The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera Beyond the Paris Opera The Work of a Genius The Tombstone
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Rowan | Gender: female | Posts: 134 | Roses: 0
Old 06-29-2007 at 02:07 AM
Phantom-ess
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
LaMySt GrApHiCs By RoWaN  Post [1]

*peeks around corner* Beginner here and in awe of all the other artists on the board.

Figured I'd post some of my banners to get feedback. Constructive comments are appreciated.

First some banners I created for my RP character Lelia:
Lelia#1
Lelia#2
Lelia#3
Lelia#4
Lelia#5
Broken Link-Lelia#6
What can I say? She's developed an ego.

A banner for my RP character Mira Borealis on DA.net/GN(the RPG):
Mira

And two POTO banner-ish things I did:
POTO#1
POTO#2

I'm still experimenting so be nice and once again constructive comments are appreciated!

Phantom-ess's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts

Name: MN | Gender: Vampyress | Posts: 1,184 | Roses: 11
Old 06-29-2007 at 02:20 AM
MaskedNicci
Wandering Child
Wolven Animagus

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2]

A nice job, especially for a beginner! It looks like you've played around until they looked pretty good. ^_^

A couple of your pictures are stretched, though, which makes them off-kilter looking. And depending on your program, you should have an option to 'magic wand' pictures and take out the backgrounds in a smoother fashion. For instance, I LOVE how you did the comet one, but you can see the bright colored background on the tips of her hair.

The third linked Lelia one is absolutely gorgeous! What are the words in the background?

MaskedNicci's Profile Send Private Message MaskedNicci's Website Search Posts

Name: (Ch)Rissy/Riss | Gender: Goddess | Posts: 4,070 | Roses: 100
Old 06-29-2007 at 02:21 AM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3]

I lke those. Lelia has an ego... lol. I ;like the word choice. WHOOT! I am the first to post in your thread! I feel special. The POTO ones were a bit confusing, but once I looked at them long enough, they made sense. I love them all. Keep up the good work!

If I can't hear the music, and the audience is gone,

I'll dance here on my own.

Banners by Rose, my sister, and me.
masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts

Old 06-29-2007 at 02:44 AM
Phantom-ess
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4]

Thanks guys!

MaskedNicci: I have a copy of Photoshop that a friend of mine gave me. Yes, A couple of the ones where the pictures are stretched are before I noticed that there was a constrain proportions option under image size. And the comet one was probably the one that gave me the most trouble because the magic wand tool was taking out chunks of her hair. But I'm definitely going to try to redo that one to try to remove the background remnants.

The words on the third Lelia one are a brush that my friend had on the program. Can't really get it to be readable.

masquerading rose: Yes, but the word choice is definitely true. And the POTO ones were my first attempts with Paint (before I got Photoshop :D ).

Name: MystMoonstruck aka Cyn | Gender: REDHEAD! | Posts: 5,058 | Roses: 235
Old 06-29-2007 at 05:19 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5]

I especially like the second POTO one. It sort of has a sense of movement with the three pictures placed/blended as they are. It's an intriguing effect.

The angel wings is quite striking.

Oh my! With your growing graphics skill, you certainly won't need my Print Shop banners, will you? That's OK. I'll continue displaying them on my art thread. I couldn't get the Lelia #6 link to work, so I remain curious.

You're off to a very good start! Best of luck with continuing your art thread. I'm sure we'll try to support you so that you'll be able to make new posts to show us more.

MystMoonstruck's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts

Old 06-29-2007 at 06:06 AM
Phantom-ess
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [6]

Lol! I still bow to your creative genius!

Thank you, I'm proud of the angel wings one because I finally mastered a realistic drop shadow.

As for Lelia#6 I tried to fix it as per Masked Nicci's suggestions and must have broken the link...oh well, here's the improved version:

NEWLelia#6

Name: MystMoonstruck aka Cyn | Gender: REDHEAD! | Posts: 5,058 | Roses: 235
Old 06-29-2007 at 08:12 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [7]

Oh! That's just the sort of effect that I would love to be able to do! Glowing lights--stars--shimmers--all sorts of light-bright effects... *SIGH* Perhaps it is never to be.

Ummmm... Creative genius?! Where? Who? What? ME?!?! Thank you, Rowan, 'cause that is amazingly sweet. I'll still be honored--and astonished--should you use my banners now and in the future. It's fun to see The Dancing Seamstress and recall Lelia's encounter with Raven. Gosh! We have an in-joke! They'll have to read the Bistro posts to "get it", won't they? That's where they met, isn't it--at the Bistro? I tend to mix up that place and "Roses".

Are the words on the comet banner a quote? If so, where are they from? See? Now I know how other people feel when they ask where words on MY banners come from. I'm determined to provide the source each time--if I can remember.

I request that you do more like that POTO banner with the three poses. It reminds me of those flip-books; when you flip the pages, the figures look as if they are moving. As I look from pose to pose, it's like that. Cool!

MystMoonstruck's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts

Name: MN | Gender: Vampyress | Posts: 1,184 | Roses: 11
Old 06-29-2007 at 05:16 PM
MaskedNicci
Wandering Child
Wolven Animagus

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [8]

The Comet lyrics are from the song 'For Good' from the musical 'Wicked'. I'm learning the song on the piano. ;)

That looks fabulous, girl. Much better. Now I can enjoy how artistic the banner is, without my critical mind straying to those flecks. I love the pictures you used. A nice blend, I think.

Do you have any more for us to look at?

MaskedNicci's Profile Send Private Message MaskedNicci's Website Search Posts

Old 07-03-2007 at 11:29 PM
Phantom-ess
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [9]

One more for you guys to look at...I haven't had much time to use my beloved Photoshop *tears*

flipbookish thing of our favorite "toad":
La Carlotta

MystMoonstruck: But 'tis true. Does Printshop have a noise effect? Because I use that and mess around a neon effect to get the glitter on the angel wings. Yep, the Bistro it was. Now will they meet at the Masquerade is the question? And I wonder if Lelia will blow her top again if they do. And Masked Nicci is right about the lyrics.

MaskedNicci: Yay! I'm glad you can enjoy it now. I hadn't really noticed how noticeable those flecks were.

Name: (Ch)Rissy/Riss | Gender: Goddess | Posts: 4,070 | Roses: 100
Old 07-04-2007 at 12:57 AM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [10]

lol. I liked that La Carlotta picture. My friend would love it. She's a HUGE Carlotta fan. Well, anyway, I hope you make more! Keep up the the good work!!

If I can't hear the music, and the audience is gone,

I'll dance here on my own.

Banners by Rose, my sister, and me.
masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts