The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera » Beyond the Paris Opera » The Work of a Genius » The Persian's Writing
Remember Me?

View Poll Results: How is it?...(the story, is what I mean)
it's okay (3-4 stars) 3 16.67%
I love it! (5 stars) 11 61.11%
HATE IT! (1 stars) 0 0%
not sure..... (n/a--unsure) 3 16.67%
horribly written, but nice idea! (2 stars) 2 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Patricia Jane [pətrɪʃə dʒeɪn] | Gender: Lady | Age: 22 | Posts: 2,327 | Roses: 50
Old 01-07-2008 at 01:00 AM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
I Never Knew It ~ Chapter 9  Post [21] »

Melonie

That morning, I woke up to the bright blue sky shining through the curtains. I got out of bed, at first in a bit of a haze and dizzy, but then recalled last night and smiled to myself. I was quite perky when ever I remembered Erik; something about him just made me smile ever so brightly. I got dressed in my odd looking ballet tutu--I have to admit it, even though I love to dance I just hate the dance clothing that they make us wear! I mean honestly have they heard of sando?

Oh of course, their made the Philippines only since the climate is terribly humid.

Anyways, I then put on my new, shiny, stone hard, and--I hate the fact of this, but--pink Pointe shoes. Today I had to break them in since I broke my other pair back in Ireland. I might ask the maid if I could quicken the process of breaking them in to put them in the oven.

I know really odd sounding, but it works! Really!

I walked off to the cafeteria for breakfast, with my loud clip-clopping sounded Pointe shoes under me; I tried to walk lightly, but even though you’d still do that, you’d hear the faintest of taps from it. I was hoping nothing bad would come out of today.

When I went in, everyone just gave me a rude stare. Don't tell me that everyone remembers!

It’s like I’m a magnet when it comes to bad luck!

But Erik wasn’t bad luck, the only bad luck around here were the damn people that were against him for no apart reason…

Anyways, when I got there, it seemed that everyone still really did remember what happened that afternoon.

“Has the 'Opera Ghost' sent you any letter lately?” someone jested.

“Watch out for his magical lasso, Melonie!” Cloé once commented with a crud laugh.

Everywhere I looked everyone had something mean or rude to say to me. “What is up with all this?” I asked as I dragged Meg to a stray corner. But I still knew very well what, I just wanted to know why?

“Well, everyone still remembers what happened yesterday. And well, I've had a few comments as well...”

“Not you too!? I did mean for any of this to happen; I didn't mean for you to get involved; why did I even tell you?” I asked ever so sadly and frantically.

“Well, it's better this way. Now that my mother knows that he's been sending you letter, she can protect you.” She said. I had no idea what has gone to her mind…She’ll protect me?

“How can she protect me?” I asked not believing her

“Well, she's known the Phantom ever since he's come here. Some say she let him in, or some say that he was going to kill her and she pleaded not to, so she let him live under the Opera House, who know. But I know that she know him….but no one else knows that she knows him...so…” She just tried to continue with her statement, but then trail off when I gave her that look saying, ‘I-have-no-bloody-idea-what-your-trying-to-say!’ kind of look.

When I looked at her like that she then looked at herself greatly confused by her own words…..

Thinking about this, I then realized the time, “Come on, we have to get to practice before we're later. Don't want to be scolded by you mother again!” I said jokingly to keep our spirits up. Meg and I ran backstage to where the other chorus girls practice for rehearsals.

As we walked to dance area everyone was stretching, they all then just stopped, and staring at Meg and I. They were all giggling and turning their heads amongst themselves; I suspected that it was gossip about the 'letter' and stuff. They then saw Madame Giry. She looked very sternly and strictly at me.

What now!? I asked myself innocently.

“Melonie....follow me. You all practice your petité botmasá, pecé turns, and the repertoirè. I'll be back shortly.”

I thought of what Madame Giry had to say to her now, she should have just said something about the lyrics and notes when I first came here, but I didn't know why she didn’t mention them before.

Does that fall under anything suspicious?

I just stood from where I was and stood there blankly.

“Come…" she said softly.

I jumped back into reality and followed her swiftly.

As I followed Madame Giry's quick pace, I inferred that I was in grave trouble. Why me!!!

We entered Madame Giry's office. Madame Giry let me in, looked out the door to check if anyone was there to listen to our conversation, she then closed to door quickly, turned around, and locked it as her back was against the door. She signaled me to sit down.

“Madame, am I in any trouble of sort?” I asked nervously as I sat.

“I just have a few questions.”

I was relieved that I wasn't in trouble, but that was just the least of my fears, I could tell that I was about to be put on the spot. But in what way? I prayed not in any way embarassing. My question was answered right after I thought this, “Now is it true that you went to the Phantom's liar very early this morning?”

I looked at her wide-eyed, I then gave Madame Giry a defeated look, “You mean Erik, right?" I asked quietly to her to tried to get off the subject.

"That too..." She presisted.

"Yes I did, Madame. How did you know?” I asked meekly.

“He sends me notes too. He sent one just this morning, telling me how you met and how nice you were to him.” She paused her words and continued with a much softer voice, “He really needs that, Melonie, a friend. Erik really needs a friend, such a life of loneliness.”

“Well, he was the one that was nice to me, Madame…and he was the one who found me last night in the theatre,” I said pointing out.

Madame Giry just looked at me then out the window and she was very quiet for a long while.

“Do you know why he wears that mask, Melonie?”

“Yes, his deformity right? Is it that bad as they say? I'm sure it's not right?” I said questioningly.

“Right, and well, that's your question to answer on your own. But do you know why he has his deformity?”

I quickly shook her head 'no'; I didn't want to talk about any of this!

“Well, he was born with it; his mother was so ashamed of him. At the age of five he was sold to gypsies. Then the gypsies after a about a years of taking care of him, they sold him to a circus; he was labeled as a freak there, 'The Devil's Child'.”

So that’s where he got that horrid name…

“That where I found him and brought him here. This is the only life that he has known....the Opera House walls...nothing beyond that.”

I gasped. I was heartbroken to hear this; why didn't he say anything, “Here, you look like you could use this.” Madame Giry said handing me a handkerchief.

I looked shocked when Madame Giry knew that she was crying. I didn't even know I was crying. I just felt so badly for Erik. I wandered if he cried at night about it like I would cry about my parents. I wanted so badly to comfort him as he cried. I pushed the thought away and came back to Earth. I thought about this as I quietly dabbed my tears.

“Why are you telling me this?” I asked Madame Giry with tears still in my eyes.

“Just so you know what not to say to him, never mention things like this to him, he may grow furious! He has a very fast temper, and you don't want to see it. Poor Christine...”

I nodded, I never thought Erik would have a bad angry, I promise I never could hurt him…I vow it from the moment….if I do…I will hurt whom ever is the one who hurt him.

“Good! Now go back to the stage,” She said quietly.

I nodded, got out of my seat, and went out the door. I closed the door behind me, but instead of going down the hallway. I stayed behind; I heard Madame Giry talking to someone else.

“Why did you tell her that?” said a low, deep, familiar voice.

“What?” Madame Giry asked as if she hadn’t anything.

“That she couldn't talk about my life with me, she talked about her life with me and cried. Why can I do the same?” I realized that it was Erik. How did he get in there? How does he do it? Think that I shouldn't hear anything else of their conversation, I quickly ran back to the theatre without looked back. Even with my new Pointé shoes, which were I remind you louder than a Clydesdale's hooves as they trotted, I barely...
NO!
I never made a sound.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*

Madame Giry

“You don't need to scare anyone else with you quick temper, Erik?” I said.

“I won't, I couldn't possibly hurt her, I swear on it. Madame, just because I'm friends with her doesn't mean anything else, my heart is only recovering from Christine,” he said in a stubborn voice.

Recovering? Ha!

I knew that this was completely untrue...

Of course even after you wrote seventeen different times fully on paper that she was only an obsession!

I then just continued, “You need to learn to not hold grudges from people, Erik. They will exploded out! Whether you like it or not!” I dissuaded him.

“What grudge….the only reason I was stern with Christine was because she just invaded my privacy.” Then he said under his breath, “Damn whore of a slut!!”

“What was that you said about Christine?” I asked sternly. I was, after all, her step-mother…..in way.

I need to stop adopting kids…first Erik when I was only seventeen, not even engaged! And then Christine after Meg turned six?…One’s hard enough!

“Nothing,” Erik said obdurately.

I didn’t even know why I bothered to have him admit that he despised Christine….it’s like two kids fight, except one is only enraged and the other has no bland idea of what‘s happening.

Erik looked enraged at me as well.

Go ahead…get mad, it's not going to kill me, only yourself! I won’t care!

He continued to give me the same look, Fine, so be it! I rolled my eyes.

“Why are you even involved in this? This is my friendship and relationship with Melonie, not yours!”

I heard the words that would have given it away if Melonie would have been here right now. The words that I've been looking for from him...

Ha...so it is true...hummm...

I gave a fake cough, “Relationship, you say?” I asked as I tried to fool him into his own trap.

Erik looked at me with great agitation, “God damn it! Why do you insist that I'm going to start up that same **** with Melonie like I did with Christine? I was wrong to do that...I know but now it's different! Melonie actually understands me. Christine didn't even know who I was, until the damn little whore pulled off my mask. So how can you possibly say this?”

What your mouth....

I was very livid at Erik for his stubbornness; I looked at him very sternly, and then blurted out, “I know it because it’s the way you wrote about her!” I screamed; I paused a little to let it sink in. I then spoke to Erik in a more of a hushed tone, “Erik, admit it! You care about Melonie, maybe even more than care…humm? Am I not right?”

“Yes, Madame, you are not right!” Erik said quietly, yet angrily; he tried to hold back tears but a few escaped his reach, “My heart is too distorted for anymore pain from anyone, ANYONE!” His words were stern, "Even someone that I trust as much as Melonie! Beside, she couldn't possibly feel the same about me, the way I....” Erik caught himself in between his words.

Trapped and CHECK!

All I could do was roll my eyes with a small, triumphant smile at Erik. I couldn't believe that he was trying to hide his feelings about Melonie. I then gave him a strict look with a bit of triumphant, “What was that, again, Erik?” she said, “Getting caught in your own trap and games, hummm?” I said with a light laugh, "Aren't we?"

“Nothing....” And with that of a swish of his cape he left quickly through the mirror.

Leaving me alone in my office, I stood there in disbelief of him, “He'll never understand...won't he?” shaking my head in disbelief that Erik could try hold his grudge, as well as I’ve known him. For I knew that if he couldn't only hold his grudge for Christine for a year, and that he care and something much more for Melonie….I knew exactly how long he would hold his weaker grudge with Melonie.....not very long at all!

Sando: a pinoy word...(Philippino!) meaning camisole. Intead of thin straps they use wide (width of your thumb twice), yet thin, lacy ones. Really cute!

We were angels once, don't you remember? Joys in life, inside our souls; and nobody knows, just you and me. It's our secret.
And your child-like eyes, and your distant smile; I'll never be this happy again! You and I. And no one else. || Maybe he'll come today. Maybe he came already...
Hidden Away's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Diane | Gender: Female | Age: 26 | Posts: 142 | Roses: 10
Old 01-07-2008 at 02:17 AM
death_shadows
Wandering Child
Opera Spirit

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [22] »

very good ^^

*In every shadow there is light, in every tear a smile. In death I know there still is life that lingers for awhile.*-Anonymous

●I am but a mere black rose....I am but the shadow that cloaks the night, forever bond to darkness...yet am I really such a fright?●

"Death, that hath sucked the honey of thy breath, hath had no power yet upon thy beauty." -Romeo

"I felt myself shrinking and shriveling before her clear, candid gaze. I was once more that small boy, twisting a napkin around my finger in absolute terror that my request would be denied. Such a little thing, really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right."-Erik from Susan Kay's Phantom-
death_shadows's Profile Send Private Message death_shadows's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Patricia Jane [pətrɪʃə dʒeɪn] | Gender: Lady | Age: 22 | Posts: 2,327 | Roses: 50
Old 01-09-2008 at 10:47 PM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [23] »

Someone please notice me out in the cold? Please someone see my labourious book! That took most of my summer, but it was fun writing it! But I"m still not done. Having school around now keeps me away from the computer. Haha!

We were angels once, don't you remember? Joys in life, inside our souls; and nobody knows, just you and me. It's our secret.
And your child-like eyes, and your distant smile; I'll never be this happy again! You and I. And no one else. || Maybe he'll come today. Maybe he came already...

Old 01-09-2008 at 10:54 PM
death_shadows
Wandering Child
Opera Spirit

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [24] »

aw sux that ur kept away from the computer. i have school too....but i get on the computer everyday lol

*In every shadow there is light, in every tear a smile. In death I know there still is life that lingers for awhile.*-Anonymous

●I am but a mere black rose....I am but the shadow that cloaks the night, forever bond to darkness...yet am I really such a fright?●

"Death, that hath sucked the honey of thy breath, hath had no power yet upon thy beauty." -Romeo

"I felt myself shrinking and shriveling before her clear, candid gaze. I was once more that small boy, twisting a napkin around my finger in absolute terror that my request would be denied. Such a little thing, really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right."-Erik from Susan Kay's Phantom-
death_shadows's Profile Send Private Message death_shadows's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2008 at 11:10 PM
death_shadows
Wandering Child
Opera Spirit

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [25] »

btw i noticed....u should get on yahoo for i miss speaking wit u :( i was worried that perhaps something had happened to u since u havent been on....

Old 01-13-2008 at 03:25 AM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
I Never Knew It ~ Chapter 10  Post [26] »

MEMO: Well nothing really to say. Um well if you have a friends that's a 'phan' please inform them if you enjoy this thread. I hope you all find this interesting...I guess...really just laid back today..more of tonight...ummm hope you enjoy!

Melonie

“Melonie! What did my mother talk to you about? Was it about the notes?” Meg said as she ran up to me.

“Nothing, I don't want to talk about it.” I said sadly, apathy, and meekly. I still had dried up tears on the side of my cheek, but no one noticed.

When we were practicing our repertoire, I couldn't concentrate on anything. I just felt so miserable for Erik. And she had to tell me now! I couldn't wait to go down there and talk to him about it. I knew somehow that he couldn't get mad at me, no matter what Madame Giry said.

I ran up to my room half-way through dinner, I didn’t eat much. I couldn’t wait to see Erik. I really wanted to talk to him, about anything. Even though we’ve only known each other ever since early this morning, I loved it when he would talk to me; his voice was so deep and powerful, but yet so calming and serene.

My mind was running wild with thoughts and many other things. Until I realized that I was thinking a whole lot about Erik, I was thinking about him more than anything.

Why was he so easy to think about for me? How did find his way to my mind? But was he going to get to my heart, was the question to ask....what if too fast if at all?

Wait if at all…Mel? Whose side are you on? You can’t have that happen… right?

I couldn't let that happen! Then again, there was something about him that would make me think of him so much. But what, why, and how?

As I ran down the hallway with all my thoughts wandering about, I thought that I heard something so she stopped.

Now that's just silly...What could I possibly be afraid of now?

Just as I thought that nothing could possibly go wrong, I felt someone, or something, grab my wrist. Whatever it was, it was warm, so warm it sent shivers down my spine.

What the bloody hell was that?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~

Erik

I had no idea what just made me grab her wrist out of no where...

What happened to saying, 'Hello, Melonie...how are you doing?..How has your day been before I just randomly grabbed your wrist?' 'Oh, that just delightful!'

"Who's there?" she asked.

I then thought I hear someone coming up the creaky, wooden stairs, so I did the most instinctive thing that came to mind first. I pulled Melonie closer to me and pushed back against the wall. Pulling her closer so no one would see my 'return'--as they would say.

I immediately took in her scent of hair...a light breeze, if you will, of lavander and ...flowers....almost...no...just like a rose...and the way she felt as I pulled her against me made my face redden a bit, but only a bit...I suppose...right?

The way she fitted perfectly in my arms...it was...

Hell I have gotten none the least the slightest idea....

She was about to say something else, but I covered her mouth before she could mutter anything!

Her lips were soft...and...and.

Is there something that I can do without thinking about how Melonie is?

Melonie

“Who's there?” I managed to stutter out loud. I was frightened, and I did dare to look behind. Then all of a sudden, who ever it was pulled me against their chest as they pressed against a wall to hide in the shadow. I was surprise that they pulled me like that. All of a sudden, they then covered my mouth from saying anything further. Then they started to say something to me.

“Shhh, it me....” The voice was so familiar said near my ear. I broke from their grasp when they let their grasp loose. I turned around and saw Erik. I took in a sigh of relief; I was shaking.

“Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you.” He said.

I saw the look in his eyes. He looked really sorry for scaring her. “That's okay.” I said putting a hand to her chest, feeling the rise and fall of my jugular, “You know how to keep a girl on her toes, don't you?” she said smiling, recovered from her fear.

“I didn't mean to do that...I just wanted to talk to you about what Madame Giry....”

“Same here....." I said cutting him off. Just then we heard foot step coming up the stair, “Someone's coming! What do we do...?” I whispered worriedly.

“Follow me....” Erik said quickly as he grabbed my wrist again.

“Where?” I said trying to stop him before he could drag me any further.

“You room, through the mirror.” Erik said quietly as he dragged I up the stairs to my room.

It was so quick, but then again I could catch every detail and moment of it.

He was so adventurous; there was always something there to think about when I was around him. Whether there something to be excited, sad, or mournful, I shared that emotion with Erik.

When we made it to the door of my room we didn't hear anyone coming anymore, we looked around quickly and went quickly into the door; I still wanted to go see Erik's home again. As we ran into the room I slammed the door behind us and locked it. I rested my head against the door as my recuperated myself. Erik then slid the mirror open, stepped in, and offered a hand to me.

I looked at him sweetly, smiled, and took his hand. It was still warm and tender, just as it was early that morning when they met..... No matter what, whether when he was in a hurry like when we were running up the stair or when we were calm, just like now. Or even a few moments age when he frightened me a bit with a dramatic appearace, no matter what his hands were always so warm.

And when he held me close to him and against him, I could have melted right into his arms. I was thinking these thoughts as they were walking through the mirror and through the tunnels that lead to Erik's lair.

As they were in the boat I thought about what Erik said before, talking about what Madame Giry told me about his past.

I tried to think of an interesting was of bringing it up, but soon something no so interesting came out, “Um, Erik?”

“Yes, Mon Animé?” Erik asked as he paddled the boat to his lair.

“What were you going to tell me about Madame Giry's talk to me about your past? Sorry to bring it up, if it makes you uncomfortable, you don't have to talk about it.......if you don't want to though I mean, and I...” Erik just smiled down to me, so I stopped talking.

“It's alright, when I'm with you it doesn't make me feel so bad.”

“Why is that?” I asked.

“The way we've been though the same thing…that's how we understand each other. I only got mad at Christine because her words came out of pity. Yours come out of understanding. Besides, Christine's has had a perfect life when she was growing up, and now she's with Raoul and they probably have their child as one big happy family.” Erik said with sarcasm.

He still was angry at Christine for hurting him like that.

“Erik, well, I understand that Christine hurt you, but don't you think that you should forgive her?”

“Forgive? I'm not angry; I'm just mournful for my broken heart.”

“And angry, admit it Erik we all get angry. Even I do.”

“No I can't imagine you upset, you're too kind.”

“Are you saying you're not kind as well?” she said jokingly.

"I'm not kind at all...." He said quietly and sadly to himself.

I didn't know what to tell him until I remember early this morning, "Erik, you were the one that was helping me when I was crying last night, remember? That's being kind...”

He only nodded in understanding.

"So we both are on the same page...." I fell into the silence....

"But, Melonie, you can talk to me about anything....you possibly can't offend me..." Erik said.

It made me feel good that I could talk to Erik about anything; I wanted him to feel comfortable around me.

We finally made it to Erik's home. As we stepped out of the boat, Erik lead me to sit down. I sat on the couch and he did so as well in an extra chair.

"So would it bother you if I asked you about your parents?" I asked quietly.

"Of course not. I'm open to you, you're open to me, right?" he said reassuringly.

The thought of being 'open' to Erik, made I a bit nervous…..Open about what…I thought...how could he be so confident with his words..... "Right, so why were they so mean to you?" I asked quietly.

"Well, more of my mother. My father died before I was bored so I never was able to know him, but rested assured he would hate me too. Well, she was ashamed of me. She hated me. When I was about five she sold me to gypsies....they were nice to me. They taught me magic and spell.... they cased a spell upon me when I turned nine....I could never remember what they said though.

“I was eventually too much for them to handle. When I was eleven they sold me to a traveling circus of gypsies. That's where Madame Giry found me. Then she let me live under the Opera House, and I've lived here ever since. My home, but I was always alone no one to talk to, no one to care for, nothing to do, nothing! So I became interested in to music and started to teach myself how to play and I taught myself other traits of arts other than music such as design and visual art from watching the background painters and costume designers. But continued music as my main focus area. I was alright, living alone. Madame Giry would bring me something to eat that would last about two months. But one day, when I was about fourteen, she came…" his words were with hatred. I wandered why.

"Who's 'she'?" I said confused.

"Christine..." He said blankly.

"Oh..." I found myself being hurt when Erik talked about her.…

"She was just about seven. I would watch her, like her angel, just as she thought. At night I would hear her talking and praying to her father about her Angel of Music, and she would ask him when would he send him and things like that. I would sing to her at night and she would lie in bed and listen to me.....and then last year, I thought of the brilliant plan: to become her Angel of Music.” He said with more sarcasm than you ever could have imagined. His words turned from sarcasm to sadness everywhere you looked, “But now I know it was just a horrible mistake. I was just a fool, I was so eager to find love...." Erik began to get caught into him words....“I'm sorry for mentioning this; I must be boring you to death…”

"No, actually I find it rather interesting...." I lied. I wanted to know more about his feelings for Christine...but why was I investigating behind their encounter a little to much? "What other things happened between you two..." I questioned; as much as I was against Christine, I wanted to know how well Erik and Christine 'knew' each other.....

Apparently I hid the meaning of her question very well for he didn't notice the meaning behind my words, "I don't know, but when she became older into her womanhood...I became attracted to her...." He said with complete loathing in his voice.

"Did you ever love her?" I asked him wistfully. Even thought it wasn't found in my words, I hated it when I thought of Erik being in love with Christine, but why?

Erik sounded very honest and solemn with his words, for he has seen there was no point in going through all of the trouble to try to win Christine's heart over the one true person she loved, "No, I now know that it was just a mere obsession, actually it was even less...."

Even though I hated the thought of Erik loving her, I felt bad for him and all the trouble that he had to go through until he really saw the truth. I hated Christine for that, “Did she even give you a chance? At least get to know you a bit…the real you?” I asked.

“No, I'm glad too….she really deserves to be with who ever she wants. We all in this world need that chance though…..”

"You got that right…but, you have to admit, she is rather beautiful though…very much like in the newspaper I suppose. Perhaps even more…” I said recalling a picture from the newspaper.

"No, I know someone one else that she possibly couldn't compare to what you call her beautiful..." He said confidently.

"Who?" I didn't know that Erik would find anyone else appealing besides Christine....

"I'll give you a hint...she's my best friend...." Erik said and smiled at me...I knew that I was Erik's only friend, but was he really thinking of me as beautiful?

"Are you referring to me as pretty?" I said modestly.

"No.....you are beautiful....." His words so confident.....

I started to blush a little....and then a lot! He finds me beautiful?

"Aww, thank you, that's the kindest thing anyone has ever said to me in my entire life, you know!"

"Really? Didn't you have a love back in Ireland?" He sounded as if he expected me to have a love.

Where has he been?

"God, no!" I said with a little laugh, "I guess men in Ireland don't really like the headstrong, Filipina type, so no. I was the girl of my friends that was headstrong and alone most of the time. Never had a 'love' as my friends called them.....but those would only last about....what? Two day? Two week? So what's the point...I've wanted a solid love...something couldn't be broken. My friends would urge though." I said as I grudged as the thought.

"Did it work out alright?" He asked.

"Are you joking? I didn't favor any one of those stupid boys at school. Perhaps I‘ve scared them from beating them up with they hurt my friends..." I said in aggravation.

I supposed that he found that amusing for he chuckled a bit, "What type of girl where you then? Have you changed at all?"

"I haven't changed at one bit, my good Misour! I was the different girl among my friends...as they would walk with their so called 'beloved's' everyday after school, I would just sit in my favorite tree and write in my journal..."

"What did you write about?"

"I would write stories, lyrics, poems...anything I could get out of my mind...just to express myself." I said remembering when I would get in trouble with the nuns at the orphanage for staying out too late.

"What type of stories..."

"Adventure with a bit of drama, but mostly with romance. Oh, how I wished that someone would fall in love with me, like the women in my books did...And I would love that man back with all of my heart....." I said wistfully, but then turned the arrow around, "but what are the chances of that happening, hum?"

My eyes wandered around Erik’s home, but before I could know why, he started to cry. What did I do?

"Erik, please don't cry. Did I remind you something about Christine? I'm really and truly sorry..." I was truly sorry that Erik was sad about something, but what was it? Did I say something bad? Did it remind him of a bad memory?

Erik could just shake his head to show me he understood my sympathy.

I sat on both of my feet as I kneeled on the ground in front of Erik. I put a hand onto his cheek....his skin was simply warm, just as his hands...I felt tears running down his cheek to my hand. "It's alright, Erik....I'm here for you! And I always will be. No matter what happens, I'll be here when you think no one cares.....I'll be that true friend for you....."

Erik could just look at her and ever so slightly nod his head.....

I couldn't stand it when Erik was crying. I immediately reached up to him and flung my arms around him.

"Aww, Erik....It's alright...crying is good for the heart," I pulled away from him and looked deeply into eyes. I once again was drowning in his deep sea eyes. I began to stand up, "Here, you look tired, you need your rest as well....I'll put you bed," she said as I offer him a hand.

He took it and I helped him stand up. I faced him as I took both of his hands...I walked facing him as Erik followed me to his bed. I finally sat him on the bed. I took off his jacket and vest for him.

I feel shamefully nervous about this...but why?

I then helped him take off his shoes. I opened the covers for him and helped him under his sheets. He rested his head in his pillow and faced me. I held a hand on his cheek. I then softly sang my mother’s lullaby to me from so long ago. I softly stroked his cheek and I helped him go to sleep.....

He finally went to sleep. I then wrote him a short note for him in the morning.

Dear Erik,

Good morning, I hope you slept well. I'm really sorry if I said anything that made you feel sad and made you cry last night. Well, I hope you have a wonderful day and I'll try my best to come see you today. Maybe after dinner. Well, thank you for everything, and have a good day again.

Your best friend,

Melonie O'Riley

I looked at Erik as I put the note beside him. "Thank you again..." I whispered......

I knew that I cared for Erik, but would there be something more.....He possibly can't.....and I can't think that way!

But I had to admit, Erik was rather attractive, from his unforgettable face, to handsome, manly figure, to his shy, yet outgoing personality, to his perfect smile and sly smirk. Everything about him made me blush just thinking about him.

Urgh great, my life is in slow motion...right now I'm feeling like I'm back in 8th grade....just like my friends, falling for every which guy that was nice to them...urge! NO Mel, you must be mature...you can do it...you can resist.....but you can't just go away and leave him...you just promised....God what do I do!?' I didn't know what to do...'Alright, I'll stay.....but I can't fall! No matter what! No matter what....no matter what happens, no matter what he does, not matter even how tempting it is....I can't FALL!

Thinking this, I started to leave his room, but just then I heard someone talking...."Good night, Melonie..." A faint voice spoke.

Just as I looked over my shoulder, I only saw Erik asleep, but still he was resituating himself in bed, but I knew that it was his voice, "Good night, Erik.....sweet dreams...." I whispered to him as I walked out of his home.

He's incredibly sweet to just wake up to say that to me....as tired as he looked.

Melonie

I walked through my mirror, and then finally knew that I could not get him off my mind...he was engraved into my mind...but how did he get there....so fast? He even broke through my promise. I was mortified!

He was so intoxicating, deep, and tempting....but how? Was I the only woman in this world that thought this.....because if I wasn't, Erik wouldn't be feared of anybody...especially women....he was so attractive to me.

I began to think out loud, "So he isn't attractive to other women....except me? Hold on! Wait...why am I thinking like that....I only wish it was like that...where did this thought even come from? My God, help me!” I whispered to myself. My broken apart, scattered words started to torture my mind.

I don't know how long this promise of mine was going to hold this grudge, but I have to stand strong. But was I just going to give in later? There was no point in it if I was going to succumb to him eventually to do that….NO!

"My God, what a day could do to a woman in this little time...." I sighed. I tried to get my mind off of Erik.....but how?

I then started to think about my parents. I remembered the time that we’d fool around and just joke around....laughing, talking, and everything, but Erik was so much like my father. I couldn't think of anything else to do...I just had to let it be done to me. But was I just making myself do this, or was God telling my mind to do this. Which one?

"How could I do this to myself? God, I know I've been praying for that certain special someone, but now isn't the best time. I really don't think it's the right time at all. I just want to have a regular job like a regular woman in any life, not one that is caught up into relationship mess. Hold on! WAIT!! Relationship?" I had to think about this all...was I falling?.….falling into his trap?

"My God, what's happening to the old Melonie...?”

I couldn't think straight, my mind was trying to think about something else that didn't have to do with Erik, but it always curved back to him. I finally fell asleep thinking that my thoughts about Erik were finally over....little did I know, they were just beginning.

Old 01-13-2008 at 03:35 AM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
opps...why did I post twice....hummmmm  Post [27] »

hehehe!!! opps if you read before I fixed this, don't you think that I'm stupid!!! haha! well ummm eleventh chapter is coming...um....humm this week's exams...and I have Friday off....and I gotta study really hard....well I might get on later this week, God knows only! AHA! well I hope you all like it so far! I love this, it's a real hit with my friends! hehe!!!

Old 01-13-2008 at 05:21 AM
death_shadows
Wandering Child
Opera Spirit

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [28] »

yay more ^^ very good i loved it ^^. im still editing the rest of it but ill add this one to edit as well ive been really busy lately, so i havent had musch time but im doing my best ^^ i loved the chapter. keep em comeing ^^

Old 01-15-2008 at 05:40 AM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [29] »

hey? should I close thing I could just PM this to you...not one's reading it...yeah it really sucks....um so yeah...

Old 01-15-2008 at 03:58 PM
death_shadows
Wandering Child
Opera Spirit

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [30] »

oh ummm....if u wish to to then i guess u could. jus make sure i can keep reading ^^ i love it lol. im still editing wut u sent me. i havent had much time. but im working on it