The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera » Beyond the Paris Opera » The Work of a Genius » The Persian's Writing
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Sarah | Gender: Genderfluid. | Age: 27 | Posts: 1,031 | Roses: 10
Old 03-24-2011 at 03:54 PM
xXphantomaddictedXx
Wandering Child
Dial A For Alan.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [61] »

I don't have a story idea, but I do have a question about writing, and I thought this was the best place to post it. So...

...what would one call the kind of writer's block where you have so much to say that nothing comes to you? Thanks.

There are many bodies of water in this world;

Yet none would quench my thirst for you.
xXphantomaddictedXx's Profile Send Private Message xXphantomaddictedXx's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Patricia Jane [pətrɪʃə dʒeɪn] | Gender: Lady | Age: 22 | Posts: 2,327 | Roses: 50
Old 03-25-2011 at 04:02 AM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [62] »

I call it empty overload. Don't think about what comes to you, but think about what you want to say. The best thing to do is to write down everything that you can physically and mentally type/write down. Logically some of the thoughts that you don't write down will be better than some of those that you did write, BUT the same goes for the positive: you are bound to write something amazing and some of those thoughts that weren't able to go down were just not all that great compared to the ones that you write. It's really a free for all. If that sounds too risky, think out in a "dream" mode what you're thinking. I'm not sure if that helps, but that's what I do when I have that issue and it usually works to my advantage.

Hope that helps :) Happy writing!

We were angels once, don't you remember? Joys in life, inside our souls; and nobody knows, just you and me. It's our secret.
And your child-like eyes, and your distant smile; I'll never be this happy again! You and I. And no one else. || Maybe he'll come today. Maybe he came already...
Hidden Away's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Sarah | Gender: Genderfluid. | Age: 27 | Posts: 1,031 | Roses: 10
Old 08-12-2011 at 09:30 PM
xXphantomaddictedXx
Wandering Child
Dial A For Alan.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [63] »

So I'm working on a new phanphic, and am stuck on the unmasking scene. If anyone has ideas or suggestions, they'll be much appreciated, because I'm at my wit's end.

There are many bodies of water in this world;

Yet none would quench my thirst for you.
xXphantomaddictedXx's Profile Send Private Message xXphantomaddictedXx's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Christine | Gender: Female | Age: 28 | Posts: 32 | Roses: 10
Old 10-20-2015 at 04:35 AM
ChristineDaaeRosesOfMasks
Wandering Child
Erik's Student

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
Where I am with the hol, writers block thingy....  Post [64] »

So okay here's the thing,
I used to be real good at writing, no that's not to say that I'm a good writer cause I'm far from it. The thing is I used to want to write. I'd write diary entries, and get ideas for fanfics. The writers block is for me at this point writing in genral. I really do want to still write but it's like I just feel like I can't do it anymore. I mean, I can but I guess I just don't know how to sit down, and think out plots like I did. I don't know how I can get rid of this, 'writers block in genral'.
I hope that this makes sence.
example:1
say I really want to write a entry in my diary, well I want to write it but I just don't know what to write when it comes down to it. Whenever I think about writing in my diary, I just have no idea even though I know what to write about. It's like I'll go to write in my diary, and after I've written a few lines or so, I just call it quits.
Example:2
This one isn't that much different from example 1, but just only that I'll get an idea for a story. The idea is more of a genral idea, with no real plot in mind. When I think about how to go about writing the story, I can't think of how I should go about writing what I have as a genral idea. In other words, I no what I want to write about for a fanfic, but I don't really know how to go about getting all the things I want to write about down. As an example, I want to do a story that focuses on what Christine's vocal lessons were like between Erik but I've never written a POTO fick before, and well....

Beneath the opera house, I know he's there.
He's with me on the stage, he's everywhere.
And when my song begins, I always find, the phantom of the opera is there, inside my mind.
"Christine Daaé! Where is your red scarf?"
You couldn't have lost it. After all the trouble I caused! I was just 14 and soked to the skin!"
"Because you had run into the sea to fech my scarf! Oh Raoul, so it is you!"
Roses, the color of blood filled her lap. In her hands she held a mask. She knew that her home was the house on the lake. Her angel of music would always be there singing songs in her head.
Are you so sure that a small jar would contain me, madame?
Three long years I've nelt in silence
Held your memory near me.
Three long years of murmured sorrow
Willing you to hear me...
“Passing bells and sculpted angels, cold and monumental...”
ChristineDaaeRosesOfMasks's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Natalia | Gender: Female | Posts: 2,742 | Roses: 50
Old 10-20-2015 at 05:58 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Performing Onstage
(Performer Is Online)
 Post [65] »

I know what you mean. I've had it for years now but that's the wonderful thing about writing with other people, idea's flow and brain storms pick up from one another.

I used to write my own stories I had characters and an idea in mind but sooner or later I just gave myself over to them.

I think the best thing is TRY not to think to much and NOT to care how good or long your work is, this only stresses you out and makes the task something you came to hate.

Write what ever comes, feel it and DON'T second guess it. Don't force yourself and write when you FEEL like writing.

IF and when you start writing with other people you'll find you feed off each other. Over the years this has helped me greatly and my characters (mostly from here) now seem like living breathing people.
The other thing about writing with other people:

1) While you CAN plan ahead, make a plot and such things seem to change (don't be afraid of this)

2) It's not just on yourself to come up with ideas but ALL the members in that certain thread.

3) Writers block...while it still is a factor there are other members to help you bash ideas around.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

P.S
A writing task I learnt at school was to look at a picture or a single word and write what ever came to you about that and then to build on it. This has started me on two of my first stories EVER.

AND remember we are always here to help.

witch's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Laurasia | Gender: female | Age: 19 | Posts: 37 | Roses: 10
Old 10-25-2015 at 01:03 AM
VampirePotato
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [66] »

I have writer's block at the moment but I have a few ideas (mostly for how my story should end) and I'd like to know what others think.

So my story is basically the normal poto story (mix of musical and Leroux) with my vampire OCs added in. One night while hunting they mistake Erik for a vampire and tell him that he's in their hunting territory. They then realize he's human and have to kill him since now he knows. But he convinces them to make a deal that they'd help him with his murderous antics in the opera house, and after he was finished he'd be all theirs.

However, the "deal" was actually a trick to avoid being killed by them and he never intended to let them kill him, since all he wanted was to leave with Christine. Here are my ideas for the ending:

-They kill Philippe after learning Erik's true intentions; Erik never intended to kill him, they do it to warn him and piss off Raoul and Christine.

-After Raoul and Christine leave, they find Erik in his lair, yell at him for lying to them, and kill him.

I'm under your spell...

VampirePotato's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Natalia | Gender: Female | Posts: 2,742 | Roses: 50
Old 10-26-2015 at 07:03 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Performing Onstage
(Performer Is Online)
 Post [67] »

Laurasia: With a background in mythical creatures let me just say that it WILL change pending on the TYPE of vampire lure you use.

I think the MAIN question with your story is to ask yourself WHY they think they HAVE to change/kill him and where in the story they came into things.

I have NEVER read the book but when it comes to writing stories I find that even though I have a plan things (more often then not) take own a life of there own.

Characters sometimes tell YOU what's going to happen, what path they take.

Erik is a clever man maybe HE finds a way to KILL them MAYBE he was a vampire all along... who knows?

I advice that you think about the rest of the story, what you want to happen, what you want to say...once this is done I'm sure you'll work it out.

Try NOT to over think it, just let the words come... after all you can always go back and change things.

witch's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote