The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera » Beyond the Paris Opera » The Work of a Genius » The Persian's Writing
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Lilliane | Gender: female | Age: 24 | Posts: 17 | Roses: 10
Old 06-12-2011 at 07:10 PM
petit ange de la musique
Wandering Child
Beneath a Moonless Sky

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
Is it her?  Post [1] »

Chapter One
France. October 13, 1907
To Comte de Delmont,
My dearest love, today I was told of your great buy. Le Opera Populaire!! I cannot believe that your parents would even allow you to try and fix up that old burnt down building! The restoration will cost a fortune! I pray that you won’t get struck with misfortune when you work on it, also on the other hand I’m very curious to see the inside myself. I know that it is a great favour to ask but when I come to your side I wish to see the place of legends! The great Phantom, the chandelier.... will you fix it? I do hope so. But for now my love I shall be coming out from our lake house to see you once again soon.
Yours Forever,
Liliane Dubois

As I sealed the letter and handed it off to the servant at my side I smiled. Aldrick, how I wished to see him, but as fate wouldn’t allow it. My father, the Duke of Ferrari, was ill with a sickness that wouldn’t get better. No matter how many doctors I called, my father still called my dead mother’s name and longed for death himself. After we left Florence and Italy overall my mother had passed away and my father had gotten sick then...that was thirteen years ago. I was five when she died and now I am eighteen, why had he not gotten better? My mother was an Italian gypsy and my father a French duke. After he married my mother he left his house hold behind and my Uncle Jacques the fortune, but he died early and then my other Uncle Jean-Claude passed away as well. All that was left was my father, and when he took my mother over the long trip she passed away two days of being inside the house.
I would try everything to cheer up my father. I’d sing, dance, play the piano and flute. I had my mother’s bronze curls and my father’s pale ivory skin. My eyes were an almond color like my mothers, and my tiny figure smaller then hers. Even my name was of disliking to my father. Lilly...my mother favourite plant thus my name. As I tried in vain to please my father and never get any reaction I would cry myself to tears in bed. I swore then and there on the last time he ignored me that I would never gain his love or care. My heart turned to stone.
Then when I was thirteen my governess took me to the beach and I stared at the water...I thought of sinking into to it. How calm and cool and kind it looked, you could just leave the hurt behind if you wanted to! But then the small sun hat I had gotten flew off my head and into the water. As I went to move forwards a young boy raced out to the water followed behind his governess shouting at him that he’d get wet. When the boy came back, with his trousers soaked up to the knees, he smiled and bent over my hand and said,
“I believe this belongs to you!” his tenor voice was beautiful and his smile seemed to reach his eyes unlike mine. I said thank you, and I noticed he was older than me by a few years.
“Mademoiselle, do you need a lift home?” his French accent was so rich that it brought color to my cheeks.
“No monsieur, my carriage is waiting for me. Madam, I’m ready to go home.” I spoke and then inclined my head towards the young man and began to walk away.
“Wait! Please your name.” He asked urgently.
“My name is Liliane Dubois, and yours?” I replied calmly, but my legs would betray me if he looked down.
“I’m Aldrick Delmont, I’m thankful you have a name. For I thought you might not have one at all!”
“And why is that?” I asked earnestly, and Aldrick chuckled.
“For I’ve been told that Angels have no name.” His gaze was so intent that it caused me to redden even more. His comment made his governess slap him behind the head. And with that my governess took my hand and led me away. Only three days later I received a letter for Aldrick and then his courting began.
I smiled at the thought as I walked down the hall way with the memories in my head. I ran a hand through my curls as I also undid the small heart necklace from my neck. The only memento of my mother, the small gold heart had a silver outline and an emerald green jewel in the middle. I fingered the jewel wondering if she ever did the same, I remember the say she gave it to me. It was my fifth birthday and I cried and cried because my parents were heading out to a ball and leaving me behind. My mother looked at me at first cross then she softened her almond coloured eyes and then reached up and took the necklace off and placed it around my neck. She then told me;
“This was my mother’s before me and her mother’s before her. This is a good luck charm that I’d give you at your coming out party, but since we are leaving you tonight I guess you can wear it for today.” She smiled and stroked my face, kissed my cheek and my father did likewise. And then she never came back, my father stumbled in the door pale, eyes wide and horror in them. My mother had been hit by one of the new automobiles as they were heading home. After that day father drank and drank always reeking of alcohol, and whenever he looked at me he would turn away. One day I asked my governess a question and she slapped me across the face. All I asked was,
“Father never plays with me, doesn’t he love me?” Then I felt the searing pain rise to my face and tears spring to my eyes. She told me I was a selfish child and I had no respect for elders when they are working. I was also grounded to my room not able to leave the grounds and went to bed without dinner. Thereafter I never asked if Father loved me or even bothered trying to reason with the fact. I played with dolls and had a music box with a ballerina on top. When I was seven I got a private teacher who taught me how to dance and sing, my governess taught me world issues, English, German, Italian, Japanese and also more French. I learnt poetry, arts, math, science, LA and manors of a woman. Like when to accept flowers from a married man or a single man and what to say, how to sit right and how to act in public and lastly how to hide your emotions from the world. A good lady must never show anger, frustration or sorrow in front of people. Some days I wonder how Aldrick loves me; I have never shown him emotion besides joy and contempt.
“Infirm of purpose, give me those daggers. The sleeping and the dead are but pictures, tis the eye of childhood that fears a painted devil.” I quoted from my lesson in arts. I giggled softly as I reached my room. The bay window was wide open and the fog coming of the lake began to filter into my room like people swarming into a bakery when the bread is fresh. I closed the window and sat down on the edge of my bed. I closed my eyes and then kneeled.
“Now I lay me down to sleep I give the Lord my soul to keep, may the Angels watch me through the night and keep me safe till morning light. Amen.” I sighed when I finished the normal prayer that I have been told to say since I was a child. Catholic religion wasn’t my thing, but I was always told to say it and a true lady doesn’t argue. I rested my head down on the pillow and slept, only waiting for the new day to come and see what it brings.

“Mademoiselle...Liliane! LILANE!” the urgent voice called to me.
“What?!” I said as I opened my eyes to see my governess.
“It’s your father...he’s...my poor child your father is...dead.” she dropped her head and let the tears fall freely thus breaking rule number one.
“I see.” Was that really all I could say? I waited to see if the tears would fall but nothing happened.
“What will you do?” she asked me.
“Go, get me the messenger I will send for Mr. Darden and his boys to bury Father next to Mother. Then I will let everyone go, sell this dreadful place, leave and go to Paris.” The truth slipped from my mouth so easily that my governess stared at me shocked.
“But madam!” she went to protest but I cut her off with a wave of my hand.
“Now.” I turned my back to her and got dressed in the black dress I bought a few days ago just encase this would happen. As I descended the stairs all the servants were arranged to greet me with wonder in their eyes.
“you will all get your final pay trust me, but I hereby relinquish you of your duties. Please leave me your postage number so I can send you your money later.” I spoke while placing a pen and pad down for them to write.
“That is all.” And with that they did what I said and then left. My governess stood staring at me wondering if she should stay or go. I inclined my head and she did the same and then left. Finally I was alone.
petit ange de la musique's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 06-13-2011 at 04:09 AM
petit ange de la musique
Wandering Child
Beneath a Moonless Sky

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2] »

umm i know that i might suck so comments are totally wanted and ya tell me if you want more. i like writing books anyways so just give me a shout. thanks
petit ange de la musique's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2011 at 04:55 AM
petit ange de la musique
Wandering Child
Beneath a Moonless Sky

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
stupid much  Post [3] »

i've been trying to think how to contuine after i did have all my wok saved on my computer untill a wonderful little sibbling decided to play with it and pour a glass of milk on it....oh boy thus now i have to try and salavage the now badly hurt computer....crap, with this and my try out tomorrow and my older sibblings grad....Zoot Alors!!! hopefully i can put out a new chapter next or else i'll try to put out another one of my phan-fic! *crossing fingers* hopefully they can save my baby!!

Name: Rebecca | Gender: female | Posts: 54 | Roses: 10
Old 04-28-2012 at 03:47 AM
Ramin+Sierra 4ever
Wandering Child
The nerd of the Opera :)

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4] »

I like it! Well done!

Ramin+Sierra 4ever's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote