The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera Beyond the Paris Opera The Work of a Genius The Tombstone
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Di | Gender: Lady | Posts: 131 | Roses: 8
Old 06-27-2007 at 12:17 AM
Masqued Mystery
Wandering Child
Clever Soprano

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [41]

Thanks! :) Heh, actually, you're in luck, Chrissy, because there were some things I forgot to put in that post but couldn't be bothered double posting. :p

Anywaaayyy, here they are!

These are for an avatar contest thingy on another site:
Beauxbatons v.1
Hogwarts v.1
Durmstrang v.1
Beauxbatons v.2
Hogwarts v.2
Durmstrang v.2
Beauxbatons v.3
Hogwarts v.3
Durmstrang v.3

Aaand, these two are for characters of mine on another site. I'm considering on bringing one or both of them over here, though...

Isolde
Elusive Dream

Hope you all like! :D

All I want is a second chance...

Just another person obsessed with the Ball!
I'm open for roleplaying with anyone, anytime. Just PM me.
Masqued Mystery's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts

Name: (Ch)Rissy/Riss | Gender: Goddess | Posts: 4,070 | Roses: 100
Old 06-27-2007 at 12:41 AM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [42]

Yes, I do like! Ghee! Richard Harris was the best Dumbledore, in my opinion. I'm glad you used him. Keep it up, Chicka!!

If I can't hear the music, and the audience is gone,

I'll dance here on my own.

Banners by Rose, my sister, and me.
masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts

Name: Rowan | Gender: female | Posts: 134 | Roses: 0
Old 06-27-2007 at 01:16 AM
Phantom-ess
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [43]

Yes, I am Rowan Aella over on DA.net. Not one of my more creative moments. You're Cassy (Dorcas) Meadowes on GN right? I do hope DA.net and GN go back up soon though. Mira's giving me a migraine....

oops, my thoughts tend to run away with me when I type...Now back to on topic things...I love all of your avatars! I've never been able to create them and make them look nice. Guess it's just not enough space for me. I prefer wallpapers, banners, and the occasional header ;) The Isolde banner takes the cake for me as my favorite banner you've posted so far. Maybe because I'm very fond of the area called blending options on Photoshop....

Anyways, keep up the great art!

Phantom-ess's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts

Old 06-30-2007 at 02:41 AM
Masqued Mystery
Wandering Child
Clever Soprano

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [44]

Yup, I'm Cassy in GN. :p I hope we can get that started again, getting bored...

Buuut anyway, thanks very much! I do appreciate your praise, guys, it makes me feel great that you like my work. :) And, I only happen to have one piece of art to show you right now (because I'm lazy, can't be bothered with more right now, and want to show it off badly), and it's a Venetian Carnivale wallpaper I made with various pictures I got off Yahoo! and Google. :D Hope ya like it. I don't want to be vain, but I'm in love with this thing and it's my own current wallpaper.

Bal Masque

Also, it's 1280x800 which is my funky weird screen size, but it'll probably fit onto your other screens too if ya wanna use it.

Name: MystMoonstruck aka Cyn | Gender: REDHEAD! | Posts: 5,059 | Roses: 235
Old 06-30-2007 at 03:17 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [45]

Ooh! What a beautiful wally! I recognize all of the images in it; you've placed/blended/faded them so beautifully that it becomes very dreamlike.

My wally looks so--well--so-so in comparison. But, I'd love to give all of these costumes more of a show. We'll keep dazzling everyone with Venetian Carnivale, won't we? Before long, each participant might be saying, "Oh! my character is wearing that!"

The avatars are neat little bits of graphics. I still haven't tried to make any of those. I must admit that I'm not into HP, so I can't judge the avatars beyond saying, "They're CUTE!" (I do like the Malfoys and Snape from what I have seen.)

I would say your thread is growing at quite a rapid pace. Hooray!

Amazing Mysty?! Me?? REALLY?! Thanks so much for the ego boo! Why, it might grow so much that I won't be able to get through doors--my ego, that is--just in case anybody wondered what sort of bizarre mental image they were supposed to summon up. LOL!

After I posted, a went to the preceding page to see anything I might have missed. You already know that I think your Masquerade banner is one of the loveliest ones I've seen. You took a remarkable picture and adapted it into such a dreamlike piece of art. Yes. I like it--a lot.

I blame my very poor eyesight that I have trouble reading some fonts, especially on some backgrounds. I wish I had the sharpness of vision to truly appreciate all of your GFX. (I love that! Mascii used GFX instead of "graphics", and I think that's sooooo neat! I'm sure everyone else knew this long before, right?)

I might return to add more commentary as I get to study your art.

MystMoonstruck's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts

Old 07-05-2007 at 03:55 AM
Masqued Mystery
Wandering Child
Clever Soprano

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [46]

Thank you very much, Mysty. :D And yes, you are amazing, not only in graphics, mind you, you... nice person. :) </does not have a way with words>

Right, aside from thaaaat, I have two graphics to share with all of you tonight. One of them is my current siggy that I just didn't bother to post, and the other I whipped up just tonight because I wanted to use a special gradient in GIMP.

Angel Eyes -- It's just sort of... random. About a character of mine on another site, or just Winona Ryder. I do like her, but I need more pics of her. I feel so limited. *dramatic sigh*

Aaaand the second which you all have probably seen by now, is my siggeh *points down*. Kidding, I'll post the URL too. :p

Another Masque

So, jaaa... I don't make graphics constantly every day they are my breath and food, just when inspiration strikes me or I get a REQUEST... *coughhintnudgeplease* </desperate>

Old 07-10-2007 at 05:38 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [47]

Thank you for the compliments. That is really sweet of you. I try to help people the way I have been helped by members at this site. If I succeeded, I'm very happy. I must have asked all of the dumbest questions possible, and no one made fun of me. Everyone else's questions are so sensible to me; as I said, I got all of the stupid questions out of the way. *giggle*

I love the VC banner and recognize the masked figure as being among the hundreds I've gathered. Wasn't it nearly overwhelming to choose one or two? I'm addicted to collecting images and to using them in banners. I've made so many banners and wallys, and I want to make MORE!

Do you need Winona Ryder pictures? I'm sure that I could round up some if you'd like. I'm always trolling the Net for all sorts of images, often gathering ones of others' AIs since I love making gift banners. Say the word, and I can set up a Photobucket folder. I've been thinking of setting up a folder for all of those AI images, as I have with Cat and Raven.

The Winona banner is striking, mysterious and intriguing. "Angel Eyes" reminds me of something a woman said about when Winona and Johnny Depp were dating. She said they looked like "two little angel people". Awwwwwww...

Old 07-16-2007 at 01:36 AM
Masqued Mystery
Wandering Child
Clever Soprano

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [48]

You're quite welcome, Mysty. I had an awesome fourth grade teacher who would always say, "Ah, there are no stupid questions!" She was so nice. I believe she also always said, "It's all good!" She was a very cheerful person, heh.

Thing is, I'm kind of out of the VC craze at this point... there are a bunch of other inspirations to be had, and I'm taking advantage of every one I can find.

You do seem to enjoy the hunt for pictures, so if you'd like, you can find me a bunch of them. :) By no means do you have to, but if it's fun for you I wouldn't mind it. :p And thanks for your comments, of course. :D

And so, I bring to you all several new creations of mine over the last few days of which I'm somewhat proud. I'm also absolutely delighted that I can edit my posts now, because I don't have to be so worried about messing up!

Anyway, onto the new pieces...

Pictures For a Topic on Another Site
Cassia v.1
Cassia v.2
Adelaide v.1
Adelaide v.2
Rosalina v.1
Rosalina v.2

Various Random Topics

The first two are some Minnie Driver song inspirations. <3
Little Flower
Heart Shines

The last three are various products of a lovely angel picture and different angel songs I found.
Arms of an Angel
God Send Me An Angel
Upturned Face
Light Up

They've all got basically the same layout, just different textures and words. Speaking of textures, I'm supposed to link back to them, so here are all texture sites I've used in any of my things:

http://www.1greeneye.net/textures/
http://fan-sites.org/digital/textures.php
http://hybrid-genesis.net/main_freebies.html
http://dyingday.all-thats-left.net/goodies/textures.php
http://www.misplaced.co.uk/uglybusiness/bg.php
http://www.grey-wanderer.org/expecta...?this=textures
http://www.satinskies.net/
http://www.left-unspoken.net/radiance/goodies.php
http://colorfilter.net/largetextures

Whew, I do believe that's all of them... They require that you link back to them when you display their textures in other work, you see. :)

Old 07-16-2007 at 04:56 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [49]

I've never seen any sites with that sort of collection of textures/screens. My background collection includes oddities such as bubbles, marbles, pebbles, cloth, and fractal images that people say are free to use; none of them ask for a link back, but I would do that, of course. You've found some really neat places that I might check out; I scanned a few and found them interesting.

I love your works, but my poor vision doesn't let me read most of the wording unfortunately. That's why my own stuff tends to be rather bold and/or bright, perhaps too much for many people; but, I have to work with images and fonts that I can see. So, I won't even try to imitate the lovely, dreamlike images that you, Mascii and others are capable of creating.

I like "Upturned Face" because I can see both images clearly, and they're very pretty and evocative, like something you would see in an artist's sketchbook in centuries past--something like working sketches such as in DaVinci's notebooks.

When I get fitted for new contact lenses someday, perhaps I'll come back to look at everything again to read all of the inscriptions/names/lyrics/etc.

Wow! You're on your fifth page, so you're doing a good job of building your gallery. Keep up the excellent work, and I'm sure others will stop by to wander through the gallery.