The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera Beyond the Paris Opera The Work of a Genius The Persian's Writing
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Viktoria | Gender: A proper young lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 1,438 | Roses: 144
Old 08-03-2009 at 01:26 AM
The Countess
Wandering Child
I will not give up my own self...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
I Need Help!: The Writer's Block Thread  Post [1]

In the world of writing and phan phiction, this is the mother of all evil. The accursed writer's block has plauged every author at least once. This is a thread to help remedy that problem. Either post your worries about your story to get advice or be the one to give the advice. Hopefully with this thread, the writers of TPO can be put at ease.

Note: This is NOT a place to post chapters or entire phics. You may however post excerpt from your story if you believe that that will help others to help you.
The Countess's Profile Send Private Message The Countess's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Kirah | Gender: Female | Posts: 55 | Roses: 10
Old 08-03-2009 at 04:02 AM
Kiri_Giry
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2]

Thank god we all need this rght? haha I'll be sure to post.

Baby, it may seem as if there is nothing left for us but to cry, but honey for us there is nothing but blue sky.
Kiri_Giry's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Laura | Gender: Female | Age: 26 | Posts: 279 | Roses: 0
Old 08-03-2009 at 04:26 AM
Ange de Musique
Wandering Child
Blessed4Eternity

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3]

Great thread idea! I was suffering writer's block for months but had another very creative person (My Mom, lol) relieve it. I'll be sure to come back though! :D

"What you do in this life echoes in eternity."
Ange de Musique's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Viktoria | Gender: A proper young lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 1,438 | Roses: 144
Old 08-03-2009 at 11:58 PM
The Countess
Wandering Child

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4]

Ha, I thought people would.

Okay, so I'm having a little case of WB so I hope that someone can help me.

Here's the scene: It's only minutes after Christine and Raoul discovered that Erik is in fact not dead. After a heated arguement from all characters (including the Persian), Erik insists that C/R come to his lair which is now in shambles so they can "come with us". C/R have no idea what's to become of them. So they're at Erik's house after a few more conflicts and what I need to happen is for Raoul and the Persian to leave the room so Erik can tell Christine what's happening (and have him attempt to engage her in a heart-to-heart). The problem is, I have no ideas for a legnimate exit for Raoul who is very protective of Christine at this point in the story but this event also must be done. Any ideas?
The Countess's Profile Send Private Message The Countess's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 08-04-2009 at 04:08 AM
Ange de Musique
Wandering Child
Blessed4Eternity

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5]

Hmm. Well, here's my idea, it might be stupid or irrelevant, but here goes. :D Does Raoul's brother/family know where he is? If not, perhaps Raoul's brother could come looking for him. Have Raoul's brother set off some sort of alarm that Erik recognizes. Have him stubbornly refuse to go help Raoul's brother and say that he wants to speak with Christine--alone. Raoul can either choose to stay with Christine, or go help his brother who could be in dire straits.

Would that work for you?

~Laura

Old 08-04-2009 at 04:25 AM
The Countess
Wandering Child

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [6]

Oh, that's such a good idea but unfortunatly the death of Raoul's brother was made a big deal. But perhaps it could just be a random person or something. I like the idea and I think I can work it into my story. Yay writer's block healed! One brownie point for Laura.

Old 08-04-2009 at 05:08 AM
Ange de Musique
Wandering Child
Blessed4Eternity

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [7]

Hooray!! :D I'm happy to have helped, I know how infuriatingly frustrating writer's block is. X(

Old 08-04-2009 at 10:53 PM
The Countess
Wandering Child

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [8]

Oh, it most certainly is the ultimate evil.

The chapter I was stuck on his coming along nicely now. It has a lot more meaning in the story than I thought I would. I'm about 8 pages in and I'm almost done so you'll be seeing the chapter up (with Laura's idea) fairly soon.

Name: Patricia Jane [pətrɪʃə dʒeɪn] | Gender: Lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 2,327 | Roses: 50
Old 08-05-2009 at 04:10 AM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [9]

A suggestion to prevent writer's block is to think crazy things and write it down. See it in your mind, slow-motion it through your head. If your going to write something dramatic make it so dramatic in your mind that it's going to be fake. If it's supposed to be funny, do something so depressing that it's funny. Just something that's completely out of the norm. Don't let your brain suffer through numb hours of mind racking! Write it down!

Clustering brain webs work too...also just taking a moment to meditate before touching that power button or pen works well too ;)

We were angels once, don't you remember? Joys in life, inside our souls; and nobody knows, just you and me. It's our secret.
And your child-like eyes, and your distant smile; I'll never be this happy again! You and I. And no one else. || Maybe he'll come today. Maybe he came already...
Hidden Away's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Natalia | Gender: Female | Posts: 2,742 | Roses: 50
Old 08-05-2009 at 07:45 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [10]

I had suffered WB for 2 years when it came to my owe stories which for me is a nightmare as ever since I was 8 I have been writing stories I had tried everything but I must agree with the whole 'writing anything that comes to mind.'

Sometimes when I write I have no idea what I'm writing until I've stopped and read it again I think that one course is that over think things to much, second guess something or think to themselves it just doesn't work to this I suggest making copies if you are having trouble try different things and maybe even start again (I had to do this)

Sometimes it helps to just leave a story alone for awhile and come back to it with a fresh mind or ask other people for idea's see how they'd write it can sometimes help to.

RP has helped me a lot and in the two years of RP I haven't so much as tried writing my owe stories again but RPing keeps your skill's sharp.

Sometimes it's location CHANGE IT put yourself in the story see what you'd do.

So those are my ideas and though I still suffer with one story.... HORROR... maybe I'll ask about it after I try doing it again.

Hope these ideas help.

witch's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote