The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera » Beyond the Paris Opera » The Work of a Genius » The Tombstone
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Laura | Gender: Femme | Posts: 235 | Roses: 2
Old 06-11-2007 at 04:52 PM
Angel's Muse
Wandering Child
Mistress of the Keys

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [11] »

*squee* You made more! :D

There's definite improvement here from the last one. However, it's worth learning how to do signature banners within the size limitation (500x150 max). Also, there's a large white space to the right of the picture that you might want to sort out.

I've been viewing the first picture again, and when I saved it to look at it from Windows Picture Viewer, I found that it is indeed very large, but the actual image itself is still quite small. The majority of the space is again occupied by the white space.

Don't worry, though! It takes everyone (including me, of course) ages to figure how to do certain size images, and I don't know how easy Photoshop is to work with. What version have you got?

I waaant Photoshop sooo badly, but apparently it's something like $600, so I'll have to stick with ImageReady for now. ImageReady's not a very bad program, but it has its limitations. *sigh* Maybe I'll pretend to be eighteen, buy a lottery ticket and win.

Hey, I can dream, can't I?

Presenter of the National Lottery: So, Laura, what do you intend to spend the money on?
Me: [dreamily] Photoshop...to make the most awesome banners known to mankind.
Presenter: *is freaked out*

:D

Anyway, I liked a lot of the stuff you did with the Roslyn banner, especially the positioning of the text. Keep up the good work, and I hope to see more of your work soon!

Angel's Muse's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts

Name: (Ch)Rissy/Riss | Gender: Goddess | Posts: 4,070 | Roses: 100
Old 06-11-2007 at 08:15 PM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [12] »

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...26/ripsink.jpgHere's a picture I made for laughs.

That's all for now!

Tell me what you think...

If I can't hear the music, and the audience is gone,

I'll dance here on my own.

Banners by Rose, my sister, and me.
masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts

Name: Kristen/Krissy | Gender: Female | Age: 26 | Posts: 81 | Roses: 0
Old 06-13-2007 at 02:16 AM
Victorian Era Drama
Wandering Child
Orchestra Flautist

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [13] »

AHHH!! *attack Chrissy with hugs* I LOVE IT! Sorry about the all caps. I've been away from here for 2 days and all of a sudden people are making things for me! I'm so thrilled, and smiling like a manic right now! I love this picture so much! Thank you for taking the time and testing you patience just for me. Anyway, I'm off to go add this to my Roslyn photo album on Photobucket. WHEE!

Signature by the talented Angel's Muse!
Victorian Era Drama's Profile Send Private Message Victorian Era Drama's Website Search Posts

Old 06-26-2007 at 01:01 PM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [14] »

Glad you like it. Wow, to tell you the truth, I didn't think anyone would, it was one of my first stabs at photoshop...

masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts

Name: MystMoonstruck aka Cyn | Gender: REDHEAD! | Posts: 5,058 | Roses: 235
Old 07-11-2007 at 08:13 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [15] »

I stopped by to check on your banners and other graphics, but it seems that links have been broken or images removed.

I do hope you plan to do more for us. I showed my learning experience on my art thread, so everyone's used to seeing works in progress. It's sort of fun to see how skills develop, whether I'm reviewing my GFX or visiting someone's thread. So, please do share your works with us. I'll subscribe to this thread so that I'll be alerted about updates.

MystMoonstruck's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts

Old 07-29-2007 at 12:58 AM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [16] »

Here's one I made for my beloved Flute. I like the catchy little saying...
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...tled-1copy.jpg

And here is one for RP characters Maureen Dawson and Bethany Swan. They are good friends, and recently changed eachothers lives for the better.
This wan't meant as shippy.
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...ethfriends.jpg

And here is one for RP characters Rafael and Bella (on another site). This one was meant as shippy.
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...untitled-1.jpg
Aren't they cute together?
lol
That's all I have right now...

Name: Ran | Gender: Female | Age: 27 | Posts: 1,118 | Roses: 84
Old 07-29-2007 at 01:45 AM
PhAnToMeSs07
Wandering Child
House Patron
Random Ran

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [17] »

I am glad you put them up...I looked several times and I was thinking, "I wonder if I am really that blind and maybe I just don't see them." All three of them are marvelous and I really like the one with Bethany and Maureen. Still keeping fingers crossed for my character. It's driving me nuts! Bella and Rafael are cute together. See, I would know what you are talking about because I am on the other site. It kinda gives me a physical view of the two of them now.

I just wanna be alone now with the dark and the light. That's my favorite color blue there

As the sun sets in the sky, there's just something in the hue there in the corner of my eye
PhAnToMeSs07's Profile Send Private Message PhAnToMeSs07's Website Search Posts

Old 07-29-2007 at 02:16 AM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [18] »

lol. thanks. Cassie was complaining about the big orange sunglasses on "Rafael's" head....

Thank you for the comments!!!

Name: Cassie | Gender: Señorita | Posts: 4,083 | Roses: 185
Old 07-31-2007 at 06:07 PM
Mrs Nadir Khan
Wandering Child
House Patron
Slave to my Inspiration

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [19] »

I have every right to complain-- the RP takes place in the 1800's. Never mind the fact that I am your older sister and complaining is one of my better talents. ')

You are getting better at this, Chrissy. May I suggest using Photoshop instead of Paint, however? I've seen you work, and you're a whiz at Paint, but Photoshop looks so much cleaner usually. I can show you some ways to improve, if you'd like.
Mrs Nadir Khan's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts

Old 08-01-2007 at 01:03 AM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [20] »

Thanks Cass! And thanks to everyone who has complimented my amituer banners!!!

I'm a total tree-hugging, animal-loving, save-the environment person, but I am one the furthest things from a hippie.
So, here is a banner I made to show you all that. http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/b...ethewhales.jpg

Hope you all like it!!

SAVE THE WHALES!!