late from rehearsals...I think it's the fact that the teacher is not my favorite in particular...maybe...yikes I gotta bring that up! Pray or cross fingers for me..please!

La Masque
02-24-2010, 01:44 PM
You have a D in 'Englihs' oh my, no wonder LOL. Sorry PJ, I couldn't resist the tease, but you know I still love you deep down.

Hidden Away
02-24-2010, 05:21 PM
Sorry it's my itouch keypad so yea...that made me feel worse...haha oh well a test and a few in class things...and ummmm yea loads of other quizzes and vocabulary. I've just been grtting home at midnight every night so I can't study for 6 question quizzes...haha twenty seven pages...=six question quiz...miss three you fail!

La Masque
02-25-2010, 12:45 AM
Well, I understand...that's why I'm thankful most of our quizzes here have about ten to fifteen questions with the handful of twenty to one hundred and the really rare make-or-break-point in the semester six question pop quizzes.

That reminds me, I think you guys will get a kick out of this.

AWESOME BACKSTORY TIME!!
Our Algebra teacher taught us this dorky song about a week ago to the tune of pop goes the weasel that is supposed to help us remember the Quadratic Forumla (It works, but it's horribly catchy and you end up humming it all day). Well we were joking around saying that we needed to add some funk to the song and turn it into a rap or something; then one of the preppy kids said 'yeah, let's make it set to the tune of tiktok!' (this is the link to the song if you don't know it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP6XpLQM2Cs) so anyway, the teacher didn't know the song so prettymuch everyone in class burst into poor vocal harmony and since then it's always been the class joke.

TO THE FUTURE!
Today in Algebra.......

We had to take our chapter test on Quadratics, and she was leaving us with a sub. Well, our Algebra teach is a cool woman, so instead of putting in one of those panpipe/piano discs that are supposed to calm you down but instead end up boring you to tears (or if you're lucky sleep!) she turned on the radio. We set it to Alice 107.7 and she left us with the sub. Then as soon as all of the tests were passed out the commercials stopped and tiktok started playing and everyone launched into song and a couple kids danced. The poor sub was dazed, but so amused that none of us got written up.

Hidden Away
02-25-2010, 01:33 AM
I win in day I brought up my grade ten points! YES AWESOME ESSAY TOPICS! 81/C!!! B here I come!

Haha I'm so grade obsessed!

La Masque
02-25-2010, 02:00 AM
Gosh PJ, you're such a dweeb! LOL *pokes PJ*

So what was the amazing ten point earning topic?

xXphantomaddictedXx
02-25-2010, 06:01 AM
Aww a year! I remember when you boh we almost too shy to talk..I think. It was a year ago gosh! Haha

It isn't that we were too shy to talk so much as we were too shy to admit our true feelings. We didn't - and still don't - have a problem with having a normal conversation, but when it came to telling the other we wanted more than just friendship, it was like running into a brick wall. In fact, I had to pry whatever James had to say on the matter out of him with a proverbial crowbar!

xXphantomaddictedXx
03-11-2010, 02:12 AM
*clears toad from throat*

I wouldn't double-post, but it's been awhile since someone posted here, and I have some HUGE news. James is officially coming to Sacramento this May! The tentative date for his arrival is May 30th - and, yes, we are still figuring certain things out - but at least the date is set. He'll be here for two weeks!

La Masque
03-12-2010, 02:17 AM
OOOMMMMMGGGG!!! *smothertacklehuggle* Sara!!! That is so totally awesomeness, and WHY was I not invited to this little pow-wow??!

La Masque
03-18-2010, 04:33 AM
DO NOT PELT ME WITH ROTTEN FOODS AND DROP MY CEILING FAN ( sadly I have no chandelier) ON ME FOR DISOBEYING THE RULES AND DOUBLE POSTING!!

Ok, I just thought that you all would find this pee your pants amusing, so I am posting it for all to see. Three more nicknames have been added to my infinantly long list of nicknames.

The first is Pablo-explanation: We decided to watch The Backyardagains at a sleepover last saturday and my friends kindly compared me to the cute, chubby penguin with the funny beanie hat. <3 I'M A PENGUIN!!!

The second is Chipmunk-explanation: There was an incident at lunch that involved two rolls of fruit by the foot, a milkshake. and a plate of nachos. I prettymuch chugged the milkshake with no brainfreeze, ate both fruit by the foot with no stopping (like chugging but with food) If you've ever seen the snake eaters on animal planet or fairs, I'm pretty sure that's what it looked like, then I shoved half the bowl of nachos in my face at once and swallowed without choking. I was able to do this because I have huge, puffy cheeks from tuba playing (I'm suprised they aren't baggy) and someone said I looked like a chipmunk....so yeah. I'M A CUTE LITTLE WOODLAND CREATURE1 <3

The third Spider-explanation: my character Kat was called Spider in high-school and now her alias translates into 'false widow' as in black widow spider. So they think I'm like her, and gave me her name.

xXphantomaddictedXx
04-03-2010, 08:09 PM
*clears toad from throat*

I thought everyone might be interested to know that most of the details have now been figured out. James will be in Sacramento from May 30th until June 10th, when he flies to San Francisco to spend a few days with someone else. Oh, and he'll fly back to Oahu from San Francisco on June 13th. He and I are just thrilled at the prospect of actually meeting in person, and even more thrilled that it's really going to happen! :spin2:

Karo Kiba
04-04-2010, 01:54 AM
Awww! That's soo sweet and romantic! I wish I had someone, but an online relationship isn't what I want at the moment. I want someone that I can actually see on a regular basis, you know?

The Countess
04-04-2010, 03:56 AM
Augh, I haven't been on in so long! All this ranting and TGITPC business has me all in a frenzy and I barely have a moment to myself. How's it kicking?

phantom's_rose
04-07-2010, 02:45 PM
Ok, so if any of you guys read my post in the OOC thread, I lied. I'm gonna be gone for three more days.

Well here's the story. There was a soccer game last night that lasted extra late cause they had to wait for the tornado sirens to stop going off. I got home late and I was really tired. So I woke up this morning, and I think Hmmm...no one has bothered to wake me up yet, so I'll keep sleeping. But then I look at the clock again and see I have 20 minutes till my bus got here, so I freak out and start screaming at my little brother, and my mom come's down and is like "Dude, Emily, chill, I'll take you to school. Go get ready."

So now I'm completely disoriented, but then my mom walks into my room with my suitcase and my little brother and her start singing me Happy Birthday. So now I'm thinking, Great, so I'm getting Punked? And then my mom's all like, "Emily, I'm taking you on a birthday vacation. You're not going to school for the next three days." (which means I'm missing drumline, AGH!)
So bottom line, I'm going to see Phantom in Vegas.

Man, my life is so messed up. :no: I'll be sure and take pictures and crap....I wish I could bring you all with me! :(

xXphantomaddictedXx
04-08-2010, 12:42 AM
So now I'm completely disoriented, but then my mom walks into my room with my suitcase and my little brother and her start singing me Happy Birthday. So now I'm thinking, Great, so I'm getting Punked? And then my mom's all like, "Emily, I'm taking you on a birthday vacation. You're not going to school for the next three days." (which means I'm missing drumline, AGH!)
So bottom line, I'm going to see Phantom in Vegas.

OH, MY GOSH!! EMMY!!

You are so lucky to actually get to have this experience! I remember - and I know this sounds pathetic - being terrified when I saw POTO in Vegas. However, it was my first experience, so you have to give me some credit for being able to sit through the whole thing.

By the way, your mom sounds a lot like my dad. When we were going to Vegas, he woke me up at five o'clock in the morning and told me there was good news and bad news. The good news was, of course, that we were going to Vegas. The bad news was that I had to get up right away if I wanted to go. :lmao:

xXphantomaddictedXx
04-22-2010, 08:05 PM
-clears toad from throat-

We are just about a month away from the big meeting, and though I can't speak for James, I know I'm thrilled beyond reason! I've made our "Do-Not-Disturb" sign, which should come in handy if we decide we'd like to kiss for awhile. And we've also decided to do some webcam chats and phone calls while he's here - just to freak my parents out a bit.

The Countess
04-23-2010, 05:10 AM
That's great Emmy! You'll have a fabulous time. Is this going to be your first time seeing the show live?

Aw, Sarah, you two are just too cute. I hope that you have a phantastic time with one and another.

CarlyInBloom
04-23-2010, 01:27 PM
Sarah, I wanna say both YAY!! :lovies: and congrats. You guys are pulling something off that most adults don't have the courage to do when they meet on websites MADE for dating!!!

And Emmy, I will officially starve myself so I can fit in your carry-on (says the fat kid UGH 56kg) just tell me what airport you will be at, and I shall find you OK?:goofy:

xXphantomaddictedXx
04-25-2010, 11:33 PM
Oh, we will, I'm sure. As I said before, I can't speak for Angel (otherwise known as James), but I just know we'll have a great time! Also, I know, and I'll pass your words onto Angel when I speak to him later. I've been in Reno all weekend, so all he and I had for communication was phone calls. It was kind of fun, though, because we ended up killing his phone last night and killing mine this morning! This is because we ended up staying on the phone for an hour and twenty-five minutes last night and an hour and fifteen minutes this morning. :2love:

IamErik771
05-01-2010, 04:20 AM
Thanks for the well-wishes, everyone! Yes, it's true -- Sarah and I will be meeting exactly one month from today! I can't wait... I know it'll be awesome. :2love:

xXphantomaddictedXx
05-01-2010, 04:26 AM
Yes, it's true -- Sarah and I will be meeting exactly one month from today! I can't wait... I know it'll be awesome. :2love:

Tell me about it, Angel. Our meeting is going to be one of epic proportions if all goes well. I love you so much, and it's impossible to imagine my life without you. :kiss:

La Masque
05-03-2010, 02:23 AM
*squeeeeeeee!!!* john and i have been going out for a full year as of last friday!!!!!!!! I'm still excited!!

xXphantomaddictedXx
05-04-2010, 02:26 AM
I have a picture I'd like to share. Angel took it last night and e-mailed it to me later on, and it's really funny.

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff207/cruiselover1989/Other/AppleatSupermarket.jpg

It's just what it looks like: a partially eaten apple someone left in a grocery store aisle.

xXphantomaddictedXx
05-13-2010, 03:05 PM
-clears toad from throat-

We only have seventeen days before the big meeting, and now I really can speak for Angel. He's just as, if not more, excited than I am to come to Sacramento and visit me for ten days. Also, we're still talking about things we want to do, although we've added some places we want to eat at to the list. I've also helped him make a list of everything he needs to bring with him - including my presents - so that he won't forget anything. He'll be here before I know it!

Hidden Away
05-31-2010, 03:39 AM
Oh my gosh!! Seventy-five people have been online today. Wow! But that's no wherenear the 772...wow...there's that many members? Wow...

So who's out of school and who isn't?

A_Single_Rose
05-31-2010, 04:00 AM
Bleh! *raises hand* Still in school! But only 17 real days left until the end! Then on to Summer vacation... then Senior Year... Whoot! Phew, does time fly.

Hidden Away
05-31-2010, 08:36 PM
I 18 days AWAY from Summer!!!!!!!!! I don't understand how it's this huge phenomenon and then a few days after being out you say, "I miss the friends!"

Haha! Anyways! I am on my way to JUNIOR YEAR!!!! LET'S DO THIS THING! I am soooo ready, but let's just say, I'm not ready to see how the school will do without the teachers that are leaving us... :(

phantom's_rose
06-04-2010, 11:18 PM
*barges in* OK! PHANTOM-Y NEWS!

So a while ago, I was on myspace, randomly going through these bands that no one new about (funny whatcha find on myxer.) One of the bands I added, ONE11 Band, accepted me. These three guys can't be older than probably 16. Later, they commented on my profile:

No more talk of darkness, forget these wide eyed fears,

we are here, no one will harm you

our songs will warm and guide

we were bound to love you

we are glad you added us

And I think I just about FAINTED. It says how I'm totally obsessed with Phantom on my page, so I suppose they read it. :)

1, 2, 3, 4, 5...Woah! Five days till school is OUT! FINALLY!!! But today, we got our schedules for next year...and our MARCHING BAND MUSIC!! It was like the best day of school of my entire life, up until 6th hour, but that's another story. I'm so excited for 2010-11. (:

xXphantomaddictedXx
06-05-2010, 04:17 AM
So Angel and I are having a time of epic proportions, and have been taking A TON of photos. We have already been to a movie, visited some of my neighbors, and generally just loved on each other to no end. :wink: Also, my parents really seem to like him, and that just thrills me to no end. When he leaves for the night, he calls me as soon as he's in his hotel room, and we talk about the day's events and what we want to do the next day. Oh, and in case anyone's wondering how our prank went, it was brilliant!

IamErik771
06-05-2010, 04:25 AM
Hehehe... Yep, Sarah's right here next to me as I write this (and I was looking over her shoulder as she posted just now). It's going great; I love the weather here in Sacramento, my hotel is awesome, and Darling and I are super-happy together. Those of you who are our friends on Facebook may have seen our photos (and we'll have more to show you soon, we promise). I'm looking forward to getting to spend the next few days exploring, seeing the sights, and simply cuddling with her. :2love:

inside your mind15
06-12-2010, 03:57 AM
Yeah, so school is out for me. Actually, I just graduated high school. Woo. I know I don't sound excited. I'm kinda in the transition to being excited, if that makes any sense. Anywho, I'll be going to college in the fall at a small private university near where I live. I can commute, so it's cheaper. Anyone in college who was fearful of freshman year? I am. ;)

xXphantomaddictedXx
06-12-2010, 04:28 PM
Yeah, so school is out for me. Actually, I just graduated high school. Woo. I know I don't sound excited. I'm kinda in the transition to being excited, if that makes any sense. Anywho, I'll be going to college in the fall at a small private university near where I live. I can commute, so it's cheaper. Anyone in college who was fearful of freshman year? I am. ;)

I know exactly how you feel. When I was transitioning, I was also nervous, but I made the mistake of denying it. The last thing you want to do is deny you're nervous because it just makes everything worse in the long run. Also, don't overload yourself with classes, and don't think college is going to be all fun and games -- because it isn't! Plus, make sure you know what your professors' office hours are really for -- or you could get into some serious trouble.

Hope that helps!

Hidden Away
06-12-2010, 05:07 PM
I know exactly how you feel. When I was transitioning, I was also nervous, but I made the mistake of denying it. The last thing you want to do is deny you're nervous because it just makes everything worse in the long run. Also, don't overload yourself with classes, and don't think college is going to be all fun and games -- because it isn't! Plus, make sure you know what your professors' office hours are really for -- or you could get into some serious trouble.

Hope that helps!

What do you mean by Professors' office hours? As in they are busy in those hours? Or...I really don't know what you mean by that. XD Maybe it is a college term? It seems important...

xXphantomaddictedXx
06-12-2010, 08:37 PM
Office hours are the times your professor(s) are in their offices and willing to help students. There was one professor I had at a time where I didn't know how to use office hours correctly, and I got into some serious trouble. The correct use of them is going there when you need help -- NOT to socialize -- and I didn't know that at the time.

Karo Kiba
06-13-2010, 03:30 AM
Ugh, college planning is going to be even more complex for me because of my disability! But I have the right information now and I think I can pull it off! Not everyone here has to worry about getting psychological testing and other evaluations done before going off to college! I have to make sure my diagnosis is documented properly and sort of reconfirmed before going off to college. I also might be eligible for more financial aid and certain scholarships because of my diagnosis. I have aspergers' syndrome, a mirroring tremor, and difficulties with both fine and gross motor skills. I also have ADD.

Hidden Away
06-18-2010, 05:05 PM
School is out! I can role play now! I cried so much through exams! What a pain they are! Hopefully I passed them all. And note to self next year!!! Do not procrastinate!!!! All college credit classes in high school are quite a load...it'll be a nightmare to even day dream through for a second.

A new musical theater director, artisitic director, executive director, dance coach, ballet instructor, and vocal coach...and loads of other new teachers AND new light board!!!! (I'm liking the idea of a new light board and catwalk but not so much with teachers...) More College classes, show choir took their first shot at regionals, made it and placed first, and now out of states goal next year...unknown shows, musicals and sets... Three kids moving away in my grade, 135 incoming freshman...on an average of 90 freshman a year (yea 135 makes a difference)

What a list of things that will happen...

I just have a small statement.

JUNIOR YEAR HERE I COME!!!! Bring it on!!!

As small as I am, let's do this!