The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera » Beyond the Paris Opera » The Work of a Genius » Sculpted Angels
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: J | Gender: Homo Sapien | Age: 35 | Posts: 2,176 | Roses: 0
Old 04-29-2007 at 06:24 AM
Daroga
Opera Manager
House Patron
Lead Discipline Cult of Sam

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
J-Diddy's House of Tricks  Post [1] »

So... I've been playing around with Photoshop for awhile personal banners and such. But I want to learn more and I'm the kind of person who learns best by doing. So this is my plan. I will post the banners I make etc, but what I think I'm going to do is work with potential AI's. People I see on TV shows, movies etc. And make either a banner or avatar of them. That's plan. I will welcome any critcism, suggestions and especially ADVICE!!! I intend this as a learning experience.

Note: These are banners I've done for various sites (including this one). I'm sure there's a better way to display these. But I couldn't put more than 4 preview images in a single post... Still here they be.

Due to technical difficulties I have changed to this format... if it you can't see it, please tell me.

Max | Pieter | Polaris | Phoenix | Protagonist | I love Sam <3
<b><i>Daroga</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2007 at 11:32 AM
Daroga
Opera Manager
House Patron

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2] »

Okay... as stated before I would like my art site to be a practice area for me with Photoshop as well as a potential AI list.

Here's the first set I'm going to play with.

Sean Maher | Sofia Vergara | Felicity Huffman | Diana Farr
Gina Torres | Adam Baldwin | Summer Glau | Jewel Staite
Alan Tudyk | Tamara Taylor | Brendan Fraser | Taye Diggs
Nathan Fillion | Christina Hendricks | Neil Patrick Harris | Cobie Smulders
Rob Morrow | David Krumholtz | Sabrina Lloyd | Emily Deschanel

And because I'm waiting for people who can supply me with brushes to play with... I created another group as well:

Sienna Miller | Hal Sparks | Bridget Moynahan | Sonya Walger
Ivana Milicevic | Famke Jensen | Tricia Helfer | Juliete Binoche
David Boreanaz | Vanessa Marcil | Sarah Alexander | Erika Christensen
Navi Rawat | Caterina Murino | Peter Paige | Franka Potente
Randy Harrison | Gale Harold | Lucy Lawless | Grace Park

Since no one has yet seen fit to visit my little corner... I have added a link above to my first attempt to play around up under her name... But cause I'm actually kinda happy with how it turned out so I'm also posting it here:

<b><i>Daroga</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2007 at 02:45 AM
Daroga
Opera Manager
House Patron

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3] »

Yet again posting after myself... oh well.

In the spirit of the upcoming festivies this is my Masquarde banner... and if I get more they too wil go here:

Masquerade v.1

I also have this background I made if anyone would like a banner out of it... I'm not sure what to do with it so I'm open to suggestions.

Ribbon BG

Name: MystMoonstruck aka Cyn | Gender: REDHEAD! | Posts: 5,059 | Roses: 235
Old 06-25-2007 at 04:25 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4] »

How did I ever miss this thread?! Now, I have a lot of looking to do. I'll also subscribe to this one so I'll have alerts when it grows some more--soon I hope.

First off, the ribbon background is intriguing, just begging for images and words in front of it. Of course, I have a dreadful weakness for backgrounds, which is why I have a desktop folder packed with them--and another with all sorts of pictures and another with... I admitted it: I'm addicted to images!

The Masquerade banner is eyecatching; both of those images indeed caught my eye. The mask is in my wally, and the other picture is on a banner-to-be-finished; perhaps I'll switch it to another image since there are so many to choose from. It IS a wonderful picture that would bear repeating.

I'd be crazy not to love the David B banner, especially considering I had never seen that picture before. Yes, I'm a Buffy and Angel fan from Episode 1 though I can't say much in support of Bones. Good work!

I'll admit my ignorance: I don't know who Sarah Alexander is, but I like the pink decorations. They're the sort of thing I haven't been able to find. They make very pretty touches to the signature.

The reclining-Jean banner with the "Sympathy for the Devil" quote is a great banner that suggests a lot about the character with only those few words. Of course, I love the Cat banner--both versions--that you made for me as birthday presents. Eventually, I'll rotate around to them again since they feature one of the best "Cattitude" pictures.

Actually, I didn't know we were allowed to double post in Sculpted Angels. There have been times when I've had more than 10 links stacked up before someone responded, allowing me to post again. I guess I could have asked, true? I'll try to help your thread keep growing since people have been helping me.

I definitely hope to see more of your work very soon.

MystMoonstruck's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2007 at 04:55 AM
Daroga
Opera Manager
House Patron

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5] »

Okay... to avoid double posting, yet again, I'll come back later and add a link to this. But I just HAVE to say THANK YOU. Not just for the nice things you said, or for being the only one to reply to my thread so far.

But THANK YOU SO MUCH for recognizing the quotes in my Jean banner. All these little kids don't recognize The Rolling Stones when they see it. It takes peole like you and I to show them the real classics. ;) (And Kat should be along shortly to yell at me protesting that she does know).

Name: MystMoonstruck aka Cyn | Gender: REDHEAD! | Posts: 5,059 | Roses: 235
Old 06-25-2007 at 05:27 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [6] »

You're welcome! I can't imagine why I haven't seen this before! If I did, perhaps I thought it was a private experiment or something. Anyway, I certainly think I would have posted comments on these wonderful works. I love working with graphics (obviously), and I love looking at and studying others' works although often they give me cause for despair. Poor lil Print Shop simply isn't up to the task of what I demand from it, no matter how many tricks I try. I spent an hour trying to give an AJolie image red hair and failed miserably! Print Shop is too limited, and I want Photoshop!

Sorry. Now that that's out of my system...

The flame letters for "Warlord" are amazing! I'm curious about that character since I have one--a sorcerer--whose AI is Sean Connery, too. Hmmm... Maybe I should return to a project I started: making signatures for my many characters. I've done only a few so far. I'll be looking for your additions from your list of projects, that's for certain.

That's astonishing to me that no one has realized where the great line in your JS banner is from since it simply captures that good guy/bad guy question about Monsieur Sauveur, including his streak of--well--devilishness (oh my... clumsy word). After all, Cat experienced this during their first meeting. I love finding lyrics that (I hope) sum up a character's nature. You do with one line what takes me a stanza! I'll work on that.

You'll have to do what I've been doing: list title and author. I started catching on to doing that after being questioned many times. I know that I'd be curious, too. Mascii also uses lyrics beautifully.

MystMoonstruck's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: (Ch)Rissy/Riss | Gender: Goddess | Posts: 4,070 | Roses: 100
Old 06-25-2007 at 01:30 PM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [7] »

Wow, J! That was cool! I really like those, and I hope to see more of your work. Keep it up!

If I can't hear the music, and the audience is gone,

I'll dance here on my own.

Banners by Rose, my sister, and me.
masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2007 at 02:13 AM
Daroga
Opera Manager
House Patron

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [8] »

This is not related to really anything... except the fact I'm obviously a John Cusack fan, and I loved this movie. So I made this just for fun.

Perhaps think of it as an endorsment that eveyone should go see it. But then again that's another rant for another place.

Old 09-04-2007 at 02:27 AM
Daroga
Opera Manager
House Patron

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [9] »

Okay... I think that at least one month is a long enough time to wait to double post in one's own thread.

So... I haven't done much with graphics lately. Newish computer and I was too lazy to go back and redownload fonts, textures, brushes etc. But this weekend I sucked it up. And in honor of my new toys I made a few banner... This is what I like to call "Fun With Fonts Day" or "When Text Took Over the Banner World"...

Lazare
Oçeane
Jean 2

I may update this with more soon... but something else I'm considering is starting to take request... but I don't know that anyone would be interested.

Name: Lizzie | Gender: W-O-M-A-N | Age: 28 | Posts: 2,248 | Roses: 0
Old 09-04-2007 at 12:35 PM
Night feather
Wandering Child
Puppet Master

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [10] »

Hey you... :D

I was wondering, would you perhaps make me a little siggy for Magdalena Faebher? It's a red headed Cate Blanchett who is the AI, but if you want, I can find the picture to use myself.

The quote is: The past can not be cured

Repress And Restrain. Steal The Pressure And The Pain

Wash The Blood Off Your Hands. This Time She Won't Understand
Night feather's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote