The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera » Beyond the Paris Opera » The Work of a Genius » Sculpted Angels
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Rose/Michele | Gender: A Woe to Man | Posts: 1,716 | Roses: 220
Old 05-24-2009 at 07:01 AM
A_Single_Rose
Wandering Child
Das ist ein Bingo!

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
A_Single_Rose: Art is Quite Useless  Post [1] »

Okay, all art is not quite useless. It's just a quote from my favorite novel The Picture of Dorian Gray:

"We can forgive a man for making a useful thing as long as he does not admire it. The only excuse for making a useless thing is that one admires it intensely.
All art is quite useless."

Anyway, to business.

I've decided to make an art thread - simple as that. I only have Microsoft Paint, which is Photoshop's much older, more feeble and pathetic sibling, so to speak.

I recently made little tribute pics for the people I am currently RPing with. That can be found in the Character Portraits Thread.

Here are some PotO pictures that I've messed with a little:

Let the Dream Begin
Let the Dream Begin - with text
Hold Me, Hide Me - with text
Savor Each Sensation
Savor Each Sensation - with text

Enjoy!

EDIT: Oh! And Nat – AKA witch – in honor of your birthday, here’s a little picture for you:
Happy Birthday, Nat!

[signature under construction]
A_Single_Rose's Profile Send Private Message A_Single_Rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Haley | Gender: mademoiselle | Age: 25 | Posts: 4,279 | Roses: 0
Old 05-24-2009 at 07:03 AM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron
I'm on my knees for you...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2] »

I loved your banners that you did over on the portraits thread. If you're up to it I would love for you to do a Taressa/Calvin banner. Taressa's AI is Jamie Bergman and Calvin's is David Boreanaz... they're married in real life so finding pictures of them shouldn't be to hard.

To get an idea of their relationship check out the Le Maurice thread... maybe a quote along the lines of. "A second chance at a first love..." or something like that... have fun with it :)

Like the sound of silence calling I hear your voice and suddenly I'm falling lost in a dream
Like the echoes of our souls are meeting you say those words my heart stops beating
angelofthenight's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Natalia | Gender: Female | Posts: 2,742 | Roses: 50
Old 05-24-2009 at 07:12 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3] »

Another new member of the banner making art club LOL
It will be nice to see more of your work as I simply love my Cara one that you made.

Also love the kitten giving me a gift. Thank you I feel very special.

witch's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2009 at 07:52 AM
A_Single_Rose
Wandering Child
Das ist ein Bingo!

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4] »

witch: Ha. Yes, a new banner-maker in the hizzouse... Wow, that was so uncool. Thank you about the Cara banner. Her AI is so beautiful that you don't really need to add much to make a decent banner for her, really, I think. And you're welcome with the birthday card. I wanted to find a cute picture... and voila... cute kitten!

angelofthenight: Actually, I did have a little fun with this one. I'm very new to banner making, so I'm still experimenting. I hope this works.

Calvin & Taressa
Calvin & Taressa 2

I made two because I placed the text in just slightly different places. Hope you like.

A_Single_Rose's Profile Send Private Message A_Single_Rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Haley | Gender: mademoiselle | Age: 25 | Posts: 4,279 | Roses: 0
Old 05-24-2009 at 08:10 AM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron
I'm on my knees for you...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5] »

Awww they are so cute.. thank so much :) I"m glad you had fun with them and I think that really does capture the essence and core of their relationship even if they are going through a rough spot right now :)

Like the sound of silence calling I hear your voice and suddenly I'm falling lost in a dream
Like the echoes of our souls are meeting you say those words my heart stops beating
angelofthenight's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2009 at 08:11 AM
A_Single_Rose
Wandering Child
Das ist ein Bingo!

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [6] »

You're very welcome. You were right. Since they're married, it really wasn't difficult finding a suitable picture. They're a very good looking couple, which helps, too.

Old 05-24-2009 at 08:15 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [7] »

In response to your reply I just want to say thank you about the kind words. (P.S Cara thanks you to though she doesn't believe you about beautiful part)

Already I see that you'll be another person to watch.

Name: MystMoonstruck aka Cyn | Gender: REDHEAD! | Posts: 5,059 | Roses: 235
Old 05-24-2009 at 09:13 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [8] »

I just had to visit to view all of the artistic banners and other graphics you've created! I recall suggesting that you make an art thread and am so happy that you did! There's room at TPO for many people, whose styles vary so widely. It's remarkable what can be done with simple programs, isn't it? Just think how prepared you will be should you ever get a more-complex one! I've been considering checking out the next step up from Print Shop if it's not too expensive. I tried a tiny bit of Microsoft Paint on my old laptop but never could figure it out. I'm not sure if I have anything like it on this PC.

I love the fonts and swirls on the "POTO" pictures! I already complimented you on the wonderful work you posted on the Character Portraits thread, including a banner of Raven. I've been wanting to try one of Evelyn, even one commemorating Evelyn and Raven's meeting at Brentano's though I'm not sure where we will end up with that one. Verrrry interesting...

I noticed Haley's banner immediately! So, you definitely do eye-catching work that I look forward to seeing more of very soon.

Good luck on your new art thread!

MystMoonstruck's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2009 at 09:29 AM
A_Single_Rose
Wandering Child
Das ist ein Bingo!

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [9] »

witch: Those words were compliment of Evrard. ;) Of course.

Myst: Thank you, very much. It feels good to have some support for a novice banner maker. You are inspiring me to do more. Just of what, I have no idea as of yet. And I would love it if you made an Evelyn one. I think that would be just awesome.

I, too, am interested to see where our Brentano scene goes.

Old 05-24-2009 at 09:35 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [10] »

It kind of sounds like something Evrard would say now that I think about it... As I said he is very much like a secound father to Cara though to Evea Well.

I wounder what kind of banner you'd come up with for them.

Can't wait to see what you come up with when it comes to more banners.